:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fuel in oil issue possibly engine seized up need some RHMT help.  (Read 2071 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads

I have a :
              d16z6 block with y8 head
              75.5mm vitaras running .005 p2w
              Honda 75.5mm rings
              deck the block 0.020"
              788cc inj.

All the bearing tolerences are a little towards the loose side but well within specs.

I have been cranking on the motor for about 2 days trying to straighten out my ignition timing and ecu problems.

I never adj. the cranking offset in crome 1.5.3 so have my 788cc inj. being treated like they are 240cc when cranking oops. :o

My engine started making a high pitch sound. I thought the starter was making the sound.

Changed the starter still making that sound and my engine is cranking over slowly.

So I looked at the valve event timing to see if maybe the head had a valve come loose or something.

I noticed that the valvetrain was barely getting oil up top.

I can smell fuel in the oil. So I drained the oil and filled it back-up and disable the inj. and put some marvel mystry oil and some engine oil down the sparkplug holes.

I tried cranking the engine over and the engine was still making scrapping noises but the engine was starting to crank faster.

I did this for about 10 min. and the starter was getting hot so let the starter cool down for about 30min.

Came back out and crank some more hoping to get scrapping sound to go away but the engine would not crank over.

I figured the starter just needed more cooling. I let sit over night. This morning I tried cranking over the engine and start engauges but nothing.

I'll try switching a starter and see if that helps.

But if the engine is still stuck do I have to take the hole engine out andcget it fixed or can I just pull the head and pull the pistons out and replace the rings?

sorry about the wall of text. ;D

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: fuel in oil issue possibly engine seized up need some RHMT help.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »

If your still have this issue after swapping the starter...

Youd want to pull the oil pan and the bearing caps first.  If there is damage, you might also pull a cam cap (one of the last things in the oil circuit for most engines) and verify. 

Do this and post pics of the bearings please.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

I think I wash out all the lub I had on the cam from the oil and fuel mixture.

I got the starter to turn the engine but I snapped the cam gear and broke one of the spokes.

But the engine turns over easier now.

I'll bring this up to Lynnwood and see if we can give my car some old fashion RHMT love. ;D

crx-ecutioner313

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 03:57:00 AM »

on the subject of love where is zack i cannot find the ignorant di?K i hope he hasnt drowned

crx-ecutioner313

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 04:09:17 AM »

i think its the type of oil that your using get the mobile1 0w-50 and a can of lucas then she will run like a neon with a cold air intake made from 1" vacum cleaner hose man that was a fast neon after he duck taped that 1" hose on there i counted  0-60 in my head at about 4 sec before then after that it was 2 sec to 60 i flew out the back window and broke my arm
Pages: [1]   Go Up