:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 350z  (Read 5185 times)

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
350z
« on: March 20, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »

ok so im looking at one, needs some work on it, all cosmetic. anything i should look out for or should i avoid it. bro has a g35 and its pretty much the same car. he hasnt had any issues with it. its an 05, its stick, its black and salvaged. :-\ price is pretty good though.
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
Re: 350z
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »

how good is "good"? and how fucked up is it?

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »

ok so im looking at one, needs some work on it, all cosmetic. anything i should look out for or should i avoid it. bro has a g35 and its pretty much the same car. he hasnt had any issues with it. its an 05, its stick, its black and salvaged. :-\ price is pretty good though.
What part is fucked up?
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:18:29 PM »

front bumper and passenger fender need to be replaced most likely, possibly fixable but im sure not worth it. then theres this:

shits kinda busted, lol.

and they want 6k....
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:20:29 PM »

If the miles are reasonable and the body is good, I say go for it

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »

30k miles, bodys clean except for bumper and fender. and then theres the lower arm, brake shit and so on...

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 10:23:53 PM »

front bumper and passenger fender need to be replaced most likely, possibly fixable but im sure not worth it. then theres this:

shits kinda busted, lol.

and they want 6k....

Thats it as far as mechanical? Does it start up? Check the oil, look under at the oil pan, make sure theres no leaks. Check the tranny fluid. You say it needs a new front bumper, how does it look under the cover?
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »

and fender  :?:

thats the front. the reinforcement bar is untouched. just the bumper looks fugged up. no leaks from what i could tell. the ones in the pics look way old, no signs from leakage on the car itself. ill check all fluids when i go see it again. so yeah, only thats the mechanical prob.

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 10:45:14 PM »

i been reading around, some people have oil consumption issues. but then again some people drive like idiots? seems its an issue with manual trannys. so it has to do with the way a person abuses the damn thing right?

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 10:45:47 PM »

Hopefully that isnt antifreeze

-BUK

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »

ehhhhhh..uhhhh.. I dunno bout that one there.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 10:47:20 PM »

I would be sure theres no leaks. Take a tester with you, and if theres a leak you will definately know. But 6k is a pretty damn good price. I would just hate for you to get it, and the motor is blown.

-BUK

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 10:48:54 PM »

Hopefully that isnt antifreeze

you can see same stains near the rear tire in that pic. its a big yard. its not a dealership, so cars come and go. kinda like a salvage yard.

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »

I would be sure theres no leaks. Take a tester with you, and if theres a leak you will definately know. But 6k is a pretty damn good price. I would just hate for you to get it, and the motor is blown.

guy said hell guarantee it runs. yeah i wanna make sure everything is fine. only thing i have is a compression tester. that should be good enough yes?

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 10:51:47 PM »

guy said hell guarantee it runs. yeah i wanna make sure everything is fine. only thing i have is a compression tester. that should be good enough yes?

Yeah do a compression test. I guess its not a big deal if the radiator is shot (well it is but not like a blown engine). Make sure the fucker puts that it will run on paper.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:58:36 PM by glustic »

-BUK

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 10:57:21 PM »

Vk57 swap FTW, 570z  :evil:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 10:59:09 PM »

looked shit up, average is 185 for the compression test, minimum is at 142. and a cold engine seems to do ~160.

will check tomorrow and make sure to get shit down in writing.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 11:00:17 PM »

looked shit up, average is 185 for the compression test, minimum is at 142. and a cold engine seems to do ~160.

will check tomorrow and make sure to get shit down in writing.

Awesome man. Keep us updated, thats gonna be a sick ass deal. Im gonna look up a new bumper + fender for you right now

-BUK

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »

I found a black fender with minimal dents for $115
Nissan Unlimited USA-TX(Houston) Request_Quote 832-467-4400 / 281-904-4295
Stock# 090105

================================================
Bumper cover says in good shape is black as well $120
NW Bumper Co. USA-OR(Portland) E-mail 1-866-738-0037

So $235 not including shipping... not bad at all. Im sure you wouldn't have to repaint either the fender or the bumper cover

-BUK

Super Dipper

• Boost, Boobs, Beers
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »

i tell most to stay away from the 05-06 cars b/c of the oil comsumption problems, thats partly the reason i bought a 04, but if it doesnt burn any oil and the rest of the car checks out, go for it.
Formly Quadtech...

