:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electrical Fun  (Read 3137 times)

5thgenlx

• Certified OG
Electrical Fun
« on: June 19, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »

allright, this bitch has been hounding me for fuckn ever. my engine shuts off on its own at random. i can't reciprocate the problem, it just does it on its own. it'll cut out at any speed, at any throttle or braking, rpm's just drop to zero. sometimes it catches itself, turns over and good to go. 90% of the time it doesn't and just stays off. sometimes my radio and lights turn off, or not. i put it in neutral while driving and turn the key over, but sometimes i have to turn the key all the way off and then turn it over cuz it'll grind every now and then. as i turn the key over, rpm's kick back in then either engine stays on or it shuts down again. i'll have to repeatedly start the car up to a dozen times before it'll stay on.

i've had this problem for 2 years now and have replace little shit but nothing has helped because it will literally go away for 6 months at a time and then poof, its back. it was gone for the last 4 months and when i was roadtripping down to LA last week, it came back. since i left cali it hasn't done it since though. any ideas, and i need serious ones cuz i can't be randomly replacing everything. has anyone heard of such a thing? i've talked to honda and some shops in bellevue and they've never heard of this happening either.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
Re: Electrical Fun
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »

Ignition switch?

Sounds like a good one

5thgenlx

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

already replaced it a year ago after car was broken into it and beaners failed at stealing it

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:04:56 PM »

Ignition switch?

Sounds like a good one
That was my first guess as well.

Did you replace the tumbler(where the key goes) or the actual switch that goes to the fuse box?
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 05:24:48 PM »

The electrical Ign switch is about the only thing that has ties to all the circuits you described, also new dose not always mean its good

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 05:26:35 PM »

Could also be something with the connector for it, pin pushed out or something

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »

Check your grounds lately?

5thgenlx

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »

new dose not always mean its good

thats the conclusion i was coming to. the part was recalled in 02 and so i made sure i got the new part when i replaced it but it may not have been so.

grounds are good, actual tumbler is good, i replaced the whole thing when beaners attempted to jack it in new mexico and fuckd it all up. i'm probably gonna have to replace it all again. it wasn't too much of a bitch but damnit anyway

spoonfedcrx

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »

Like everyone else said I would check the ignition switch.  Also like someone else said check the connection into the fusebox and check pin fit.  Sometimes on the end that connects to the lock assembly if you pull the black plastic cover off you can see some burn marks.

Next time it shuts off and won't start try holding the key in the "on" position after it starts, if it stays running then I would say thats your problem.

I actually just started back to work last week and I think I might have a few electrical portion of ignition switch in my box.  What model car?

5thgenlx

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 06:59:04 AM »

Like everyone else said I would check the ignition switch.  Also like someone else said check the connection into the fusebox and check pin fit.  Sometimes on the end that connects to the lock assembly if you pull the black plastic cover off you can see some burn marks.

Next time it shuts off and won't start try holding the key in the "on" position after it starts, if it stays running then I would say thats your problem.

I actually just started back to work last week and I think I might have a few electrical portion of ignition switch in my box.  What model car?

97 accord lx

spoonfedcrx

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »

PM me ur addy and pay for shipping and its yours.

spoonfedcrx

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »

I got this switch if u still need it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up