:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: False drug test  (Read 4844 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
False drug test
« on: August 17, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »

Well I applied for a job and got it and today was the first day. I had to take the drug test before I could begin work. The drug test was one they did there that some random lady from HR did. It was one of those field test things, and it comes back positive for amphetamines. The woman then tells me I failed yada yada, and I try to tell her I didn't take any amphetamines. I then say I am on x x x medication and she says unless I can prove those medications have amphetamines in it there is nothing I can do. If I can prove it then they will send me for an actual lab test.

So I go to the pharmacy and all they can give me is a print out of what I take. None of which have amphetamine in it. I look my meds up at home and it says that Zantac will cause a false positive for amphetamines on field test, that a lab test must be done to show that it is not amphetamines by checking the enzymes. I call her back and she says they won't give me the test unless I can prove it. I tell her I found it online; she then says that she won't take that, it has to come from a doctor. Dr/pharmacy CAN'T give me a list and tells me that that's why they don't use field test that a lab test is what every employer uses (this is the first retarded field test I have ever taken).

I call back and tell the woman that and she says sorry they won't send me for the real test. I call and ask for the owner/manager and they say they aren't in and take my name and number. I then call my Dr and tell them and they offer to send me for a real drug test. I call back once again and the woman gets irate that I had asked to speak to the owner and says they have nothing for me to not call back or she will file harassment charges.

What could I do?

Cliffs: Dumbass employer is giving me a shitty Dollar Store drug test that is failing for a false positive for my Zantac.

PS: The woman's son lives in the city I do. He's one of the biggest druggies in town, and been through numerous rehabs. Talk about funny.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
Re: False drug test
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »

stop doing drugs.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »

Fucking junkie.  You disgust me, Doug.  Can you stop smoking meth long enough to get a job??

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »

lol

Doug that's fucked up.

Go for the real drug test, get proof you don't have any amphetamines.

Honestly, I'd drive up there and ask to speak to whoever is in charge.  The manager being out sounds like bullshit to me.

Take the real test, get the results, and take it up there to the bank and speak to the manager yourself.  I'd let him/her know all the bullshit the lady gave you.  Just act like an innocent white boy that needs a job to feed his family :P

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »

Doesn't matter at this point, your job is lost. I know it's hard but you have to be very civil about these sort of things for them to work out. IMO you called the employer too much, shoulda just got the test from your doc and then brought that to your employer. Legally, you can't do anything.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »

Doesn't matter at this point, your job is lost. I know it's hard but you have to be very civil about these sort of things for them to work out. IMO you called the employer too much, shoulda just got the test from your doc and then brought that to your employer. Legally, you can't do anything.

x2

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »

Quit mixing Adderall and Claritin-D.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »

I offered to get a drug test from the doctor and she said wouldn't work. Offered to pay out of pocket for the place they use, wouldn't hear it. Woman is just a dumb ass period. Not sure I would want to work there as she is the office manager.

lol

Doug that's fucked up.

Go for the real drug test, get proof you don't have any amphetamines.

Honestly, I'd drive up there and ask to speak to whoever is in charge.  The manager being out sounds like bullshit to me.

Take the real test, get the results, and take it up there to the bank and speak to the manager yourself.  I'd let him/her know all the bullshit the lady gave you.  Just act like an innocent white boy that needs a job to feed his family :P

It wasn't at the bank. They called me back a few hours later and said to go take my REAL drug test tomorrow. Pays $2 more on the hour and has some kick ass insurance.

Fucking junkie.  You disgust me, Doug.  Can you stop smoking meth long enough to get a job??

If you seen me you would know I don't smoke meth. I'm young BDVT. Not to mention uppers aren't my thing.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »

Man speaks truth.  He says no to meth.

Yeah I figured they'd pay decent.  Is the hobo life over?

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 04:53:11 PM »

never seen  a crack head yet that admites he has a problem. Get cleaned up you scetchy bastard.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »

If you seen me you would know I don't smoke meth. I'm young BDVT. Not to mention uppers aren't my thing.

Uh....

never seen  a crack head yet that admites he has a problem. Get cleaned up you scetchy bastard.

BDVT would be glad to be your e-sponsor, young sir.  We all care about you, and are having this intervention because we care so much, but until you take the first step and admit you love to suck that glass pipe and it's destroying your life there's nothing anyone can do for you.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »

Uh....

BDVT would be glad to be your e-sponsor, young sir.  We all care about you, and are having this intervention because we care so much, but until you take the first step and admit you love to suck that glass pipe and it's destroying your life there's nothing anyone can do for you.

If there is money involved I'll admit to anything

Man speaks truth.  He says no to meth.

Yeah I figured they'd pay decent.  Is the hobo life over?

Yeah this place was a contractor who did accounting type work. It was a lot closer than Compass, but the pay and benefits aren't as good.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36:28 PM »

The lady obviously doesn't like you, do you really want your boss to be someone who doesn't like you?

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 01:08:28 PM »

Just beat her son's ass! 

Adam Lofton

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »

Slip some X in her coffee then re-interview. If she gives you shit, tell her to pee in the cup.  :noel:

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »

The lady obviously doesn't like you, do you really want your boss to be someone who doesn't like you?

No I was just pissed at the stupidity of people. The field test (stick test) are garbage. There are so many OTC drugs that will give a false positive. If I knew my system wasn't clean I would spend $20 on some fake piss. It's all good though.

List of drugs to give false positives:

http://www.askdocweb.com/falsepositives.html

bigwig

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 11:28:06 PM »

Welcome to America.  The only way to combat stupidity is to sue.  Sue your company for wrongful termination.   In the end, you will either get your job back or several thousand dollars after lawyer fees.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:29:44 PM by bigwig »

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »

Welcome to America.  The only way to combat stupidity is to sue.  Sue your company for wrongful termination.   In the end, you will either get your job back or several thousand dollars after lawyer fees.

