:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: oh boy.... MOST POWAR EVERZ  (Read 105898 times)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: oh boy.... MOST POWAR EVERZ
« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »

It's also a recreational impossibility.  I can see making a large (100-125 whp) increase in knock limit over popularly "understood" limits by increasing head flow and raising the point at which the engine makes and carries torque efficiently, but you're not hitting 700whp (in anything that traps like 700whp) with unleaded gasoline as your primary fuel.  Here are my points:

- Stock injectors for gasoline and big secondaries for methanol, ok, but conventional water/meth results in a 15% increase in knock limit.  On a conventional gasoline D16 with water/diluent injection, non injected 325 whp --> water/meth injected 375 whp for a stock cam/port car.  You can even break 400 by a bit if you aren't alarmed by the engine's timing requirement dropping off like a stone because it's at the edge of knock and the gasoline is volatile.  Add in some big port/valve mojo and a good cam and I can see brushing against 500-550 and it might even brush 500 on a heartbreaker Mustang dyno with corrections not applied. 

- Dynamic compression ratio is an interesting thing, but the static rating of 9:1 is still a primary factor.  You have to have a combustion chamber big enough to support the fuel/air mass that is burning inside of it and 9:1 on a small bore motor is pretty limiting.  Period.  End of story.  Argue with Ricardo or Vizard or God Almighty.

Anyway, I can appreciate your point on everything else, James, and thank you for tossing it in.  I'm glad that a lot of the 1.2's are working correctly for you and therefore others, but I know that there is a problem with them/some of them whether it's caused by an error in Bisi's design, an error at Web during grinding, etc. 

JD, thanks for the education on water-meth injection. I personally have no experience with it. Your arguement here seems logical against straight pump gas. But based on my comments above regarding the use of unleaded fuel and the other options that includes, do you think it's feasable on say the Torco 108 unleaded?

Torco 110 + water injection on a 84.5mm B18C with cams, GT4094R, and a bunch of other fancy crap.  Made 410 whp at 11.5 psi, ran into a wall in the mid-600's.  All over the place from pull to pull at the same boost level, 630-670 whp.  Plugs looked hot.  Got on the phone, talked to some people.  Sewell put me in touch with a DSM guy big on water injection - apparently it all goes down the first and last runner and totally bypasses the center two cyls, most of the big power water injected Mitsufeces have about 5 degrees yanked from the center two cylinders.  I take this under advisement, and at -2.25 and -2.75 for cyls 2 and 3 respectively and at the same boost level the vehicle makes consistent 690s, and was able to get 740 with the injectors maxing out the last 500 rpms and AFRs going into the 13's.

Good luck getting a small bore D16 that has to run significantly larger cylinder pressures to make "the same" power as B-series to not hit knock limit before the B-series does.  This is part of why I have doubts, although you make a very very good point that people are confusing "unleaded fuel" with pump gas.  I fucking love vague statements like that, everyone who thinks inside the box seperates from everyone who doesn't.

All of which is beside the point... Torco's out of business, where are you getting their 108?  :P

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
  • I'm like Batman and Shit
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2009, 07:31:49 PM »

The fact that everyone that came to defend bisi could not make an intelligent post let alone an intelligent post about why his turbo cams seem to blow proves that they have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe his stage 3.whatever make power on speedfactorys setup (congrats on making killer power on vitara's btw) but what about the rest? I have heard "many people are happy" but they haven't really posted. I here more neg. than pos. and that says alot. Defend your cams and prove me wrong please. I really want to believe that a guy this good with N/A would be able to be close to as good with boost but up till now I've seen nothing. Also everybody that's saying this is an awesome build, why? because he used lots of high end parts and a pretty manifold? woop dee doo. The proof is in the pudding let's see some numbers, some flow rates for the head, anything that proves that the money sunk into this project is worth it and is going to make anymore power at the wheels than speed factory. I know they where on race gas and he's on "unleaded" but still for the cost of this build he better come damn close if not beat it. Sorry I'm ranting but this whole "sweet build" is BS it just looks pretty I haven't seen anything too original or sweet about it.
FUCK HT
Why would I not be surprised if your pink slip included "quotquotthen Mr Davis overturned the table while shouting, HOWS THAT FOR FLUID MECHANICS?!"quotquot?

