:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ford Modified Injectors (NSFW)  (Read 2572 times)

FreshDA9

Ford Modified Injectors (NSFW)
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:20:10 PM »

I tuned a SRT-4 a few months back using these AGP 1200cc injectors and I had no issues with them.

I was thinking of getting a set to throw in the Integra and I knew they were a Ford Racing part. http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9614

Simply it is a modified 47LB injector to flow over 100LBs. This reminds me of the Decapped WRX injector thread. Does anyone have any experience with these first hand? I didn't have much time to play with the set we got for the car. You can buy a set of 8 form summit racing for $280 and sell the other 4. I have been meaning to see what our discount is at summit on these. 

Where all the injector Nogs at! O0

"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Ford Modified Injectors (NSFW)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »

Nice Ariel picture...

As far injectors go sound like some good deals  :noel:

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:21:23 AM »

Any Bosch over 900cc in that shape is a CDM copy, and that Ford Racing part will only do about 8-900cc. The only legitimate EV14's that are over 900cc have the super-long outlet nozzle deal and the two CNG models that ID used for their 1600cc & 2200cc line. Neither can be found for under $80 PER injector, a reason I don't mess with them.

You could probably get a half-way decent set of 4 from the initial 8. The last set of 8 injectors I tested was able to make a set of 4, but the other 4 weren't remotely close. WitchHunter claims they provide the pulsed flow data you'd need to avoid an absolutely terrible flow mismatch at low pulse widths. From my experience, they will vary by about 10% and individual cylinder trims will not work to correct it. The injector with the largest static flow could also have the lowest dynamic/pulsed flow, so the trims would make mismatch at idle that much worse. I also see about 5% of each batch so far off from the rest they're not usable, to the point I'll have to do a few thousand injectors until there's enough of them to make their own batch.

I'm curious if you've seen my ForSale post about my injectors. I do the same thing except on a bit larger scale, and it's not exactly cheap & easy to get into (I still haven't broke even). It's also not that easy to sling injectors that were decapped with a dremel tool even if you have a fancy flow sheet. I don't want you to think I'm steering you away, as you can find a lot of info from me in the wrx injector thread & pics of my 1st lathe steady rest jig in a separate thread. I just don't recommend if after all the time & money I poured into this. In some ways I wish I had rebuilt my car or reinvested in my house instead.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:55:50 AM »

I forgot to mention you'd have to mill the inlets down to 10.4mm for a Honda, or spend $40 on aluminum adapters from xenocron. GSR manifolds will only work with the adapters.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

FreshDA9

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »

That's some credible information. I have seen your old for-sale thread but not the new one. although the 800cc pricing looks amazing even for a broke dick like me. Im tighter then a Jew holding a penny but look forward to a PM.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot
Pages: [1]   Go Up