:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Decent trade 3.0  (Read 3723 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
Decent trade 3.0
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »

Decent trade 3.0

Fuck it, traded

Traded my car and two 12' subs and box I paid $175 for in high school. Another non boosted failure, but thinking boost or H2B kit later.

Ex slut:

1999 Honda Civic DX hatchback BONE STOCK
145K miles
Rear bumper had a "rip" in it
Hood had a nasty ding in it
The front passenger tire was either out of balance or needed replacing (very loud)
The tranny started showing signs of ISB failure

New whore:

1999 Honda Civic Si coupe
152K miles

This is exactly how the car looked when I brought it home. Haven't touched it yet at all, not even a cleaning.

Notice the nice shiny NEW OEM head lights

Rims are 17" Raze, not my thing at all and too big for my taste. Will be up for sale/trade ASAP. Also car is lowered on Tein springs and stock struts, so that will get changed later also.

Drivers side fender dented

Passenger side fender dented also

Debating if these should come off. Theft isn't big around here, but don't want it to start with me lol

Look at that sexy ass

I think this can be fixed, just needs to be aligned.

Said some guy backed into it and dented this piece right under the tail light and cracked the tail light slightly.

ES oval muffler. Doesn't sound bad, not too loud and deep. Might keep it, unsure yet. If I do will probably be painted black.

Look goodies in the trunk. Undented fenders ( scratched, but at least dent free) and black housing lights.

Interior looks like it needs a good cleaning. So that should be taken care of soon.

ECU just chillin out in the floor. Cover and back is in the back seat.

Hood latch broken, but can easily pull with fingers

Didn't even bother to clean it out before he traded. A bit of trash.

Si cluster smoochie boochie, bitchez

Said someone tried to mold a tv into the double din slot. Did a crappy job, so I new one will be in order later.

Also broke the clips so it doesn't snap in

Crappy shifter with ghetto shift knob. Will get a good quality shifter and knob later. Also has a 96-98 lower console on it. 

What's that I spy under the hood, can it it be a HID ballast?

Look at that twinkle in her eye

And last but not leas, the POS limp dick B16

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
Re: Decent trade 3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 09:53:20 PM »

Not to sound like a dick, but why did he trade? Just for the MPG and it being a hatch or what?

Seems like a solid deal
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

tekno

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

i'd rather have the hatch

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
  • Never alone, Never again. (NA)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 10:05:54 PM »

the Si is worth a lot more.. just repair the BS and you can get 6500 for those if you sit on it.

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »

the Si is worth a lot more.. just repair the BS and you can get 6500 for those if you sit on it.

People still try to get 9500+ for these around here.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 11:04:11 PM »

What a bucket of rice.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »

Not to sound like a dick, but why did he trade? Just for the MPG and it being a hatch or what?

Seems like a solid deal

He said he has been looking for a nice hatch and can't find one for crap around here (which I understand since I drove from North AL to the Kentucky line to get mine).

He said only thing he did to it was put in a new head unit, head lights, and HID's. My guess would be he just wanted a hatch and there is a bunch of little shit wrong with it which seems worse than it is.

What a bucket of rice.

This should make you happy; he said he was going to swap a K20 in the hatch.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 12:00:59 AM »

That's more than you were doing with it.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »

There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

98redcavz24

• Certified OG
  • NE Crew
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 12:29:36 AM »

Wow that kid is a moron

fact
I do, however, expect to say goodbye to a few of my daughters friends the summer before they go off to college. nbspnbsp I bid you good day, sir. -Abaz

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 01:19:16 AM »

That's more than you were doing with it.

Product of being broke

Wow that kid is a moron

fact

My thoughts too, but I wasn't saying anything.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 01:38:57 AM »

I have that same dent in my fender, I wonder if he smashed it with his fist too.  ???
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 02:20:55 AM »

So tried to fix the climate control  bezel a little. Turns out they cut the stock radio harness and hard wired it in. WTF, why are people so damn stupid. The adapter is $5 and doesn't look trashy as hell.

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 06:52:34 AM »

8)
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 08:27:41 AM »

Thats a solid trade doug. Go to the JY and cut the radio harness out and just solder that thing back in.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 10:19:16 AM »

Yeah, I agree it's a good trade if you're looking to flip it for profit, but...  that stereo wiring is only the tip of the iceberg in a bucket of rice.  I get very angry when I am made to clean up after ignorance.  I couldn't take that car if it was free.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »

Yeah, I agree it's a good trade if you're looking to flip it for profit, but...  that stereo wiring is only the tip of the iceberg in a bucket of rice.  I get very angry when I am made to clean up after ignorance.  I couldn't take that car if it was free.

Yeah...I know my CRX is a slow POS (for now), but it has not been hacked into, and was only $2000-ish.  It's nice to be the first one to molest a car and be able to molest it properly without fixing other fuckups first...and I still get people inquiring to purchase it or something off it weekly (which makes me want to garage the shit)...but that was a good deal.

The guy is a moron.  When I was looking for a decent 99-00 SI coupe years ago, they were still around the 10k price.  I doubt it's fallen too far...

Honda-Tech

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 12:50:06 PM »

Sir, by purchasing this car, you are now an honorary member of Honda-Tech!

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

Funny part is I put the stock shitty 99-00 CD player back in mine, took the EX cluster and arm rest out and put the stock hatch crap back. Also took all my spare tire stuff out (since for some reason seems like every car I get never has one, this one followed suit)

Still debating on keeping it or flipping it.  Thinking about throwing the fenders on, doing a semi wire tuck in the process, and seeing what I can get for it. I'm sure I could find some
one on HT to buy it for a quick $5500 or a decent trade.

Speaking of anyone have a OEM shifter and shift knob they don't want?

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »

Thats a solid trade doug. Go to the JY and cut the radio harness out and just solder that thing back in.

Oh and this is a no go. All the JY here they won't let you go look. You just have to tell them what you want. Which is stupid as I like to just browse, never know what they might have. Not to mention they won't part stuff out, they would probably make me buy the entire wiring harness.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »

Oh and this is a no go. All the JY here they won't let you go look. You just have to tell them what you want. Which is stupid as I like to just browse, never know what they might have. Not to mention they won't part stuff out, they would probably make me buy the entire wiring harness.

JYs here suck.  They hardly ever let you browse, they hardly ever have Hondas with anything left on them, and if they do, they rip you off.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »

Yeah when I was looking for a gauge cluster cover for the Slo they wanted more than a brand new one from Honda.
JYs here suck.  They hardly ever let you browse, they hardly ever have Hondas with anything left on them, and if they do, they rip you off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up