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2009, 09:15:12 PM »

Sewell put me in touch with a DSM guy big on water injection - apparently it all goes down the first and last runner and totally bypasses the center two cyls, most of the big power water injected Mitsufeces have about 5 degrees yanked from the center two cylinders. 

Direct port or not?
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2009, 10:18:10 PM »

does anyone actually do direct port meth injection? that gets my wheels turning
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

SgtB

« Reply #334 on: November 18, 2009, 10:23:53 PM »

I've seen auxiliary rails squirting at an angle into the velocity stack before.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »

Sewell put me in touch with a DSM guy big on water injection - apparently it all goes down the first and last runner and totally bypasses the center two cyls, most of the big power water injected Mitsufeces have about 5 degrees yanked from the center two cylinders. 

Direct port or not?

:mexi:

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »

BEZT POST EVERZ :?:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #337 on: November 19, 2009, 12:56:19 AM »

Where has 'Bisi stated he'll be using pump gas on this build????

All I've read is that unleaded Spec fuel was used for the Castrol competition, but which fuel was gonna be used for this build is NOT mentioned.

If 'Bisi posted somewhere that he'd be using unleaded fuel, or pump gas for the 700 hp, please post a link.

OG before the OG'#039#039s

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #338 on: November 19, 2009, 01:00:18 AM »

Out of curiosity what do you consider pump gas Mr bone?
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #339 on: November 19, 2009, 01:13:40 AM »

It's also a recreational impossibility.  I can see making a large (100-125 whp) increase in knock limit over popularly "understood" limits by increasing head flow and raising the point at which the engine makes and carries torque efficiently, but you're not hitting 700whp (in anything that traps like 700whp) with unleaded gasoline as your primary fuel.  Here are my points:

- Stock injectors for gasoline and big secondaries for methanol, ok, but conventional water/meth results in a 15% increase in knock limit.  On a conventional gasoline D16 with water/diluent injection, non injected 325 whp --> water/meth injected 375 whp for a stock cam/port car.  You can even break 400 by a bit if you aren't alarmed by the engine's timing requirement dropping off like a stone because it's at the edge of knock and the gasoline is volatile.  Add in some big port/valve mojo and a good cam and I can see brushing against 500-550 and it might even brush 500 on a heartbreaker Mustang dyno with corrections not applied. 

- Dynamic compression ratio is an interesting thing, but the static rating of 9:1 is still a primary factor.  You have to have a combustion chamber big enough to support the fuel/air mass that is burning inside of it and 9:1 on a small bore motor is pretty limiting.  Period.  End of story.  Argue with Ricardo or Vizard or God Almighty.

Anyway, I can appreciate your point on everything else, James, and thank you for tossing it in.  I'm glad that a lot of the 1.2's are working correctly for you and therefore others, but I know that there is a problem with them/some of them whether it's caused by an error in Bisi's design, an error at Web during grinding, etc. 

JD, thanks for the education on water-meth injection. I personally have no experience with it. Your arguement here seems logical against straight pump gas. But based on my comments above regarding the use of unleaded fuel and the other options that includes, do you think it's feasable on say the Torco 108 unleaded?

Torco 110 + water injection on a 84.5mm B18C with cams, GT4094R, and a bunch of other fancy crap.  Made 410 whp at 11.5 psi, ran into a wall in the mid-600's.  All over the place from pull to pull at the same boost level, 630-670 whp.  Plugs looked hot.  Got on the phone, talked to some people.  Sewell put me in touch with a DSM guy big on water injection - apparently it all goes down the first and last runner and totally bypasses the center two cyls, most of the big power water injected Mitsufeces have about 5 degrees yanked from the center two cylinders.  I take this under advisement, and at -2.25 and -2.75 for cyls 2 and 3 respectively and at the same boost level the vehicle makes consistent 690s, and was able to get 740 with the injectors maxing out the last 500 rpms and AFRs going into the 13's.

