:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird ECU Problem - OBD1 P28  (Read 3195 times)

El Beefo

• tongue punch my fart box
Weird ECU Problem - OBD1 P28
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »

I'll try to keep this as simple and straightforward as possible. Don't really have high hopes on getting an answer but maybe? I recently found up  a P28 in a Box of junk car parts That I picked up for 20 bucks and in my excitement I forgot to test Before chipping.  I had the freshly chipped is you sold the very next morning. After getting the buyer all set up with a base map, he plugged in the computer and drove off happy . 5 minutes later, he's back at my place saying there's a problem. I pop in my "test map" chip, plug in the Moates Engine Simulator, and everything runs fine... for about 30 secs. At that point,  all injectors pulse at the same time and CEL is solid.   I pulled the jumper to convert back to factory settings and I still get the exact same situation. I assumed it was a possible bad solder connection Or maybe the board just need to be cleaned again so I did that and nope,  still the same situation... even with J1 open. Any idea what's up.  This is the first time in over 10 years I've seen this.  I did record a vid of the Simulator if that'll help. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up