:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best bang for the buck new budget turbos?  (Read 3487 times)

• Certified OG
best bang for the buck new budget turbos?
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:20:58 PM »

im looking for a budget gt35 sized turbo somthing good for about 450-500hp (realistically shooting for high 300s'low 400s errday) on a 2.8L inline 6 bmw m52 engine. not trying to spend $1000 on a turbo so..  last time i used a holset hx35 on a similar bmw motor, the lag was kind of alot, might of had somthing to do with the larger 16cm external gated turbine housing though..

was considering using a cxracing gt35 knock off, they have mixed reviews but suprising amount of good stuff said about them around the internet, would be nice to only drop 350ish on a turbo or little more for the ball bearing model, but i dont mind spending a little more

there any other not made in china turbos that are reasonably priced? 

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: best bang for the buck new budget turbos?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »

I'm surprised you had lag issues with a holset. All if them I have tuned spoiled way sooner than I expected.

Cxracing is the only budget new turbo I can think if that might be decent.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:42:43 PM »

Hx35 on my low comp 1.6l was full boost at 4k 30psi. Your doing it wrong!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

DSharp

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 07:31:18 PM »

Holslut is the standard budget build turbo IMO.  You say you want something cheap, but you expect good quality; buy a good quality used turbo. 
No escape from the mass mind rape

NoPistons!

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:50:33 AM »

If you get something cheap that specs out same as a "real" 35r make sure you get a warranty with that shit.

Company i'm dealing with now (snail fighter store) is super legit and low priced.   They treat every customer like they are the only customer and i really dig that kind of care.  They do custom turbos, coatings, billet, ball bearing, you name it.  Turbonetics makes their exhaust housings, compressors are made in japan, bearings are made in AZ USA IIRC or somewhere in the midwest and they are targeted to the budget crowd that would otherwise buy some bullshit from some cheap-0 ching chong generic cash cropping sticker branding assclowns who barely speak english.

Godspeed even offers a 1yr warranty on their shit now. I've spoken to reps online via email as well as over the phone.  Really friendly and candid.  They used to be considered scum of the earth when snail shopping but have stepped it up hard to remain competitive.

You can get a dbb 35r for around $400-500ish with a 6 month to 1 year warranty from some companies also if you look hard enough.

Lately i've just been looking at companies that stand firmly behind the products they sell or i simply wont support em. 

And if a .57 trim w/stgIII turbine wheel can make 400whp at 20 something psi on my 3L v6 it'll do it on your 2.8.  I've seen an ebay single scroll on a 6-1 mani t70 take an rb25 almost to 600whp  with a fat fucking torque curve from 3500 to redline at 20+ psi.  Hopefully get to ride in that car personally soon because it looks scary as hell and fun.

All else fails you can go with a 12cm housing hx35 or rock a homebrew qsv on a larger divided housing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:57:56 AM by NoPistons! »

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »

Holset!!
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 12:23:04 AM »

The make smaller turbine housing for the hx35 .70 .63 .55 the first two t3 flange 55 is DSM flange
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »

buy a good quality used turbo.

All used turbos are to be considered worn out and in need of rebuilt.  Sir, are you troll?
Pages: [1]   Go Up