:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should i go for it?  (Read 1216 times)

95teg

Should i go for it?
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:35:24 PM »

Im trying to build a riding mower gokart to ride to class on. i was thinking i could easily get it to go ~30mph.
i found this one on craigslist. it looks rough but nothing a little nig mig and a rattle can can't fix. i can probably talk them down to $20. i was thinking i could easily get it to go ~30mph.

the question is does it look to rough to fix, should i hold out for something else or should i just go for it?

http://york.craigslist.org/grd/1160059011.html

if i do go for it be sure that there will be a build thread with ripper vids.

enikolayev

Re: Should i go for it?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »

You should, i want to see some wheelies.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:56:59 PM »

I had a craftsman one, I think it was 14hp ish. I got for $40, I found an old wrecked dirt bike, and stole its bars, and used the twist grip throttle and clutch and brake. Pulled the governor, changed up the pulleys for some extra top end, and did some mild exhaust work. Welded the front beam solid. and drilled a hole through the rear end put a bolt in it as a "locker"

it would go about 35-40mph flat out, and would get the front wheels off the ground about 4" if you popped the clutch just right, wouldn't carry it at all though. Faster then the 70cc 4 stroke pit bike my neighbor had at the time.

If you search there is a whole racing lawnmower league and shit. Never got involved with that, but I did see them race at a local fair, it gave me the inspiration for the dirtbike style steering and controls.

All in all it was a great $100.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

95teg

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:07:30 AM »

thats awesome. hopefully i can do that.
I just want to do wheelies down the main party street at my college.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 03:14:39 AM »

I had a craftsman one, I think it was 14hp ish. I got for $40, I found an old wrecked dirt bike, and stole its bars, and used the twist grip throttle and clutch and brake. Pulled the governor, changed up the pulleys for some extra top end, and did some mild exhaust work. Welded the front beam solid. and drilled a hole through the rear end put a bolt in it as a "locker"

it would go about 35-40mph flat out, and would get the front wheels off the ground about 4" if you popped the clutch just right, wouldn't carry it at all though. Faster then the 70cc 4 stroke pit bike my neighbor had at the time.

If you search there is a whole racing lawnmower league and shit. Never got involved with that, but I did see them race at a local fair, it gave me the inspiration for the dirtbike style steering and controls.

All in all it was a great $100.

state the year this occured
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:22:32 AM »

Well I was living in Cloverdale (saw the racing lawnmowers at the Cloverdale rodeo). Danika and I were not yet engaged, so I would have to say 2000, possibly 2001. I will ask c-wood he has a better memory for dates. It was still sitting out at Danika's parents house in Aldergrove last time I had heard.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up