:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling Nostalgic  (Read 2255 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Feeling Nostalgic
« on: December 09, 2022, 04:54:22 PM »

Man, you ever want to feel like the old days just start researching chip tuning again. I don't know if I ever posted about my 100% stock E36 M3 on here back in the day, but I bought it 16 years ago and 13 years ago it broke. I never had the time to mess with it so it sat till a couple month ago. I got it running again and now I am looking into tuning the stock ECU. Seeing people talk about chip burners and ostriches feels like learning about Honda tuning 20 years ago. Odds are I'l ship tuning the stock ECU and go direct to the Link ECU since it's plug and play while only costing $1100. But it would be cool to make some adjustments for now since I temporarily stuck an M50 in it rather than the S50 it came with. I also wish I could datalog to figure out my MAF issue the car is having.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Feeling Nostalgic
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 01:03:11 AM »

Man, you ever want to feel like the old days just start researching chip tuning again. I don't know if I ever posted about my 100% stock E36 M3 on here back in the day, but I bought it 16 years ago and 13 years ago it broke. I never had the time to mess with it so it sat till a couple month ago. I got it running again and now I am looking into tuning the stock ECU. Seeing people talk about chip burners and ostriches feels like learning about Honda tuning 20 years ago. Odds are I'l ship tuning the stock ECU and go direct to the Link ECU since it's plug and play while only costing $1100. But it would be cool to make some adjustments for now since I temporarily stuck an M50 in it rather than the S50 it came with. I also wish I could datalog to figure out my MAF issue the car is having.

Ya and Moates and Xenocron, and other are closing shop, but a tonne of new companies are filling the demand.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 10:22:49 AM »

You can probably RAM trace the MAF table with an Ostrich

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 11:38:35 PM »

You can probably RAM trace the MAF table with an Ostrich

Maybe with tunerpro? I still have an ostrich 2, 🧐🧐
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up