:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who'd be interested in real cheap EBC? (now w/Video!)  (Read 14669 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Who'd be interested in real cheap EBC? (now w/Video!)
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:23:03 AM »

Edit (click into new window if it says its removed):

PWM e-MBC boost controller

To make yourself, obviously, and its more like an electronic MBC to be specific. I figure under $55 in parts, or under $25 if you're cheap.

I saw the $99 ebc deal on ebay, and wondered if it was a gimic. Something like that would be awsome for tuning different boost columns if you don't have a regular EBC. Then it hit me - eCtune has a fixed-duty cycle feature for the EBC which works well, so all you need is a steady PWM power source & solenoid valve. Recently I've been looking at a cheap PWM circuit, maybe $10 in parts, along with a $25-50 MAC valve (c0mplex said he can get them for $15 :?: ). You could increase or decrease boost from inside the car, on the fly, with the turn of a knob.

All this thing would do is send a little or a lot of boost into the top of your WG, like a normal EBC does. It won't correct for boost creep or boost taper, but big deal right? All I need to build & test this thing is a certain schottky diode x2, which Radioshlut doesn't sell. They're 1N5818's (steering diodes), so unless anyone here has two, I'll have to put together a digikey order soon.

Who'd be interested in seeing this? I know its 4x the price of a cheap MBC, but this would change boost at the turn of a knob! No wrenching on a cheap MBC on the side of the road, no screwing with a scramble boost feature, and no messing with the cheap ebay in-car mbc's that don't work. Combine this with my DIY MAP Upgrade write-up, and you could rock 20psi at any time you want, while doing like 8psi for normal driving.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:31:35 PM by HiProfile »
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Atticus

Turbo hondas are like crack, you can say no for a little while but one day your gonna have to hit up Tyrone on the corner for a t3/t4.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: Who'd be interested in real cheap EBC?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:05:04 AM »

Oh snap, exactly! I think I'll deffinately go through with this, anything to cut into that guy's sales.

I'll probably go through his site and replicate everything I can cheaper and/or better.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

Atticus

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 02:09:45 AM »

dude the same thing for 1/2 the price would sell it self

Turbo hondas are like crack, you can say no for a little while but one day your gonna have to hit up Tyrone on the corner for a t3/t4.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 02:19:30 AM »

Well I already have a small handful of the MAC 35 & 36 series valves, I'm sure they'll work. Any company worth it's salt posts the CV value, and .17-.3 apparently works for most cars.

The problem with getting $50 for this would require more work and no extra profit based on what I sell my valves alone on fleabay. But I can still undercut that fag by a decent margin. I think I'll be making my big digikey order tomorrow, including thermistors for my future DIY Intercooler Efficiency write-up. :yes:

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 03:50:46 AM »

the guy that originally made them. guess xeno gets them from him

http://ee-enhanced.com/
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

fastspec2

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:57:06 AM »

I'd be really into it, especilly if I could realay a second stage into with another nob, that way you could run the hi-boost off of  hobs switch for the methenol nozzle and it would be self contained, and not give you hi boost without meth pressure.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 08:24:02 AM »

where do get these for cheap.

or similar for cheap.

Thanks to you I now know how to get a 4 bar map sensor installed in a stock map housing done and save a bundle.

Keep this up please. ;D

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

The boost solenoid you can get from any MAC supplier, but it takes 4-5 weeks since they rarely stock the right one. The pump IDK, I would stick to Walbros, and ONLY from a big-name reseller like Lightning Motorsports (free shipping with the H-T code). Too many cheap chinese copies floating around now.

To get pre-set boost levels, you'd use fixed resistors and a switch instead of the potentiometer it calls for. The pot is just there for adjustability. I think I'll have the parts next week, and hopefully my boosted ride all set to go by then too. I just need to sell my other car first. These nogs on craigslist keep emailing me about it w/o reading the description, offering half what I want, stupid fucks. >:(

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »

I use to have Mac supply bookmarked but I lost it when I switched computers.

What is Mac supply website addy? ;D

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »

id definitely be interested. i use a Greddy Profec right now, but am setting up a 2 way valve with an mbc to try out. only thing is that its not adjustable inside the car. i would definitely be interested in trying one of yours
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »

Well good news guys, it works! I'll probably be testing it on a car thrusday, and if all goes well, I'll be ordering parts for it. ATM its just rigged with substituted parts, but even with my scrap parts, it seems to work great. I get about 1/2 turn of the knob to go from 0-100% duty cycle. The good parts will probably increase that. The best part is it's $10 in parts! (plus boost solenoid)

I took this vid with my $19 camcorder. The 3rd turn was done slow, and you can kinda hear the change in sound. It sounds just like eCtune's EBC when you use a fixed duty cycle. I used a surplus solenoid valve I got on ebay for $15 a while back, just in case the sub'd parts I used caused a fire. ;D

PWM e-MBC boost controller

Turpro

Re: Who'd be interested in real cheap EBC? (now w/Video!)
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »

I may be interested in 1
Pages: [1]   Go Up