Good luck getting a small bore D16 that has to run significantly larger cylinder pressures to make "the same" power as B-series to not hit knock limit before the B-series does.  This is part of why I have doubts, although you make a very very good point that people are confusing "unleaded fuel" with pump gas.  I fucking love vague statements like that, everyone who thinks inside the box seperates from everyone who doesn't.

All of which is beside the point... Torco's out of business, where are you getting their 108?  :P
Today I learned something.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #340 on: November 19, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »

he was even given a pretty good chance to fail at baldness in the form of rogaine and still managed to knock it out of the park.

I'm glad someone remembered this, i got henried by JD.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #341 on: November 19, 2009, 01:21:10 AM »

Eh, that shit's chemical as hell.  I'd rather have my health.

What did you expect the shit to be? Coco butter??
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #342 on: November 19, 2009, 01:24:52 AM »

does anyone actually do direct port meth injection? that gets my wheels turning

check the thread on water/meth injection in engine management

JFK78

« Reply #343 on: November 19, 2009, 02:45:06 AM »

Great info. So we assume that the IM's on Hondas disperse the water-meth laden charge in nearly the same fashion as the Mitsubishi's do, but perhaps to a slightly lesser degree based on your experience? What IM was on that setup?

Regarding the Torco, I'm not, just guessing that 'Bisi might use that fuel due to his relationship with Torco. I haven't heard that they are out of business - is this true? 

SDRAWKCAB

• D series BALLA!
  • Certified OG
  • Rhino
« Reply #344 on: November 19, 2009, 02:50:50 AM »

I pooped today and Im probably going to tomorrow.
I have sex like a winning race car.
I always finish first and have left many disappointed.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #345 on: November 19, 2009, 04:05:48 AM »

Great info. So we assume that the IM's on Hondas disperse the water-meth laden charge in nearly the same fashion as the Mitsubishi's do, but perhaps to a slightly lesser degree based on your experience? What IM was on that setup?

Regarding the Torco, I'm not, just guessing that 'Bisi might use that fuel due to his relationship with Torco. I haven't heard that they are out of business - is this true? 

Torco Oil, Rockett Fuels, I won't go into that discussion.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #346 on: November 19, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »

Assume nothing.  Spraying water from a single nozzle results in water droplets doing two things.  First, the ones that immediately drop out of suspension with the air run alone the charge pipe and through the throttle body and enter the first runner.  Second, the other still airborne droplets, possessing more mass and therefore more inertia, enter the IM and are thrown against the far wall of the manifold where they go down the last runner.

DSMs run single digit timing numbers at mundane power numbers, great engine and tough as nails but simply more detonation prone.  The difference in timing has nothing to do with a difference in water distribution - which while not identical between two engines can be assumed to be close enough to be ASSumed so; it all goes down 1 and 4 - the difference in timing is simply because DSMs like less timing.

Interesting.  Their site is still up and they have new products for Nov 1st, 2009, but they were having issues a year ago.  Google "Torco bankruptcy" if you're interested.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #347 on: November 19, 2009, 09:28:33 AM »

All I've read is that unleaded Spec fuel was used for the Castrol competition, but which fuel was gonna be used for this build is NOT mentioned.

