:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Orange Chicken ZC Del Sol Build thread. Rippers added.  (Read 40582 times)

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
Orange Chicken ZC Del Sol Build thread. Rippers added.
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:38:30 PM »

Homemadeturbo is now dead.  RickP can kiss my ass.  Theres my fucking edit bitch!!!

95 Sol, Dhing Chong Wastegate, Holset soon, blah blah blah!!!  Shitty ass 1154whp with 148 ft-lbs of torque when the clutch was slipping before turbotech nuked my engine.

Warning Tons of pictures below!!!

This was there before me on the dyno :)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 01:22:26 PM by malichite »
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
Re: Orange Chicken ZC Del Sol Build thread. Rippers added.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:39:20 PM »

FUCK TURBO TECHNOLOGY!!!

Just had to get that out of the way. This fucker let go about 2 weeks after the tune. What ever, just calls for a better build and a tune from someone else or myself. Here's where it stands now. Ordered a set of Supertech pistons, TT Rods, HKS head gasket, orange chicken front mount. Still need to get a set of ARP head studs and a walbro 255.  Block just went to the machine shop. Getting ready to build me a monster. :)

Carnage pics!

New shinny shit!

You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 08:40:05 PM »

Been super busy finishing some other projects but I am finally getting back to this. Well, block is back and looks pretty good. Started working on the oil setup. Started out by drilling out the oil pressure sensor hole on the back of the block and tapping it out for 1/4 NPT. I then put a 1/4 NPT to -6AN adapter and ran some braided line (temporary of course until it is in the car)

Next I made an oil distrabution block. It has a -6 inlet to feed it and a -3 out of the right for oil supply to the turbo. Then on the bottom of the block I have drilled and tapped two holes for the oil pressure sensor and an oil pressure gauge. This should help to clean up the usual mess of oil lines on the back of the block.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »

Well, been making a little bit of progress and thought I would post some pics. I took the week after next off also so this thing should be on the road laying dirty seconds in no time. >:D

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:41:10 PM »

Oh Snap!!!
 :6

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »

Only the most bitchen ring compressor ever. Observe

ARP Ring Compressor How To

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »

I work with a guy that used to be an electrical engineer. I told him about this turbo and he came up with a real simple circuit to control a servo with a pwm signal and move it based on voltage (or map pressure). He also said that he can set endpoints and control the hold voltage or map signal. My turbo should be here today so we are going to tear into the stepper motor that controls the VGT and will see what kind of input it requres. We might just switch to running it with a servo and call it a day though.

Well, I got a little work done today. Got the old engine out, new one in, intercooler mounted (and stealthed) everything is wired up and ready to go. Just have to make some new charge pipes, new wastegate dump tube and a couple other little house keeping things. Right now I only have the little .42/.48 saab turbo on in while I break it in and until I can get some time to build a manifold for the HolSlut. It has been over a year sense I drove this whore and I want to get out and drive it. Hoping to be driving this thing to lunch tomorrow. Enjoy.

Looks like a case of now you see it!

Now you dont!

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:43:45 PM »

Did a little work on the old manifold today :) I just have a little more welding to do on it and then put it in the car. I have it mocked up on the SOHC right now but It should fit fine on the ZC. Hoping to put it in this weekend. The old log manifold was one I made a long time ago and jacked the cut up on. I am just going to weld it back up and call it a day :8

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »

Well, had a few issues on Saturday. Wideband failed, no big deal. Bigger deal was the Del Sol decided to do a reinactment of the exxon valdez on my Garage floor. Turns out my budget oil line off the back of the block developed a leak. So, I ripped the engine out tonight to get that replaced with a better oil line. Unfortunatlly the only way to get to it is to pull the engine or intake manifold. The first option is the easiest if you ask me. I am also going to take this time to replace the tranny as it was acting up some on me. Gonna swap the SI trans out for the DX. Should give me a little more time in gear.

