:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tring to start turbo ls with crome  (Read 5036 times)

ohisofly

Tring to start turbo ls with crome
« on: September 27, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »

So I finally got rid of all my check engine lights and the car still doesn't want to idle, although it is getting better than before. I just need some input on what to adjust while trying to start it; drop your email if you want the bin file, it won't let me attach it for some reason. It's a stock rebuild ls, 255 fuel pump with hiprofile 900cc injectors set at 45psi on the fpr. The only other change that would effect it running is I installed a 3 bar map, but I adjusted the tune for it so I don't why that would be an issue. I pretty much followed the xenocron write up on putting together a basemap and here I am. As of now the car just turns over, but a few times it did idle for a few seconds before shutting off.

91 Crx Si - turbo ls vtec

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: Tring to start turbo ls with crome
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »

If you hold your foot on the throttle can you keep it running? Have you adjusted your idle screw on your throttle body? I had a motor that I couldn't get to idle no matter what I did and it ended up just needing more air at idle. Backed the screw out about 1/2 turn and was perfect.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 01:25:52 AM »

I keep the inj. offset at 0 and post startup 1.00  in:

Enter the supplied voltage Inj. offsets in Advance tables-> Injector Battery offest stock

Use this manual, it is probably the most comprehensive one out there.  :noel:

Which version Crome are you using?

ohisofly

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:46 PM »

If you hold your foot on the throttle can you keep it running? Have you adjusted your idle screw on your throttle body? I had a motor that I couldn't get to idle no matter what I did and it ended up just needing more air at idle. Backed the screw out about 1/2 turn and was perfect.

It would just miss when I tried to use the gas to keep it running, but adjusting the idle screw did help a little bit.

I keep the inj. offset at 0 and post startup 1.00  in:

Enter the supplied voltage Inj. offsets in Advance tables-> Injector Battery offest stock

Use this manual, it is probably the most comprehensive one out there.  :noel:

Which version Crome are you using?

I picked the 12 ohm 750cc rc engineering injectors under the injector battery offset because that seems like the closest thing (I measured and these injectors are 12 ohms)

My crome is "Dealer version Crome 1.6.11r2"

I did end up getting the car to idle a couple times but every time it was really rich (10 afr). When I did get the car to idle I left that chip alone and started messing with another one but then I couldn't even get the car to start. I gave up messing with the tune and tried to put back in the chip that did actually get it to idle but then that didn't even start it.

Now when I try to adjust the fuel offset it only let's me change it in .25 increments, when before it would let me put in whatever I wanted. Any ideas? I've tried a bunch of stuff but nothing is working

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »

I suspect you do not a good voltage to ecu, clean good no green grounds needed, is alternator keeping out.

Are you datalogging?  If you are, look at your voltage with everything off except engine running you should be @ >13.4v prefer 13.6v

When adjusting inj voltage off you are trying to get voltage display to be stabilized, b/c if you are rich or lean afrs it take more voltage to jump spark, ftw sparkplug affects this too. Start plug gap at 0.025", then work the gap down as you go further tuning off idle.
Compare operating voltage @ gap 0.042" and then 0.020" you will see what under light, no boost load.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:14:15 PM by 92CXyD »

ohisofly

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »

I suspect you do not a good voltage to ecu, clean good no green grounds needed, is alternator keeping out.

Are you datalogging?  If you are, look at your voltage with everything off except engine running you should be @ >13.4v prefer 13.6v

When adjusting inj voltage off you are trying to get voltage display to be stabilized, b/c if you are rich or lean afrs it take more voltage to jump spark, ftw sparkplug affects this too. Start plug gap at 0.025", then work the gap down as you go further tuning off idle.
Compare operating voltage @ gap 0.042" and then 0.020" you will see what under light, no boost load.

I could see how that would be an issue, my grounds seem ok but I'm going to setup hulog and see what that voltage is (I wasn't datalogging before).

I do have my gap at .025 so looks like I'm good considering that aspect
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:53:23 PM by 92CXyD »

shanerv

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 10:55:50 PM »

pm me for a bin I have a exact tune for your setup tuned to 18 psi 28-30 mpg. provided your running a 3 bar from omni/hondata/freescale not a gm 3 bar

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:08:19 PM »

My guess is it's running a bit too lean, and only starts because of the startup enrichment. Try 825cc for injector size and the following for battery offsets:

Latency (milliseconds):
16v = 0.65,
14v = 0.76,
12v = 1.27,
10V = 1.91,
8v = 2.40
6V = 2.94
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up