:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SSQV no more worky... 2nd time this happend...WTF?  (Read 13789 times)

El Beefo

• tongue punch my fart box
SSQV no more worky... 2nd time this happend...WTF?
« on: March 20, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »

Well Ive had my car parked for the winter and finally started it up this week to take it for a spin. I dont know WTF happened but my BOV took a dump and isnt opening anymore... getting surge like a mother. Dont have the whistler piece on the purge so i pushed in on the bov"piston" and its not siezed, took off the entire charge pipe to check for leaks and tight like tiger. I used the fucker for 2 months before parking it. This is the second time this happened. On my old setup my ssqv just stopped opening too? Could it be because its CDM junk, nope... My budy had his real HKS do the same thing after a year. Anyone else experience the same prob or have any solutions?

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
Re: SSQV no more worky... 2nd time this happend...WTF?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »

My Og"still reliabe backup" CDM SSQ had the black seal seperate from the pist deal.

I took it all apart and and then centered the plastic seal to the seat and applied some GOOP. Let it cure and as good as the day I bought it.

Just buy a Synapse BOV they kick ass :yes:

Stay away from their wastegates though  :?:

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

y7turbo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 02:41:52 AM »

get a fucking 1st gen dsm bov  :yes:  :noel:

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:49:19 PM »

THEY are a hit and miss item

Some have luck and work perfectly, I've seem them work, and then you get one like I did and no matter what spring/port combination/ or their upgraded preload spring, MINE didnt work

Sold it and it went on a DSM and it holds 17psi with no issues. I'm even still going to get a visit from Synapse this summer to try out a new concept that thy are delivering to me. Hope to have the H22 back together in time

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

turbo4life

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • trying to get a college education.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 04:07:07 AM »

dont buy gay ssq bov they not only look stupid like some ricer shit if you buy a cdm one it will bow out that pice of rubbber personal expired a friend offered me one to try out.. pos 16 pounds blew it out
ILL KEEP MY GUNS, FREEDOM &ampamp MONEY....YOU CAN KEEP THE "quotquotCHANGE"quotquot

NO BOOSTED RIDES!! dont drive a honda no mo!!!! miss that shit!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up