:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: just got a mac, wtf do i need to know?  (Read 5936 times)

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
Re: just got a mac, wtf do i need to know?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 12:34:12 AM »

Working at a customer support center for internet support really got me to hate Mac users. Out of all of the people I ever spoke to on the phone, only a handful actually had mac's and were so incredibly pompous it was ridiculous. Asking them to click "start" at the beginning of the call when I have no clue at that time what they have and getting an earful for a minute doesn't start a phone call off very well when you can't get your fuckin email. Half of these idiots, not joking here, would type "poop3.zoominternet.net" instead of "pop3"... ugh. Also, if it was obviously a problem with their computer, that's impossible. It can't be the computer, has to be the equipment, because "My Mac guy said so!". Bah.

From my limited use, they were fun to play with, but nothing I'd like to use on the daily.  I use Ubuntu and Win XP everyday.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 12:36:27 AM »

I suppose I would start a tech support call by asking what operating system they are using then, a simple "PC or Mac?" request doesn't take long.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 12:38:13 AM »

That was a new years day call, and before I could ask for address/phone number/account information i got MY EMAIL AINT WORKIN. FIX IT NOW. So being that 96% (iirc) of our customer base had Windows 95-Vista, I asked them to click start to get to their email. Also, asking someone if they have a PC or Mac didn't work well unless the people had a Mac, since most of the PC people didn't even know that they were using one.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2009, 12:39:37 AM »

Also jon, even asking "what operating system are you using?" Usually got an answer of Dell, or "what the hell is that"
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 12:40:33 AM »

Also jon, even asking "what operating system are you using?" Usually got an answer of Dell, or "what the hell is that"

That's why I said you ask "PC or mac?"

Turkey soup pancakes sir

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 12:43:18 AM »

As I said, I'd get a "whats a pc" when out of all the calls I ever had I probably had 10 mac calls at most, so a "What kind of computer are you using" usually sufficed, but not with that call
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 05:06:32 AM »

Working at a customer support center for internet support really got me to hate Mac users. Out of all of the people I ever spoke to on the phone, only a handful actually had mac's and were so incredibly pompous it was ridiculous. Asking them to click "start" at the beginning of the call when I have no clue at that time what they have and getting an earful for a minute doesn't start a phone call off very well when you can't get your fuckin email. Half of these idiots, not joking here, would type "poop3.zoominternet.net" instead of "pop3"... ugh. Also, if it was obviously a problem with their computer, that's impossible. It can't be the computer, has to be the equipment, because "My Mac guy said so!". Bah.

From my limited use, they were fun to play with, but nothing I'd like to use on the daily.  I use Ubuntu and Win XP everyday.

Sounds like an Id 10 T error...
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »

That's why I said you ask "PC or mac?"

Jon, has it occurred to you that they got the perfect guy to run tech support?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up