:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cop kills two 19yr olds with ricer fly-by  (Read 18740 times)

random-strike

• Certified OG
Re: Cop kills two 19yr olds with ricer fly-by
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:42 AM »

retarded logic.

so it'd still be the kids fault if he was going 180mph??? he should know when its safe to turn or not

Absolutely, if I drive my auto onto a set of train tracks when a train is coming, but I think I can beat it, and don't, is it the trains fault?

90+mph is NOT REASONABLE on that road.

im sure you would feel different is it was your wife or gf (or bf most likely) in this situation.

maybe one day some scumbag little tyrant will recklessly and totally unnecessarily ruin your life and they'll say its your fault, and we'll all laugh.

i can't think of one single reason a cop should be driving 90mph with lights or without, siren too. there is no reason. there could be a guy going on a rampage shooting people and he still shouldn't drive 90mph on that road. they don't do anything when they get to places anyways. there is absolutely NO reason for him to drive 90+ on that road.

if i did what he did, i'm be sitting in jail. fuck cops and their "in performance of their duties" immunities.
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2009, 01:43:02 AM »

retarded logic.

so it'd still be the kids fault if he was going 180mph??? he should know when its safe to turn or not

Absolutely, if I drive my auto onto a set of train tracks when a train is coming, but I think I can beat it, and don't, is it the trains fault?

90+mph is NOT REASONABLE on that road.

im sure you would feel different is it was your wife or gf (or bf most likely) in this situation.

maybe one day some scumbag little tyrant will recklessly and totally unnecessarily ruin your life and they'll say its your fault, and we'll all laugh.

i can't think of one single reason a cop should be driving 90mph with lights or without, siren too. there is no reason. there could be a guy going on a rampage shooting people and he still shouldn't drive 90mph on that road. they don't do anything when they get to places anyways. there is absolutely NO reason for him to drive 90+ on that road.

if i did what he did, i'm be sitting in jail. fuck cops and their "in performance of their duties" immunities.

You didn't answer my question.

My opinion would not change if it was someone I cared about, you can ask my friends, I care, but if you do something dumb, I do not feel sympathy, and yes, I have had friends die from poor decision making. I don't feel bad for them, they darwinated themselves out of society.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2009, 01:51:53 AM »

This isn't black and white. There are many factors at play and while the cop was in the wrong they are not solely responsible. The Teenage driver is also partially at fault.
92GSR - mild interest

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2009, 01:58:06 AM »

The cop shouldn't have been driving so fast on that road. If he had been traveling at a reasonable speed ,or if he was a good driver he would have seen the car slowing down in the turn lane ahead and then slowed down himself and planned to swerve left to miss the car that was obviously getting ready to turn. Just a lift of the right foot and a steady nudge of the wheel to the left he would have missed the kids in the car.

The girl driving the car shouldn't have pulled out infront of him.  People speed all the time if you can't judge the speed of an oncoming vehicle you really shouldn't be driving.
  If the girl had paid attention and waited three seconds she'd be alive right now. IMO she pulled infront of a speeding car and died she made the wrong descision no matter how you look at it. Out on the road you never know what your going to see. All of us that are good drivers encounter that same scenario regularly but we look ahead and and plan ahead then decide not pull out infront of a police cruiser thats doing 94mph.

I have a way differant perspective on the world and people then most other people the way I see it that cop made a poor descision and shouldn't have been going that fast but mainly he should have been paying attention rather then doing a ricer fly by and laughing thinking about how cool he was for passing his buddy. Hopefully he learns from it and lives a better life the two kids are already dead theirs nothing to be done for them. Maybe the dipshit in the cop car can go on and be a little smarter next time.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:02:18 AM by DmC »

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2009, 02:16:18 AM »

So sit and wait for the thing you can't even see?  What?  So the next time I'm at a light and I see a car I can beat and I go but there is someone going 94 miles an hour that comes flying out from behind them it's my fault when I get t-boned?  I had no idea it was there even though I was looking directly at it.  Yeah.. ok.. that makes sense it's no fault at all of the person driving nearly 2.5x the speed limit.
Well, I wouldn't ASSume there's nobody behind/beside the other car, especially if it's a big truck of SUV. I'm sure 99% of the time there isn't a speeding car passing the one I can see, but you never know. I know most people just assume it's safe and go, but I don't make assumptions like that when driving. I'll catch the next light or whatever. I don't do something if I don't KNOW it's safe. But I'm a very defensive driver. You might get it right guessing most of the time, but you'll never get it right 100.000000% of the time, and who's fault it is don't matter when you're dead.

