:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BENT VALVES!!  (Read 11613 times)

lsturboracer

BENT VALVES!!
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:05:56 AM »

fuckkk..got this car with a broken t belt.. yanked the head.. looked fine.. put it back together with new gasket.. 180-180-90-180..

can i just yank those 4 valves and replace them all?? there was no damage on the pistons or valves.. didnt even look like they touched..

would a wet test make a diff if the valve is just lightly bent?? i cant see this mint running car having a bad cyl right after the t belt went...

will the valve guides need replacing or can i get away with a quick swap..

also.. are 1.5 valves the same?? i got a DX head and a VX head.. can i use those valves??

travis

chris

Re: BENT VALVES!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 01:12:31 AM »

You need ls valves I have a box of them. 5 bucks_shipping Ill send has many has you need.

The human eye cant see a bent valve 99.999999999999 percent of the time. You need new valves/powerwash the head/clean the chamber/lapping compund/install

Pretty simple.

lsturboracer

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »

its a Z6.. i guess i should have said something.. lsturbo was years back.. 05 i think.. anyways.. i guess its good news instead of dropping 75 bucks on a new head ill just toss a couple new valves in and lap them all since i gotta get a machine shop to take the valves out.. fuckin SOHC garbage

lsturboracer

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 01:21:17 AM »

the chamber on that head is fuckin mint.. so are all the valves.. it wont need much cleaning at all..

so since its Z6 can i use valves from those heads??

20 bucks in shop labour and 10 bucks to lap.. my kind of repair.. and a wasted headgasket.. i got a 1.5 gasket since they are 30 bucks less and i kinda thought it was gonna have a miss.. number two was open when the belt broke

travis

chris

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 01:25:04 AM »

you need d16z6 valves

chris

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 01:26:11 AM »

Again I have them. 5 bucks+shipping. Shipping us mail is going to run around 10 bucks for priority mail

lsturboracer

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 01:39:36 AM »

so i was lookin for this post and couldnt find it.. i then realized i was on hmt and not rhmt lol..

what corner of the usa are u on?? its 10.99 for the small flat rate box.. 

im gnna see if i can get some locally.. i just saw that fjt has stock valves for 7.50 so if they ar 10 bucks locally ill just do that.. im in a hurry lol.. but if i cant find anything.. ill send you as many cats as i can get my hands on..

travis

chris

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 01:50:11 AM »

california

Dont buy anything but honda valves. Im assuming fjt is selling a chinesse replacement valve=no good. Alot of those replcement cdm parts are suspect. Honda stuff never lets you down

Used honda valve for the win

chris

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 01:51:04 AM »

15 shipped for all the valves you need.

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 01:58:24 AM »

Support RHMT OG members and Pay Pal that $15 dollars to Chris so you don't have to bullshit around with locals

its a Z6.. i guess i should have said something.. lsturbo was years back.. 05 i think.. anyways.. i guess its good news instead of dropping 75 bucks on a new head ill just toss a couple new valves in and lap them all since i gotta get a machine shop to take the valves out.. fuckin SOHC garbage

I see you don't any RHMT skills 

I'll take those valves out with a rag, magnet, and a boxed end 7/8 wrench
  Putting them back in is way harder like that but thats how I did it.....

lsturboracer

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 02:02:48 AM »

its 40 bucks to have them all removed and replaced.. well worth the fucking around... so maybe 10 bucks for these 4 only.. the head is solid.. dont really need to lap them all.. i am pure HMT.. 90 bucks for a 150k mile z6 head or 30 bucks and i can keep my wicked shape 120 mile head... no carbon anywhere.. its sick

travis

ill take the valves chris.. just pm me your paypal.. feel free to stuff other shit in there too

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 02:08:16 AM »

ill take the valves chris.. just pm me your paypal.. feel free to stuff other shit in there too

Chris, take a shit in the box before you send it   ;)

J/K

lsturboracer

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 02:11:03 AM »

thats right.. ill paypal u tommorow.. im in bed and my cc is in the truck.. im gonna have to make an account cuz i hate paypal and always use my brothers account.. but he is out of town!!

travis

Rosario4124

• Certified OG
  • HATE HATE HATE
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

its 40 bucks to have them all removed and replaced.. well worth the fucking around... so maybe 10 bucks for these 4 only.. the head is solid.. dont really need to lap them all.. i am pure HMT.. 90 bucks for a 150k mile z6 head or 30 bucks and i can keep my wicked shape 120 mile head... no carbon anywhere.. its sick

travis

stop being a lazy piece of shit and replace them urself, cause that "only" 40 bucks u can still have in ur pocket. if U were "pure hmt" you wouldnt pay someone to do work for u

why would you not run it, it makes no sense. If there is a water cooled section it was designed to be run with it for cooling. Pretty sure garrett knows better then some fat guy in a accord. nbspnbsp :P

chris

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »

spend 40 bucks on valve compressor tool

jdmhatchracer94

• I have a nova that will never run!!
  • Certified OG
  • Official RHMT Nigglet!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 05:00:17 PM »

I got the schucks special over head spring tool $15 shipped you lazy ass do some shit your self
4 door eg nbspnbsp 13.2@118 someone needs to run slicks
338hp 293tq

Good enough to fuck your mother

Atticus

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »

dude valves are just like nails
when you miss with your hammer and bend one. just pull it out and bend it straight

Turbo hondas are like crack, you can say no for a little while but one day your gonna have to hit up Tyrone on the corner for a t3/t4.

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 08:24:07 PM »

These spring compressor tools that you speak of

Pictures and where to buy or they dont exist.

Work on H22s?

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

d-rail

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »

These spring compressor tools that you speak of

Pictures and where to buy or they dont exist.

Work on H22s?

You can get them at the parts store, I've got 1 and Matt has 2 different kinds of them.

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »

I was more talking about the one Rob as at TPR, that one's designed for Honda's, cant remember if he said snap-on or matco tools

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up