:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From the east coast to cow country...  (Read 2769 times)

schim187

From the east coast to cow country...
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:04:58 AM »

Yea, so i recently moved from Rhode Island to Montana to go to school...WTF?!?!?!  I'm one of the only civic's in town....buncha rednecks *haha* but taken a couple of kids for rides in my 95 dx and popped their boost cherry...they can't believe how fast a little 4 cylinder can really go.  If anyone needs any old school Honda's (like 70's to late 80's) they're every where here and rust doesn't exist...

just thought i'd share :mexi:

chris

Re: From the east coast to cow country...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:38:59 AM »

cowboy college?

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 02:40:26 AM »

what the fuck is in montana anyways.

chris

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 02:42:03 AM »

Open roads/no speed limit on many roads from what I have been told

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 03:50:26 AM »

Open roads/no speed limit on many roads from what I have been told
that false, there are actually signs at the boarder that say "welcome to montana, yes we do have speed limits"
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

5thgenlx

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 04:04:44 AM »

they used to only have night time speed limits but in the '99 they changed that to 75

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »

lol, funny about the signs.

When I went to Wisconsin, there was a lack of:
- ricers
- oversized chrome wheels
- loud thumpy music
- darkness

It was quite a difference from the idiotards here.

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

they used to only have night time speed limits but in the '99 they changed that to 75

truth.  once upon a 1999, the speed limit was literally posted on the sign as "Prudent"

germans, on holiday would often go to montana to experience the no speed limit highways much like their autobahn.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 01:40:51 PM »

Quote from: wikerpedier
On March 10, 1996,[83] a Montana patrolman issued a speeding ticket to a driver traveling at 90 mph (145 km/h) on a stretch of State Highway 200. The 50 year-old driver was operating a 1996 Camaro with fewer than 10,000 miles (16,000 km) on the odometer. Although the officer gave no opinion as to what would have been a reasonable speed, the driver was convicted. The driver appealed to the Montana Supreme Court. The Court reversed the conviction in case No. 97-486 on December 23, 1998; it held that a law requiring drivers to drive at a non-numerical "reasonable and proper" speed "is so vague that it violates the Due Process Clause ... of the Montana Constitution".

Effective May 28, 1999, as a result of that decision, the Montana Legislature established a speed limit of 75 mph.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »

so one guy fucked it up for everyone, still when i was out there we topped out our rental for a good 10 miles. shits so flat you can see 50+ miles
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

rawr

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 02:03:37 AM »

going to montana for school would be sweet. good choice

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 02:18:47 AM »

Yea, so i recently moved from Rhode Island to Montana to go to school...WTF?!?!?!  I'm one of the only civic's in town....buncha rednecks *haha* but taken a couple of kids for rides in my 95 dx and popped their boost cherry...they can't believe how fast a little 4 cylinder can really go.  If anyone needs any old school Honda's (like 70's to late 80's) they're every where here and rust doesn't exist...

I will take 85-87 Civic/CRX Si and 86-89 Integra.  Let me know price, etc, I can probably catch a plane up there on Stealthwife's dime (she loves me) and drive back down.

chris

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 02:22:33 AM »

Mr. Davis california is full of those literally for 100 dollars. Most are good running cars with a couple little issues that wont let them pass smog. So they stay in peoples backyards till the end of time

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 02:31:50 AM »

Mr. Davis california is full of those literally for 100 dollars. Most are good running cars with a couple little issues that wont let them pass smog. So they stay in peoples backyards till the end of time

truck them east for mad profits

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 05:54:39 AM »

just thought i'd share :mexi:

What town are you in?

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 10:44:55 AM »

That's awesome to know, but without consulting Mapquest I'm going to guess that Monatana is closer, and cheaper to get to.

truck them east for mad profits

Not much profit in them.  SCCA/NASA/roadrace guys love them, they're pretty much the only ones who own them around here.

schim187

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 11:45:21 PM »

Yeah, speed limits are 60 on roads going in to town, 75 on the highways, I live in Helena...got a bunch of chevy's trying to race me, but i still got out of state plates, so i gotta scope the scene a bit.  Went to 2 junkyards today, found 2 da's that were stripped, couple of 70's civics, and that was it for imports.  I know there's a gold mine somewhere around here with a bunch of eg's/ef's.  I'll let YA'LL know when i find some good stuff.

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »

Good luck finding that gold mine that doesn't exist. Kid I knew from a few years back lived in Montana, had to have me ship him a damn door because there was not 1 crx within 150 miles of his house. If you find something it'd really surprise the shit out of me.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

schim187

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 12:13:26 AM »

yea i'd believe it...gonna keep my eyes open tho
Pages: [1]   Go Up