Well at least someone gets it. I am hoping the reasoning behind the others ignorance is getting caught up in cop hating drama, and not the fact they are actually too stupid to understand this.

it's not a matter of cop hating drama. if the cop had been doing the speed limit, this wouldn't have happened.

this wouldn't have happened if:

a- cop would have been doing speed limit, had his lights on, been at the donut shop, etc.
b- kids would have been paying attention and driving defensively.

So while you can easily blame either party involved, either COULD have prevented it. I 100% agree the cop fucked up, and I hope they throw the book at him.

I guess my only point is the driver was not helpless, and the wreck was not inevitable.

i agree, but if blame must be placed, and i've yet to hear of an accident where both parties got off scott free, you have to point the finger at the cop going way to fast, not the driver who had plenty of room to make a turn if on comming traffic is even doing something close to the speed limit. 

Wrong, by law you are required to WAIT until it is safe to turn left across a roadway with oncoming traffic REGARDLESS of the oncoming traffics speed. Unless of course driving laws differ on the subject for the east coast vs the west coast, I doubt they do. If you can't determine if it is safe to cross or not prepared to get hit at one point in time or another, regardless of oncoming traffic speed.

That's fucking ignorant. So please do tell me when it is safe to turn? I'm pretty sure over 1000 ft away would be considered safe. So what if cars are coming down the road two miles a way I should wait because they might be doing 300mph? The plain and simple fact is that turn WOULD have been 100% safe if the dumb ass cop wasn't speeding. Now if the cop was doing the speed limit and it happened then blame would be on the other car.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »

This isn't black and white. There are many factors at play and while the cop was in the wrong they are not solely responsible. The Teenage driver is also partially at fault.

+1

It is always automatically your fault for turning into oncoming traffic regardless if the officer was going 700mph. Its still your fault. In this case perhaps; Obama is stealing Johnny's money and giving it to the welfare system to help subsidized healthcare scandals. So Obama is to blame.
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2009, 04:51:20 AM »

I'd have to do some math, but using the photo cars speed readout, the faster cop car was NOT going 94 mph.

24 mph = 35 fps difference in speed, 3-4 seconds after the killer cop passed the photo cop, didn't look like he was 105-140 feet in front during a ricer flyby.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2009, 12:15:46 PM »

There is an alarming amount of people with not only a lack of trouble shooting skills, but a serious lack depth perception, the latter being something I thought the majority of the population had. How common is it for people to lack depth perception?

trevor72

• trevwhore
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »

Fault asside, i learned ''brake and avoid'' before i was 17.  how come this cop didn't?

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »

There is an alarming amount of people with not only a lack of trouble shooting skills, but a serious lack depth perception, the latter being something I thought the majority of the population had. How common is it for people to lack depth perception?
I thought the only people without depth perception were people that were missing an eye? However people that lack proper judgement... well when I think about that I just get depressed.
92GSR - mild interest

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »

I thought the only people without depth perception were people that were missing an eye? However people that lack proper judgement... well when I think about that I just get depressed.

I thought so too, but look at how many people in this thread that have expressed how it is impossible to have depth perception, either there is a large population of one eyed hotrex types here, or an abundance of retards.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »

nope, you're right, the cop should get a speeding ticket and go back to work
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

fysh

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »

nope, you're right, the cop should get a speeding ticket and go back to work

Speeding ticket, fine for lack of sirens, get back to fucking work.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2009, 07:09:30 PM »

what punishment do you think a person who is not a cop should get for that?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2009, 09:29:27 PM »

http://www.connpost.com/ci_13807681

words cannot describe how pissed this makes me, loading up on 762 the minute i turn 21

also suspended with FUCKING PAY aka vacation after blatantly murdering two people, WTF is this world coming to?

they also "found" some pot in the car, but have yet to release the vehicles to private investigators

what a crock of shit

Those cops are lucky they don't have the same laws as Cali - they'd have crushed that other cruiser by now!

