:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: purge valve/dual stage boost setup help needed  (Read 2352 times)

89hatchsir

purge valve/dual stage boost setup help needed
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:58:24 PM »

Ok guys, since i'm banned from the old hmt, I can't find a old topic. Can someone post how to use a honda map purge valve for a dual stage boost controller setup? No stupid questions please. If you know what i'm talking about, then please post it. Other wise, piss off jive turkeys.

Find out where lexi Belle lives I wanna rape her. and by rape I mean sweet gentle love....of the ass....and mouth

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: purge valve/dual stage boost setup help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:06:50 AM »

The purge solenoid has 3 ports - inlet, outlet, and vent. When it's disconnected, try to blow through the 2 nipples (or suck your nipples :P ), the one that doesn't flow is the normally closed inlet port. Give it 12v and which ever port it then flows out of is the outlet port. The third is the vent, usually the top port.

A dual stage setup will be very simple. Take 2 mbc's, set their pressures, then hook them up in parallel. Put the purge solenoid in the line before the low boost MBC, with that normally closed port on the intake/boost side of the tube. To use the WG spring setting, replace the low-boost mbc with a check valve, or seal the vent port. When you power the solenoid, it will give you either spring pressure or low boost. When you turn it off, it has to build up to the high-boost mbc's setting.

A little cleaner routing of tubing would be to have boost enter the purge's outlet port, feed vent tube to the wg or low-psi mbc, then feed the inlet to the high-psi mbc. This will work it like a 2-way valve, the other will work it like a electronic on/off valve. The other method will be the only solution if your vent tube is broke off like on many purge solenoids.

Here is that GIF for a multi-stage setup. I'd have done it a bit differently, but it gives you an idea.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

89hatchsir

Re: purge valve/dual stage boost setup help needed
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 06:08:52 PM »

Yeah, that's what i'm talking about. I only want to run one mbc, and run off the wastegate spring, since first and second break loose at .6 bar. Third gear up, i want to run 1 bar. Will one pcs be enough or do I need to run two tee'd together? I think one would leak. I'm probably wrong tho.

Find out where lexi Belle lives I wanna rape her. and by rape I mean sweet gentle love....of the ass....and mouth
Pages: [1]   Go Up