:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbor Freight tool box deal  (Read 1726 times)

sloTeg

Harbor Freight tool box deal
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:16:22 PM »

$87.57 for a 41" 11 drawer box, buddy at work just bought one and its way better than any Crapsmen box i have seen. Cost him $75 shipped freight to southeastern Wisconsin, but still a hell of a deal
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=98820

sloTeg

Re: Harbor Freight tool box deal
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »

a little adhesive remover did quick work of the decal on his

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 02:05:46 PM »

ive noticed on most harbor freight stuff they just put cheap ass stickers that peel off nicely
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

junkyard racer

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 03:08:28 PM »

I paid $25 more than that for my snap-on box that will shit 10x's on that HF pile of shit. -and its 10 years old.

harbor freight is good for the shit you use once every 6 months. After that box is loaded with tools and the drawers are opened a good 100 times, let us know how it holds up.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 03:15:41 PM »

I paid $25 more than that for my snap-on box that will shit 10x's on that HF pile of shit. -and its 10 years old.

harbor freight is good for the shit you use once every 6 months. After that box is loaded with tools and the drawers are opened a good 100 times, let us know how it holds up.

Where in the fuck did you buy a Snap-On box for $112.57?

junkyard racer

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

Well, it was $110 and it was purchased at a swap meet, like 90% of my other tools.

I bought it...looking like crap. Took about 6 beers and some cleaner to bring it to looking great. .

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »

Well, it was $110 and it was purchased at a swap meet, like 90% of my other tools.

I bought it...looking like crap. Took about 6 beers and some cleaner to bring it to looking great. .

That is a rare deal sir.  Unless it is a very old unit.

tractor supply has bangin toolboxes for the price, better than craftsman, but not as smooth as 100lbs of tools in a snapon/mac box, but definitely a good quality box.  been using one for ~4 years now with no issues at all

I might have to check those out.  I would like a box for the house, and I pretty much refuse to spend money on a janky ass Craftsman box.  We have a few from almost a decade ago.  They are pretty decent, but there is much better out there.

gf's dad got one from Costco like 3 years ago on the cheap and that thing is baller.  All steel construction, smooth as silk bearings, aluminum handles.  It gets dirty fast, but that toolbox is epic.

I was pretty impressed with the stainless boxes that Sam's Club used to carry.  They were a bit pricey for the average Joe, but damn well worth the money.  Those fuckers were stout and damn good looking.

junkyard racer

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:44:40 PM »

if you have money, you can find deals like that all the time. I realize I got mine uber cheap, but if you had $200 and waited for the right deal, chances are you could find one. Recession = people will do anything for anything. CL is your friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up