Seriously though, who gives a fuck what they found in the car. That gives them no right to A) kill them, B) let that skanky fucker off the hook just because he's a cop. What's worse than a cop killer? A BABY KILLER.

BTW I've had an issue where I was going 10 above posted speed, and some1 illegally cut across 2 lanes to get in front of me. Because I was speeding, the state law said I was at fault. The other person could have been a recent jail escapee w/o any license and just convicted of a triple homicide - and it would still have been my fauly. However, since no1 could prove my speed, I was safe. Those cops not only have video of that shit, but calibrated & certified speedo's. They're beyond fucked, and if not, I would vote not guilty if those people's parents/families decided to lynch the motherfuckers.

BTW2 Even if the kids were at fault, that does not let the cop off for killing them. They'd just be at fault for shit like wreckless driving - which does not exonerate another person from killing a human. At the very least, that's 2 cases of unintentional manslaughter. It doesn't matter if someone throws themself at the butter knife in your hand and they die, it's manslaughter.

BTW3 My inlaw is a cop, and says in Wisconsin it is illegal for them to do a PIT manuever above 45mph. It's wreckless endangerment or something. It could be Hitler himself driving the other car, and the cop would not escape punishment.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

speedjunky01

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2009, 09:57:06 PM »

he didn't get shot in the head, but yea you are right

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »

A few things I would like to add to this discussion are:

In the province I live in, Police DO NOT need to have there lights or sirens on, to be in pursuit. I can only imagine this is to allow them to be more "undercover" while in pursuit. I do not know if this is the case where this event happened.

My final point is there always has been and always will be a double standard for police vs joe public. In having them "protect" us, we afford them liberties we as general citizens do not have ourselves. Right or wrong this is the way it is.

I know that if I honestly answer Johnny's question "what punishment do you think a person who is not a cop should get for that?" The punishment in my mind is quite different.  

This is why insurance rates for people under 25 are SO much higher. It isn't so much a lack of depth perception, as it is poor driving judgment, from lack of experience. I know in the 13 years that I have had a full drivers licence, my only fender bender and the majority of my close calls were when I was 16-19 yrs old. The older I get the more cautious I become to the point I haven't even had a speeding ticket in years. I have logged nearly a million km's (all in cars and pickups), driven in 5 different countries on 3 continents. The reason I bring up my driving record is that while I have a significant amount of experience on the road, and as such I would say quite good on road judgement, put me off road or in a race car, and I fuck shit up all the time. This is mostly from a lack of seat time, and as such poor judgement.

It was poor judgement by the officer, to be travelling that rate of speed on that road, and it was poor judgement by the kid at the wheel to make the turn, when he couldn't see well, and couldn't judge the speed of the cop car well.

There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »

wrong.

its the cop's fault entirely. police have NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOU. it is NOT THEIR JOB TO PROTECT YOU.

its their job to "enforce laws". their job is to control what you do.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »

Eh.  Im inclined to agree with Johnny coolest guy ever with this one.  From my experience most cops are so blind to the thought process of others its not even funny.  Ive met exactly 2 who I wouldnt classify as "followers" and could actually think for themselves. Both are constantly at odds with their superiors. 

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »

The person driving straight down the road? A speeding ticket if they were speeding, if they weren't, than nothing. Those kids didn't stop to check to see if it was safe to cross the street, and they got hit, just happens that it was by a speeding car, big deal. If I jump out in the street as a pedestrian and get hit by a car am I supposed to blame it on the speeding vehicle, but not on the one doping the speed limit?

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2009, 10:26:09 PM »

The person driving straight down the road? A speeding ticket if they were speeding, if they weren't, than nothing. Those kids didn't stop to check to see if it was safe to cross the street, and they got hit, just happens that it was by a speeding car, big deal. If I jump out in the street as a pedestrian and get hit by a car am I supposed to blame it on the speeding vehicle, but not on the one doping the speed limit?

so if i went 100mph down the street in front of your house and you pulled out of your driveway and i rammed into you it would just be a speeding ticket.

good too know. of course you defending your jack boot masters is totally disgusting

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2009, 10:29:04 PM »

so if i went 100mph down the street in front of your house and you pulled out of your driveway and i rammed into you it would just be a speeding ticket.

good too know. of course you defending your jack boot masters is totally disgusting

I wouldn't pull out in front of you because I check to make sure no is coming before I pull into a street with oncoming traffic, its only logical.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2009, 10:30:14 PM »

wrong.

its the cop's fault entirely. police have NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOU. it is NOT THEIR JOB TO PROTECT YOU.

