:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: eCtune site down...  (Read 30574 times)

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
eCtune site down...
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:42:27 AM »

WTF???

Is this because of teh Haxor????

i get redirected, then broken link...
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
Re: eCtune site down...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »

i saw that also.

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:31:16 AM »

i dont think it has anything to do with the hacker, it went down for a couple days a few weeks ago.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

J. Mills

• Not a fuckin noob
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »

Sites up, but i never did get the scoop on the hacker. I just got a email stating a scammer on Honda-Tech trying to sell eCtune.

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
  • Never alone, Never again. (NA)
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 03:51:23 PM »

Sites up, but i never did get the scoop on the hacker. I just got a email stating a scammer on Honda-Tech trying to sell eCtune.

he needs to put the hacked version on torrents.. i could give a fuck less about who sells what software for whatever price. LONG LIVE FREEWARE

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:01 PM »

Youre a fucking moron.

---GFI we build FAST---

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »

That's a personal opinion based on one post I made regarding a single topic. If I'm a moron, i'd hate to see you're level of aptitude described in one word.  ;D

I've been coding software since I was a kid, and decided a long time ago software developers should not release their work unless they were ready for it to be reverse engineered and sent out freely.

Software developers earn their income based on the majority not knowing about the registration patches and such. Can you imagine how much money Adobe still makes on Photoshop, even though the software has been cracked for ages.

You wouldn't care either way if an open version of the software was released, you're just riding the bandwagon of kids who think paying for tuning software should be mandatory. No offense JD :)

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »

ectune is no where near the strengths and usage of adobe....that a TAD bit unfair of a comparison, lol
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »

Look you little pile of faggot...  In old enough to be your daddy, wise enough to pull out before your mother had a chance to call me so, and smart enough to see that you are a really really mentally challenged little fuck judging by your post(s)...

The only one swinging on nuts is you queerbait....  

Thats probably why you got the AIDS, you couldnt just stop there ,The herp wasnt enough......

You LOVE teh Cack too...

Its obvious by YOUR fucking post that YOU are indeed the one that doesnt get it.

And yes, it only took one word to put a label on it.

Its what I do

Nigger
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:49:06 PM by bigdaddyvtec »

---GFI we build FAST---

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »

N BOMB dropped hard

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

Look you little pile of faggot...  In old enough to be your daddy, wise enough to pull out before your mother had a chance to call me so, and smart enough to see that you are a really really mentally challenged little fuck judging by your post(s)...

The only one swinging on nuts is you queerbait....  

Thats probably why you got the AIDS, you couldnt just stop there ,The herp wasnt enough......

You LOVE teh Cack too...

Its obvious by YOUR fucking post that YOU are indeed the one that doesnt get it.

And yes, it only took one word to put a label on it.

Its what I do

Nigger

lol  >_<

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 06:31:22 PM »

That's a personal opinion based on one post I made regarding a single topic. If I'm a moron, i'd hate to see you're level of aptitude described in one word.  ;D

I've been coding software since I was a kid, and decided a long time ago software developers should not release their work unless they were ready for it to be reverse engineered and sent out freely.

Software developers earn their income based on the majority not knowing about the registration patches and such. Can you imagine how much money Adobe still makes on Photoshop, even though the software has been cracked for ages.

You wouldn't care either way if an open version of the software was released, you're just riding the bandwagon of kids who think paying for tuning software should be mandatory. No offense JD :)

We are not dealing with web lusers who buy software and find technical shit confusing, Marc.  We are dealing with a very small market share where the userbase is comfortable with technical shit, and therefore the number of people that use said cracked software is HUGE.  Calvin Jan Baank is the little guy, and makes just enough to pay some bills and no more (he's shopping for sub-$10K used dynos which means old worn out junk, he's not exactly rich off of eCtune).  The reason eCtune exists is because he spends EVERY DAY working on it.  As soon as it stops paying his bills then eCtune stops development... that kind of completely fucks my world up as I have a few special requests in his queue.

eCtune is the only pay-for software I use, and it will probably always be that way.  Why?  Because Calvin's one of my pgmfi.org brethren.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »

Not to mention it rivals its competion beit from any freeware offering, on up to solutions costing substantially more.... And if you think that those routes are better explored, and give even a fraction of the concern to issues their user base may come to hasve issue with...  yOU ARED MISATAKEN...

