:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: realHomeMadeBeer  (Read 2190 times)

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
realHomeMadeBeer
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »

I'm drinking my first beer of my first batch of homebrew.  American style pale ale.  Pretty good for a first timer, I must admit.  Who else home brews here?  After the initial equipment buy of around $50 or so, the ingredients only cost about $30, and it makes around 55 bottles of beer, which makes for some fucking cheap, delicious beer.  Mine isn't even done conditioning/aging yet and its still delish.  If you were crafty you could buy a couple extra buckets and stagger your batches so you never ran out of beer.  THINK ABOUT IT.  Gotta get some more supplies and start my next batch...

junkyard racer

Re: realHomeMadeBeer
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »

it quickly became a serious addiction. next up, my garage will be a full blown brewery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/junkyardracer/sets/72157608744416544/

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:22:13 AM »

man i could really go for a beer right now.  Thanks assholes!!
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

ironcrx

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »

Funny, I jsut went out and got some.

I just bought some Becks.  Damn its good.  Been so long since I had any I had forgotten how good it was.

I need to seriously get to making some home brew.

Sup 98vtec, rep 850. woop (fuck I hate this place)
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:32:04 AM »

I just bought some Becks.  Damn its good.  Been so long since I had any I had forgotten how good it was.

buddy of mine used to make it.  I live with my parents for now and they cant stand me drinking like i do so i highly doubt they would let me brew my own haha.

Becks is ok but the Dogfish IPA's are some of my favorite.

yea 850 sucks as far as racing and shit.  If we had the CA or northeast car scene here, it wouldnt be so bad.  But its not so bad living here.  You got the beach and a shit load of bars to get wasted at.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

ironcrx

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:37:04 AM »

I need to do more beer taste testing.  Unfortunately that gets pricey after a while to find the real good shit.

Hmm, Im short on funds but need to whip up some home brewed something for a safety meeting im having.  Welding fluid it is! (realhomemadehardcider!!!!)

Eh, fuck the sand.  Get desensitized over the years being around it all the time.  Fort Walton Beach is a shit hole tourist armpit of Destin.  I gotta live here.   :mexi:
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

crxtuner

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:43:06 AM »

if your paying 30$ a batch then you need to rethink what your doing. I have a corona clone batch from extract and i made 5 gallons (approx 50 beers) for 16.50$. And im starting a pilsner tomorrow at the same cost!

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 02:09:25 AM »

if your paying 30$ a batch then you need to rethink what your doing. I have a corona clone batch from extract and i made 5 gallons (approx 50 beers) for 16.50$. And im starting a pilsner tomorrow at the same cost!

well, corona is mexican piss water, but 16.50 is pretty friggen cheap-- where you getting your supplies from?

junkyard racer

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 05:57:38 AM »

beck is far from tasty, and its the last thing I think of when I think about craft brew. drinking craft beer can be expensive. I cant drink craft beer as if I could drink any other "american lagers" such as bud or coors...as it would just cost way to much. a 4 or 6 pack of craft beer is about the same as a case of bud or coors...depending on what you get. 9 times out of 10, 1 or 2 craft beers is the equilivant of about 10-12 bud lights for me...so usually a 6 pack will last me a few days.

Why anyone would brew a corona clone is beyond me. brew an ale or a porter.

I generally buy my things from northernbrewer.com

hatchboy

• my wife= hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.
  • Certified OG
  • Bombs Over Baghdad
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 08:20:26 AM »

buddy of mine used to make it.  I live with my parents for now and they cant stand me drinking like i do so i highly doubt they would let me brew my own haha.

Becks is ok but the Dogfish IPA's are some of my favorite.

yea 850 sucks as far as racing and shit.  If we had the CA or northeast car scene here, it wouldnt be so bad.  But its not so bad living here.  You got the beach and a shit load of bars to get wasted at.
I lived in pensecola for about a year. Not a bad place, quite a bit of ghetto nagga's though. I enjoyed many of nights on the pensecola board walk getting hammered. Best place to take chicks though was farther down that little beach island thing, the water was amazing and very quiet. i left rite after the hurricane came and destroyed everything, during the cane i lived in a middle school for 2 weeks in the gym, watching civilian's fucking shoot up in the hall way's and shit.  yuck.

Kenny Rogers

• Certified OG
  • I was raised on the dairy, bitch
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:50 AM »

Dogfish 90 minute is awesome... 120 is really hard to find, but totally worth it.

As for Home brew, we've done a few batches so far: 2x IPA, Irish Red, American Ale with Simcoe (near yakima valley) hops.  I don't use a keg, we use the bottle conditioning method.  For some reason the last batch barely had any carbonation.  I'm thinking something went wrong with the yeast towards the end, perhaps contamination.  Sugar quantity was correct, all caps were sealed correctly, so the only other variable is the yeast itself.

fork

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 05:41:04 PM »

corona is shit but 16.50 is so cheap that I don't believe it, whats tghe break done.

I have a 10 gallon all grain setup.  I have a keg for a kettle and MLT.  I've made a double ipa, a couple ipas, a wit ,a weiss, a belgian triple, an abbey ale, a barley wine.  and prob some others I can't remember.  I love making beer, haven't done it since I've moved to MI though.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »

As for Home brew, we've done a few batches so far: Irish Red
FUCKEN HOOK ME UP. Irish red's are my fav!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Kenny Rogers

• Certified OG
  • I was raised on the dairy, bitch
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 06:20:41 PM »

If you buy the batch materials (~$30), you're welcome to come brew it with us.  My buddy Mike has all the brew equipment at his house.  Each batch yields about 48 beers.

Olympic Brewing Supply in East Bremerton has everything you need.  Just let me know and we'll get a batch of Irish Red started.
Pages: [1]   Go Up