Let me clarify, we give them the title to "serve and protect" this is to protect society, to keep it coursing on its path, the path that was set out by the people we in a democratic society elected. (On an aside: If you don't like who is running or who was elected, run for office yourself, don't just cry about it)

Regardless of what they are protecting, we do give them certain liberties, when we put them in the position of police officer. Call me brainwashed or whatever, but I do enjoy the civilities of a well policed north america to many of the more open, but far more chaotic regions of the world.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

rsmith2786

• Certified OG
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2009, 10:30:21 PM »

Wrong, by law you are required to WAIT until it is safe to turn left across a roadway with oncoming traffic REGARDLESS of the oncoming traffics speed. Unless of course driving laws differ on the subject for the east coast vs the west coast, I doubt they do. If you can't determine if it is safe to cross or not prepared to get hit at one point in time or another, regardless of oncoming traffic speed.

Woah, i have no idea where you live but I live in bum-fuck Wisconsin.  Even here, if i had to wait until i could not see any oncoming traffic you could NEVER make a left hand turn during the day.  By the time I would wait for the car to pass another would be in sight.  That's just crazy.  What if there is a stoplight where the oncoming traffic is coming up a hill.  You'd clearly never be able to drive on that road if you planned on taking a left turn.  Yeah, every time you drive you take chances and do the best to minimize them but you can't eliminate all risk.  I'd still place the blame squarely on the cop.  His unneeded recklessness is, in my opinion, the only cause.  Maybe the roads are just different around here.

P.S. I skipped parts of this thread so i may be off-base.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2009, 10:34:48 PM »

Passenger, would you be willing to admit you were majority at fault in that situation, even if the guy was doing 150mph and drinking? :?:

Even if the guy was doing 150mph and crested the hill while you were just switching from reverse to 1st??? FYI it's a double-edged sword if you say you'd never reverse into a street - that means you'd have previously reverse in the street to move into the driveway.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »

I wouldn't pull out in front of you because I check to make sure no is coming before I pull into a street with oncoming traffic, its only logical.

at night when i was going 3x a reasonable speed?

lets be clear, i don't htink the cop should be in jail. i think the people's families should get revenge

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2009, 10:49:09 PM »

Passenger, would you be willing to admit you were majority at fault in that situation, even if the guy was doing 150mph and drinking? :?:

Even if the guy was doing 150mph and crested the hill while you were just switching from reverse to 1st??? FYI it's a double-edged sword if you say you'd never reverse into a street - that means you'd have previously reverse in the street to move into the driveway.

IF he was still in his own lane than yes, as I driver I hold no rights to be in his lane, I can't just pull into his lane and expect him to stop and wait for me, he has the right of way.

I have reversed into plenty of street, never been hit, done it on a hill once before as you described and had a bit of a close one, now I just park on the street because its safer, even if it means parking a ways down the road. I have zero interest in causing an accident.

[/quote]

at night when i was going 3x a reasonable speed?

lets be clear, i don't htink the cop should be in jail. i think the people's families should get revenge
[/quote]

I don't care if it was dark and you were doing 3X the speed and you were doing a drive by at the same time. I shouldn't be in your lane unless its safe to do so, you doing the 3x the speed limit with guns flailing is not safe.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »

wrong.

Let me clarify, we give them the title to "serve and protect" this is to protect society, to keep it coursing on its path, the path that was set out by the people we in a democratic society elected. (On an aside: If you don't like who is running or who was elected, run for office yourself, don't just cry about it)

Regardless of what they are protecting, we do give them certain liberties, when we put them in the position of police officer. Call me brainwashed or whatever, but I do enjoy the civilities of a well policed north america to many of the more open, but far more chaotic regions of the world.

we are not a democracy.

they don't need or deserve any additional liberties than the average citizen. they were never meant to.

we live in a police state. the more chaotic regions of the world have the police and govt thugs doing the chaos.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up