Being a "dev" as you claim to be I would assumer you get this, but judging by your earlier post, it would appear in reality you do not. Im surrounded by Constantly developing product cycle on a NUMBER of platforms every day by devs that couldnt even troubleshoot a defunct video card though... So claiming to be technically apt by mentioning you can code less than impresses me.

Forgive me.

I have yet to see HOMOdata give anywhere near as much of a fuck as ive witnessed thus far with Calvin and his crew.  As for nuit riding, no. I made a very well educated decision based on more than just others opinions....  I  put in the time and research to buy what I thought was the best solution to make reliable power with nmy car, and gert the features I want.... But most importantly, have the support when it comes time for issues to be resolvfed... THATS where the issue lies, as JD outlined above, if people start getting something for nothing, the LITTLE guy loses interest, and doesnt put near the effort into a product as after a certain point it HAS to be about more than the "LOVE".

---GFI we build FAST---

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »

We are not dealing with web lusers who buy software and find technical shit confusing, Marc.  We are dealing with a very small market share where the userbase is comfortable with technical shit, and therefore the number of people that use said cracked software is HUGE.  Calvin Jan Baank is the little guy, and makes just enough to pay some bills and no more (he's shopping for sub-$10K used dynos which means old worn out junk, he's not exactly rich off of eCtune).  The reason eCtune exists is because he spends EVERY DAY working on it.  As soon as it stops paying his bills then eCtune stops development... that kind of completely fucks my world up as I have a few special requests in his queue.

eCtune is the only pay-for software I use, and it will probably always be that way.  Why?  Because Calvin's one of my pgmfi.org brethren.

You make good points, and I respect them entirely as always. My perspective is based on my budget and what I think eCtune is actually worth. I've always been a fan of opensource freeware, such as linux, and personally I believe a good price for the software would be in the sub $150 range.

Honestly, I think if Calvin took a different approach, he would be more successful. Think about it this way; if he charges $75 for the initial copy for a 1 year membership, and grabs the entire obd1 honda scene, and puts all that into development for a cheap solution to K-series.. he would be making some serious dough.

I LOVE the screen shots eCtune shows off, but if I can get my AFR dialed in with CROME and freelog, at no cost, then why pay $200 for eCtune to do the same with a few more bells and whistles?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 07:19:05 PM »

You make good points, and I respect them entirely as always. My perspective is based on my budget and what I think eCtune is actually worth. I've always been a fan of opensource freeware, such as linux, and personally I believe a good price for the software would be in the sub $150 range.

Honestly, I think if Calvin took a different approach, he would be more successful. Think about it this way; if he charges $75 for the initial copy for a 1 year membership, and grabs the entire obd1 honda scene, and puts all that into development for a cheap solution to K-series.. he would be making some serious dough.

I LOVE the screen shots eCtune shows off, but if I can get my AFR dialed in with CROME and freelog, at no cost, then why pay $200 for eCtune to do the same with a few more bells and whistles?

Try bouncing your turbo D16 off the revlimiter a few times with Crome.  Watch the sides of your piston dissolve into molten aluminum powder.

Try tuning an ITB car with Crome, then eCtune.  HAHAHAHAHHAAHAAA

Try street tuning a different turbo on a 475-->550 whp racecar because you are so strapped for time before a competitive event that you can't go to the dyno.  Try to do it in four pulls on the motorcycle return path at the track before the track owner bitches with a cruddy software that logs significanty less than 40 frames /second of data.  Then spray a 100 shot on top of it with confidence.

I've given Calvin a LOT more than $150.  It's worth it.

SwellRacing

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »

Hello just wanted to say i download this exactly from ectune.com. I dont know shit about softwares. It just so happen it was the Tuner Version. Its 100 Percent functional. Hacker is not even in my vocabulary. ScreenShot to Prove http://www.dropshots.com/swellracing#date/2009-03-14/00:45:34

Calvin emailed everybody to warn them. I dont see what to be warn about? There is no altering/Copyrighting involve. Today i talked to Mr. Skinner at Amicus Attorney in Canada and he told me if I freely download it from Ectune with no alteration with any of the files that I cannot be held responsible for anything. Its a screw up on Ectune sever.

If anybody wants to convert there .cal file to .bin file to burn chips for a small fee let me know? SwellRacing@gmail.com

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »

youve got balls.