You realize that it is this logic you speak of that puts the country in the toilet, right?

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 11:42:53 PM »

I never used to think you were an idiot, your changing my mind slowly  :)

bigwig

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 12:09:47 AM »

You realize that it is this logic you speak of that puts the country in the toilet, right?

The system is currently fucked.  Years ago he could have walked up to the lady and said, "Listen, I know I didn't take those drugs.  Those drugs stay in your system X amount of days.  Let me take the test again." and as long as they weren't looking to get rid of you, they would have conceded.  Now there is so much bullshit policy that these employees are forced to follow these rules to a "T" without adding any insight or thought.  You can't reason with a company like that.  There is no recourse other than through a civil suit.  He loses his job because a $2 test said he took a drug that he didn't.  If he had a poppy seed bagel and failed the test, he'd be out of a job because he ate breakfast.  In this economy, losing your job for no reason is unacceptable.

In this economy, I wouldn't get fired for no reason.  All of you sit here and bitch about how you don't want people on unemployement and broken systems deserve to fail, but the second someone suggests to actually challenge a broken system, they are an idiot.

Doug clearly tried reasoning with the company.  He offered retest at his own expense.  He offered to show proof that he is in fact on a drug that causes a false positive.  They won't listen to reason.  Sue them.  They have it coming.  I wouldn't even sue for some extreme amount.  Just the amount of money you'd make if you currently had your job + lawyer expenses.

It took you that long to figure it out?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 01:04:53 AM »

Yawn

Rass vs the Canadians... how mediochre.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »

Yawn

Rass vs the Canadians... how mediochre.

I'm too tired to fight  :P

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 01:38:33 AM »

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 02:09:44 AM »

The system is currently fucked.  Years ago he could have walked up to the lady and said, "Listen, I know I didn't take those drugs.  Those drugs stay in your system X amount of days.  Let me take the test again." and as long as they weren't looking to get rid of you, they would have conceded.  Now there is so much bullshit policy that these employees are forced to follow these rules to a "T" without adding any insight or thought.  You can't reason with a company like that.  There is no recourse other than through a civil suit.  He loses his job because a $2 test said he took a drug that he didn't.  If he had a poppy seed bagel and failed the test, he'd be out of a job because he ate breakfast.  In this economy, losing your job for no reason is unacceptable.

In this economy, I wouldn't get fired for no reason.  All of you sit here and bitch about how you don't want people on unemployement and broken systems deserve to fail, but the second someone suggests to actually challenge a broken system, they are an idiot.

Doug clearly tried reasoning with the company.  He offered retest at his own expense.  He offered to show proof that he is in fact on a drug that causes a false positive.  They won't listen to reason.  Sue them.  They have it coming.  I wouldn't even sue for some extreme amount.  Just the amount of money you'd make if you currently had your job + lawyer expenses.

Um, wow, in your first post I almost you may have been joking, but now I see you don't get it, at all. I'll let you in on something, life is not fair. The sooner you truly understand and realize that, the better.

Businesses, should not have to keep you as an employee for ANY reason. You show up and do your job to your employers standards for a rate determined by your employer, if you don't like the work, conditions, pay etc, go get a different job. Likewise they should let you go for whatever reasons they need.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 02:27:19 AM »

Um, wow, in your first post I almost you may have been joking, but now I see you don't get it, at all. I'll let you in on something, life is not fair. The sooner you truly understand and realize that, the better.

Businesses, should not have to keep you as an employee for ANY reason. You show up and do your job to your employers standards for a rate determined by your employer, if you don't like the work, conditions, pay etc, go get a different job. Likewise they should let you go for whatever reasons they need.

I hope you aren't arguing it's OK for them to act like that?

She went out of her way to be a bitch.  At no point was she accommodating.

What trouble would it have caused her to let him get a real, legit drug test?

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 02:41:42 AM »

Whoever the fuck the OP was. All the bitch did was do you a giant favor in the long run.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 05:06:25 AM »

Well I wasn't working there yet. This was the drug screen for employment. If I had been an employee and fired over that BS I would have called a lawyer on my way out the door.

I hope you aren't arguing it's OK for them to act like that?

She went out of her way to be a bitch.  At no point was she accommodating.

What trouble would it have caused her to let him get a real, legit drug test?

It wouldn't have caused her anything. Hell wouldn't have even cost the company anything. It just goes to show you when morons have any amount of power/authority over someone they will prevail with all out retardation. IE: Alicia at Sams

Whoever the fuck the OP was. All the bitch did was do you a giant favor in the long run.

I agree. When I quit being so pissed about the idiocy I realized I wouldn't have wanted to work there with her as a manager anyways.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »

No I am not saying it was ok for her to act that way, thats bullshit, no doubt, but thats life. To sue over something so pathetic and small is ridiculous.

Ricky101

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »

the question is.,.were you technically an employee.. or not?? Prospective employees have no legal right to challenge pre-employment drug screens. However, workers who are already employed may be able to challenge their employers' drug testing plans in certain situations depending on labor law and local regulations.

The Dept. of Health and Human Services has issued extensive mandatory guidelines for federal workplace drug testing programs (SAMHSA guidelines). They include safeguards to assure sample security, chain of custody, backup testing, and prevention of dilution and tampering. However, private employers do not regularly follow the SAMHSA guidelines, and even those required to do so are often derelict in following them diligently.
An essential safeguard in the SAMHSA guidelines is to to confirm all positive test results with a backup test.

YOu mention the SAMHSA to their fucking ass..and they will retest you.. @ a lab..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up