If 'Bisi posted somewhere that he'd be using unleaded fuel, or pump gas for the 700 hp, please post a link.

i was duped, like everyone else. i assumed. i need to stop doing that. i cant find Bisi saying "pump gas" anywhere. only "unleaded fuel"

Quote from: Bisimoto
In the spirit of the build, we plan on running unleaded petrol/fuel.
H-T link to quote
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #348 on: November 19, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »

i was duped, like everyone else. i assumed. i need to stop doing that. i cant find Bisi saying "pump gas" anywhere. only "unleaded fuel"

H-T link to quote

Hmm. Thats funny, perhaps there is an edited/deleted post, as I specifically recall reading 91oct+meth or Torco 108? And I dont see that now...Maybe I suck at reading.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #349 on: November 19, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »

I searched too. No where did I find he directly said pump gas. That was just all his nut swingers saying that. But he in no way cleared it up. That is how he misleads us. He never makes things completely clear.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2009, 10:56:44 AM »

Hmm. Thats funny, perhaps there is an edited/deleted post, as I specifically recall reading 91oct+meth or Torco 108? And I dont see that now...Maybe I suck at reading.

im glad im not the only one that remembers reading that. i thought for sure it was in the original H-T post. i know i read 91 octane in one of his posts
obd1>gtgtall

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »

H-T link to quote

With tha quote he was COMPLETELY iincinuating pump gas.  In other posts too...  I also saw somewhere it was directly referenced.  How in the hell is 101 a readily available fuel that is an everyday solution... LET ALONE in that state???  Nigga please

Whatever... JUst molre smoke and mirrors.

After talking to Ross, we were also summizing hit sounds like he meant BHP...  630 would be  about all that was neeeded to get a 700 BHP pull (At a sparce 10 percent drivetrain loss, obviously a tad less with a bit of a more innefficient drivetrain).... And on fuckiing 101 with meth???? SHIIIIIT. If it DIDNT make it, that would be a bigger let down than danz cam.

Either way... It was left vague as well PAR for the course....
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

2slow

« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »

man i remember reading pump gas both h-t and d-series.org have alot of deleted and edited posts in the thread to get rid of all the "haterz", but in bisi's defence in the super street article it says unleaded fuel
Quote from: superstreet
In typical Bisimoto fashion, this engine combo will run on unleaded gasoline

which sounds like they are saying its going to be using the same fuel as the 360hp n/a f22a (they talked about in the article) he built on PUMP gasoline.

like bigdaddyvtec said its all smoke and mirrors and trickery with words from him and his nut swingers
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:12:20 PM by 2slow »

2slow

« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »

also i suck at quoting so i dont know whats up with that quote inside a quote shit i tried to fix it but i suck

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »

i agree, there was DEFINITELY a post saying 92oct pump

shit was edited/deleted
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2009, 03:20:26 PM »

shit was edited/deleted

update my post count on d-series so i can get into the classfied section nog!
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »

shit was edited/deleted

update my post count on d-series so i can get into the classfied section nog!
lol

too easy for anyone to look at your previous posts and see that shit was fucked with

you've been a member since '07, post in some shit
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

2slow

« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »

also superstreet is fucking stupid becuase they also said in the same article that the build bisi is doing can be replicated for "relatively little money" i dont know about you all but that is not a cheap build at all i dont have 15-20k to drop on a wagovan

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2009, 03:48:57 PM »

he doesnt either. im sure AEM gave him a nice xmas present a little early this year
obd1>gtgtall

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »

H-T link to quote

With tha quote he was COMPLETELY iincinuating pump gas.  In other posts too...  I also saw somewhere it was directly referenced.  How in the hell is 101 a readily available fuel that is an everyday solution... LET ALONE in that state???  Nigga please

Whatever... JUst molre smoke and mirrors.

After talking to Ross, we were also summizing hit sounds like he meant BHP...  630 would be  about all that was neeeded to get a 700 BHP pull (At a sparce 10 percent drivetrain loss, obviously a tad less with a bit of a more innefficient drivetrain).... And on fuckiing 101 with meth???? SHIIIIIT. If it DIDNT make it, that would be a bigger let down than danz cam.

Either way... It was left vague as well PAR for the course....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=252430&d=1197319229

15% driveline loss, but I've never tested on a DynaPak.

Vague, you mean you have to READ rather than assume?

Great teachers make you think by not spoon feeding you all the details.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Up