:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OLED gauge displays  (Read 11870 times)

rawr

• Certified OG
OLED gauge displays
« on: March 25, 2018, 11:52:44 PM »

These SSD1306 displays are pretty easy to use with arduino and look pretty decent in light and low light.

I've made these for my center console to display my wideband and fuel pressure sensor. 

The fuel pressure sensor is ran entirely by an arduino and cost sub 30 bucks with the arduino, sender and the display.

Here's a link to the github for the arduino code.

https://github.com/clbs/Arduino-OLED-fuel-pressure-and-wideband-o2-display/blob/master/dual_oled_gauge_display.ino

I can make a wiring diagram and explain further if anyone has any questions.

Link to OLED displays:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-96-inch-IIC-Serial-White-OLED-Display-Module-128X64-I2C-SSD1306-12864-LCD-GND/332415158671

Link to pressure transducer for fuel pressure:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pressure-transducer-or-sender-100psi-5V-Stainless-Steel-for-oil-fuel-air-water/282568485079

I've also designed a panel mount for autocad for these little OLED displays. The mount or PCB might need a little modification to fit. I'm not sure yet. The 3d print is currently in the mail.

They snap together on a panel so they should be decently easy to mount.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:01:06 AM by rawr »

Tim

• Certified OG
Re: OLED gauge displays
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:15:00 PM »

damn, that's cheap as hell and looks half decent.
Solid work

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »

damn, that's cheap as hell and looks half decent.
Solid work
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 11:21:39 AM »

zahid

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
  • RHMT
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 06:10:20 PM »

hello sir
i want to only show  pressure in oled display my pressure transducer in put 5 volt dc and out put is 0.5 to 4.5 volt dc and pressure is 0 to 400 bar
i want to display the pressure in display only please send men the code thanks

i am waiting your replay

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 09:45:01 PM »

hello sir
i want to only show  pressure in oled display my pressure transducer in put 5 volt dc and out put is 0.5 to 4.5 volt dc and pressure is 0 to 400 bar
i want to display the pressure in display only please send men the code thanks

i am waiting your replay

Are you using the adafruit libraries listed in my github? arduino? know which pins to use? want it to display in bar?

LMK and i'll get you something

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 10:51:52 PM »

That looks great!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 01:26:08 AM »

This is horrible.

bense

• BenseBuilt
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 05:19:33 AM »

"quotquotFrankenstein when I'#039#039m making mine,
You think you rhyme? You should think of mine"quotquot

http://facebook.com/BenseBuilt

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 08:47:45 AM »

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 09:24:28 AM »

bikewrench

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 11:31:16 PM »

Just finished a project with one of those OLED's. This looks like a cool one to try next. I got the code from your github. Thanks for sharing.  The link to the pressure sensor is dead. Is this similar specs to what you used? What is the pressure range of the one you used?

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Transducer-Sender-Sensor-Stainless/dp/B0748BHLQL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=24RK3DJFX6LVR&dchild=1&keywords=arduino+pressure+sensor&qid=1627528941&sprefix=arduino+pre%2Caps%2C227&sr=8-4
i am all about doing shit myself, saving money, and most of the time i actually enjoy working on the car as much as driving it.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 10:08:15 AM »

Just finished a project with one of those OLED's. This looks like a cool one to try next. I got the code from your github. Thanks for sharing.  The link to the pressure sensor is dead. Is this similar specs to what you used? What is the pressure range of the one you used?

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Transducer-Sender-Sensor-Stainless/dp/B0748BHLQL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=24RK3DJFX6LVR&dchild=1&keywords=arduino+pressure+sensor&qid=1627528941&sprefix=arduino+pre%2Caps%2C227&sr=8-4

That sensor looks like the $135 sensor AEM sales  :noel:

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 08:17:16 PM »

I think that's the exact same sensor. I had a 100psi sensor as well. As long as its a 0-5v output sensor and it comes with a datasheet you should be able to change the scaling. If its 4-20ma sensor you'll have to build a little extra circuit to change it to a voltage output
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 08:21:03 PM by rawr »

bikewrench

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2021, 07:06:55 PM »

I got it assembled on a breadboard and it seems to be working well.  For testing I put the sensor and an analog gauge on an 1/8" tee and put some pressure on it with a bike pump. The gauge on the pump and the oled were pretty close. The old analog gauge was about 7-8 lbs off, it's probably not very accurate. I was checking out the code, and thinking about messing around with the scaling of the sensor. I'm a novice at coding, but looks like these are the lines that define the scaling.

fpOutput = map(fpSignal, 0, 1023, 0, 5000);
  fpFinal = ((fpOutput - 500)/40);

I'm confused by the numbers/math, Can you explain how this is calculated, where the numbers come from? I think I understand that the first line sets the input to be 0v min and 5v max. But not sure whats happening on the second line.
i am all about doing shit myself, saving money, and most of the time i actually enjoy working on the car as much as driving it.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 02:39:42 PM »

yea the 0 to 1013 is the counts from the ADC coming in from the arduino. they map from 0-5 volts linearly so its easier to just convert it to be in millivolts as 0-5000 and make it human readable.

fpFinal is the output in volts subtracting a half a volt because that's where that sensors scale starts.

Here's the output for the sensor I was using.

Output: 0.5V to 4.5V linear voltage output. 0 psi outputs 0.5V. 50 psi outputs 2.5V. 100 psi outputs 4.5V

so the range for 0-100psi is 0.5 to 4.5v so that's 4V total so a 4000 count scale represents 0 to 100 psi. Makes the math pretty easy and you can just divide  4000 by 100 and since its linear every 1 psi is 40 counts.

bikewrench

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2021, 04:51:28 PM »

That makes perfect since now. Thanks. Pretty sure mine is .5 to 4.5 as well.

Now I just have to figure out where I want to mount it. I have an old 14.7 NAW wideband controller that I've never used, its about the size of the oled. This would make a good display for it and it should fit in the same enclosure. Going to try to use just the atmega 328 in a socket and ditch the arduino to save space.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 11:14:59 PM »

That would be dope if you got it running in a smaller pcb that would fit into a gage

bikewrench

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2021, 01:49:57 PM »

Still working on this project. Was originally thinking of putting this in the stock radio slot. But I have an ef with a broken clock and found that I could fit 3 of these oled displays in its place. Ordered an i2c multiplexer to be able to use 3 displays with one one arduino. Had to modify the code a bit more than I expected, but got it going with an extra sensor for oil pressure. Should be able to fit the displays and all components including the wideband controller in the same space the clock occupied.

Thanks again for the inspiration and sharing the code

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 01:18:06 AM »

Still working on this project. Was originally thinking of putting this in the stock radio slot. But I have an ef with a broken clock and found that I could fit 3 of these oled displays in its place. Ordered an i2c multiplexer to be able to use 3 displays with one one arduino. Had to modify the code a bit more than I expected, but got it going with an extra sensor for oil pressure. Should be able to fit the displays and all components including the wideband controller in the same space the clock occupied.

Thanks again for the inspiration and sharing the code

You shouldn't need a multiplexer, just need to address them differently. Most of them have pads you can jump solder and change the address on.

A(u)di

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
  • RHMT
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2024, 10:07:35 AM »

Could you PLEASE post the wiring for the arduino and o2 sensor?
Thank you so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up