:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbo Questions on junkyard turbo prizm.  (Read 4675 times)

89shithatch

• Certified OG
Turbo Questions on junkyard turbo prizm.
« on: September 28, 2009, 03:03:09 AM »

-weld cast manifold to steel t25 flange for turbo manifold or spend 150 on ssac?
-anyone know of any other injectors besides the 7mgte supra that are plug and play with the 4afe toyota corolla engine and will flow enough for 7lbs? Possible leads on some i havent had any luck finding them.
-fuel pump upgrade for 4afe on 7 lbs yea or no?
-trying to keep this build as cheap as possible so any parts that will work from other cars that i can go pocket from the pick and pull is what im looking for. not spending money on r/c injectors or anything like that.
-i highly doubt anyone will be able to answer this but how much modification is actually necessary to mount a 4age exhaust manifold on a 4afe head? anyone work in a junkyard or have access to a 4afe and 4age and can mock it up?

89shithatch

• Certified OG
Re: Turbo Questions on junkyard turbo prizm.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 03:24:19 AM »

i have the oval style injector clips. they are denso injectors. i was told the supra 7mgte will work. just looking for other oprtions. i would not mind hacking a harness as a junkyard to install larger/different injectors just curious as to if anyone has any other information on higher flowing injectors that will get the job done. and any information on if the other said injectors will need a resistor box or something of that sort. (used to hondas not sure if that is even something needed?)

AstroVannin

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »

4G Celica GT-S green injectors are 315's IIRC

Thast what I was using in my Tercel since I couldnt turn down the 440's enough with an SAFC.

I never used a resistor box... I was told I didnt need to and it was never an issue. Why.. I dont know, but it worked... So I wouldnt worry about it.

I used the stock fuel pump. Worked fine. I had a 5G celica one I was hanging onto just in case.

Looks like the manifold should be a bolt on affair.

4AGE manifold

4AFE manifold

Weir flanges, some square pipe, and pipe elbows would probably get a manifold done on the hella cheap.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:44:45 AM by AstroVannin »

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »

i may be wrong but im pretty sure the 4afe and 4age have different exhaust patterns.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

AstroVannin

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »

From those pics they LOOK the same ... but could be deceiving

WEIR + pipe elbows = win

89shithatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »

i may be wrong but im pretty sure the 4afe and 4age have different exhaust patterns.

can someone elaborate on this??

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »

can someone elaborate on this??
i looked it up
4afe= fel pro #MS94129
4age=fel pro #MS92939

so no, not the same

*ok so i found a thread on c4ag that was saying they do fit each other but one of the outer holes has to be slotted to fit
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=37168
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:14:56 PM by t_cel_t »
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »

i have the oval style injector clips. they are denso injectors. i was told the supra 7mgte will work. just looking for other oprtions. i would not mind hacking a harness as a junkyard to install larger/different injectors just curious as to if anyone has any other information on higher flowing injectors that will get the job done.

early WRX blue injectors have the same type denso connector. need to shave the two nubs off the sides and they plug right in. they're 440cc/min, or ~750cc/min if you take the caps off, and they're also high Z so no resistor box needed. they're a little bit shorter than a normal size injector though, maybe as much as 10mm. not a problem if you can modify the fuel rail mounts to be a bit shorter. typical prices are $75-150 a set.

ST215 (gen4 3SGTE) injectors are similar to the WRX, but normal length i believe. more expensive too, unfortunately.

most of the turbo 5SFE guys run the supra green top 315 injectors, so those are a pretty safe bet.

AstroVannin

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »

most of the turbo 5SFE guys run the supra green top 315 injectors, so those are a pretty safe bet.

These are cheap and easy to find.

4th Gen Celica GT-S with the 3SGE

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »

smeg! i just ripped a set of those out and threw em on the ground at the u-pull for the fuel rail. some dirty mexican beat me to the intake manifold.
Pages: [1]   Go Up