---GFI we build FAST---

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 10:23:26 PM »

And a hole in his head.

bigwig

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »

This thread sucks and Joseph Davis is a hypocrite.

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »

Calvin won't let me have a dealer version of ectune so this guys offer is somewhat tempting to my weaker side.
But stealing something and using it for profit isn't something I could look myself in the mirror everyday from. I really couldn't stomach giving a thief money either.

I tune a lot of cars now and I consider myself a serious tuner I just spent 4 hours tuning an lsvtec with typer cams that a so called proffesional tuner had practically murdered on a dyno now it runs perfect.  I'd rather not tune another car then steal somebodys work like this.
  Ban this guy find his house and kick his ass. then burn all his computers.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 11:36:45 PM »

Calvin emailed everybody to warn them. I dont see what to be warn about? There is no altering/Copyrighting involve. Today i talked to Mr. Skinner at Amicus Attorney in Canada and he told me if I freely download it from Ectune with no alteration with any of the files that I cannot be held responsible for anything.
except for the fact that you were trying to SELL it. no copyright my ass...
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

bigwig

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 11:40:13 PM »

Calvin won't let me have a dealer version of ectune so this guys offer is somewhat tempting to my weaker side.
But stealing something and using it for profit isn't something I could look myself in the mirror everyday from. I really couldn't stomach giving a thief money either.

I tune a lot of cars now and I consider myself a serious tuner I just spent 4 hours tuning an lsvtec with typer cams that a so called proffesional tuner had practically murdered on a dyno now it runs perfect.  I'd rather not tune another car then steal somebodys work like this.

So you won't use ECTune because Calvin stole other people's work to compile ECTune?

Again, you are all hypocrites if you think Calvin is an angel.  I know Dave B. gave his blessing on all of these softwares, but he is pretty open that he wishes it was all open source software.  At least that was his stance a couple of years ago.  Do I think Calvin is wrong?  No.  Do I think he is 100% free and clear?  Nope.  In the end, he did exactly what John Cui did so people wouldn't get super pissed off.  He gave all PGMFI mods and tech guys free software and since they didn't have to pay and the software works, they don't have a reason to bitch.  It's no different than anything else in the world.  Pay off the right people and you get positive results...

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »

So you won't use ECTune because Calvin stole other people's work to compile ECTune?

Again, you are all hypocrites if you think Calvin is an angel.  I know Dave B. gave his blessing on all of these softwares, but he is pretty open that he wishes it was all open source software.  At least that was his stance a couple of years ago.  Do I think Calvin is wrong?  No.  Do I think he is 100% free and clear?  Nope.  In the end, he did exactly what John Cui did so people wouldn't get super pissed off.  He gave all PGMFI mods and tech guys free software and since they didn't have to pay and the software works, they don't have a reason to bitch.  It's no different than anything else in the world.  Pay off the right people and you get positive results...

Dave Blundell lives 5 miles from me Ive been with him when Calvin has called him, there friends. I don't think Dave would approve of his friends work being stolen.

Calvin has put so much work into ectune that I don't think pgmfi people contributed enough to claim ownership.  Hey as far as ectune goes I'm on the outside looking in for some reason. But I still wouldn't use pirated software sorry. Justify it how you want to.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 01:31:07 AM »

Its amazing how this guy managed to make it here pushing ectune, 

its another crock of shit that hes using my name to try to sell it, :(

would someone please delete this thread.................
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:38:51 AM by sewell94 »
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 03:45:52 AM »

Youre a fucking moron.

Is there anything else really needed to be said?
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 04:35:47 AM »

someone need some cheese with all this whining?
OG before the OG'#039#039s

BoostForLife

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 04:42:25 AM »

Who the fuck are YOU?
You need an intro post and stop talkin retarted shit.
These 5 posts are not the best way to start off.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 04:45:26 AM »

Who the fuck are YOU?

Shut your whore mouth and respect your elders.

BoostForLife

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 04:48:31 AM »

Who the fuck are YOU?

At least stop post whoring and copy pasting your replies in different threads.
Fucking moron.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 04:52:12 AM »

Who the fuck are YOU?

At least stop post whoring and copy pasting your replies in different threads.
Fucking moron.

Your mom is a moron????? Guess I'm a fucking moron then.

King Post Whore here........
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up