Team 4 MotorSports
Island Speed Lab...+1 Speed is our business 03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged 6psi 97 sunfire GT - Turbo K20a...acquring parts 88 crx - turbo AWD track slut 88 crx turbo lsvtec - RIP

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 11:43:16 PM »

One of my acquaintances bought a G35 for $7900, delivered, off eBay recently.   You can do better than $5K.  No one's buying that thing, tell them if they want out from under it "in this economy" to make the price reasonable.

You're regional to me, aren't you?  Because Robb is fairly certain that 350Z belonged to a dude we know, who drove it off a hill.  If it's the same car... it's been sitting around for about a year now, maybe more.

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 11:45:15 PM »

im in CA joey.

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 12:37:55 AM »

so i was talking to my pops about it. kept going on about how its a risk, since the car isnt driveable. mentioned all kinds of things could be wrong, mechanically and the car possibly having frame damage, buddy of mine also mentioned it. :-\

bah, pops said i should get something in good condition. not something i have to fix and throw money at. probably because the tegs been sitting there for a while. meh. i dunno. he makes sense, but the car is a decent deal.

argh. im gonna go check it out, check over things, look at every damn thing, and go for possibly a lower price if not. oh well.

Tre West

• Solid Gold Studio Assassin
  • Certified OG
  • Ready to pop, to tha dawn..Eternally it's on.
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 03:10:02 AM »

I had an 04 G35 and it was tighter than loc tite culo. If if runs and the price is right, make it a shuttle. I wished I still had my G, I would tear that thing apart and make it look like the Batmobile.
I love to make sub-waffles out of sub-woofers, and I love to blow tweets too, wether horn or dome....... My beats will blow out any woofer and melt a horn tweeter.

Tre West

• Solid Gold Studio Assassin
  • Certified OG
  • Ready to pop, to tha dawn..Eternally it's on.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 03:14:36 AM »

I had an 04 G35 and it was tighter than loc tite culo. If if runs and the price is right, make it a shuttle. I wished I still had my G, I would tear that thing apart and make it look like the Batmobile.

I might even dress as Batman for the next RHMT meeting and try to save someones life. If that opportunities not there, I'll at least save Hot Rex and JD from there ongoing battle with herpes with a full bottle of Valtrex I have in the glove box for when Tre "Batman" West finds hot little skanks that have a little corn kernel on there lips.
I love to make sub-waffles out of sub-woofers, and I love to blow tweets too, wether horn or dome....... My beats will blow out any woofer and melt a horn tweeter.

losesomethinbra

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »

Id feel a bit safer getting it for less, maybe 4k, so even with DIY repairs/parts hopefully it can be done for under 7k... Not bad for what it is

magik123

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 09:48:45 PM »

im not sure but on a 350z isnt there an upper and lower ball joint which are the pivot points, the strut/shock is stationary.  I havent seen binding from ball joints but im sure its possible check for play in both upper and lower with a pry bar.  Also you really shouldnt have any noticable play in the inner or outer tie rod on either side, shaking the tire from the sides lightly.  The tie rod ends can also bind up and cause stiffer steering and if you can feel play in them i would prob replace them anyway.

magik123

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »

lol wow wrong page  :-[

crx2fast

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 10:38:01 PM »

if any of that suspenion shit is tweeked just a hair its gonna drive like shit..    i would stay away, thats just me though  :-\

robus

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 12:43:22 PM »

Yeah do a compression test. I guess its not a big deal if the radiator is shot (well it is but not like a blown engine). Make sure the fucker puts that it will run on paper.
+1
Please note: This came from the home of a cigar smoker who had dogs. If you have any allergies, please don'#39#39t bid
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up