I did however get the Holset bolted on and hung it in there to do some trial fitting. Looks like it is going to fit perfectly. I will need to swap the fan out for a slim fan but that is not a big deal. Here is how it sits right now. Enjoy.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 08:45:07 PM »

Been super busy and havn't had a lot of money to pour into it. I still need to get some 3" exhaust pipe to finish making the downpipe and exhaust. I threw the old turbo back on and was driving it for a little while tell this old fucker hit me in a parking lot. Not I am to pissed to work on the fucking car. Waiting for insurance to finish dooking it out. Depending on what I get from insurance, I should be able to get this bad boy done. I really want to see what this turbo is going to do danmit. Just one delay after another.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 08:48:17 PM »

Holy fuck that was a ton of pics.  Anyways, current update is I havn't run the Holslut yet.  Yeah, I am a pussy.  I still need to get some bigger injectors.  It is only running the 450s right now.  Also need to get my new xenocron fuel pump and 3 bar in it.  Hopefully do that this weekend.  Currently it has a jacki chan turbo in it.  Pulls a hell of a lot harder then the saab turbo and seems to have stoped my james bond smokeing car dissapearing routine.  Here are some pics of the current setup and a quick ripper of it with a really shitty tune.

Delsol Ching Chow Meow Turbo ZC Supertech Pistons and a Crappy Tune

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »

Been super busy and havn't had a lot of money to pour into it. I still need to get some 3" exhaust pipe to finish making the downpipe and exhaust. I threw the old turbo back on and was driving it for a little while tell this old fucker hit me in a parking lot. Not I am to pissed to work on the fucking car. Waiting for insurance to finish dooking it out. Depending on what I get from insurance, I should be able to get this bad boy done. I really want to see what this turbo is going to do danmit. Just one delay after another.

That's how working on cars is man, but you already know that. Everytime you touch a car, you have to deal with something that you didn't expect to happen. Keep it up man
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »

Yeah, insurance ended up setteling in my favor.  Bought me a sweet 60gallon stand up air compressor, grizzly bandsaw and a fender.  Fuck to the yeah.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 09:05:24 PM »

Yeah, insurance ended up setteling in my favor.  Bought me a sweet 60gallon stand up air compressor, grizzly bandsaw and a fender.  Fuck to the yeah.

Awesome glad it worked out in your favor. Fucking old people backing into shit!
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »

Glad to see you mad it over here. Did you get my pm about these place before they banned me?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »

No, I didn't get your MP on HomeMadeFail.  Thanks for looking out though. 

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 01:11:39 AM »

bought time I tried getin at you before i got the boot
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
  • Never alone, Never again. (NA)
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »

you still haven't got this turbo running? I ended up selling mine for the HX35.. decided to do a sinktrap and that thing weighs 3x too much  :)

gl with the build though, keep us updated

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 11:18:02 AM »

wow! nice! what pistons/rods ordered exactly? i think supertech havent ZC DOHC pistons, you have to send them stock specs or so..

what rods too? looks nice!

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 11:22:33 AM »

There tunertoys rods with D16Z6 10:1 pistons.  Works out to around 9:1 in the ZC.  Been holding together pretty good so far.  Need to get a decent tune on it.  I can't get the holset in either until I can get a slim fan and front mount the slim fan to make room for a down pipe. 

DreaMeR

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 01:27:15 AM »

was wondering when the hell you were gonna get the Holset on there, just outta curiosity how are you controlling the vains? Just like Aero?

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 06:37:41 AM »

There tunertoys rods with D16Z6 10:1 pistons.  Works out to around 9:1 in the ZC.  Been holding together pretty good so far.  Need to get a decent tune on it.  I can't get the holset in either until I can get a slim fan and front mount the slim fan to make room for a down pipe. 

ok! thanks! so u got D16Z6 rods/pistons 10:1 CR... :evil:

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »

I'm feeling the EDM valvecover.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 10:54:21 AM »

what did ya do with orignal turbo mani. you had on the ZC?

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »

was wondering when the hell you were gonna get the Holset on there, just outta curiosity how are you controlling the vains? Just like Aero?

Its not on there yet.  Trying to find some bigger injectors and get off my lazy ass to put the bigger fuel pump in.  The stocker can't even keep up anymore.  100% duty cycle, 10psi and still leaning out like a bitch.

what did ya do with orignal turbo mani. you had on the ZC?

Which one are you talking about?  The Splog is still on it, the fucked up log for the holslut is on my bench.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 05:41:58 PM »

You still want to use my ostrich? Or did xenofag get it to you?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 06:04:15 PM »

supposed to be reshipping it today. :(

esi42

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:55 AM »

These are the shit. 

Love the Rover valve cover :)

ZC ftw

PARTIZAN

AJxr

• i aint ur buddy pal
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »

i usually dont like del sols.

but between the dohc zc, rover valve cover, and holset and other custom pieces this car is sweet.

lets see some tits.
90 hatch
stock b18b1, b16 lsd trans, holset h1c
11.75@114.75mph, 1.76 60 foot. 14psi - retired
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up