:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: whatever happened to highrollers justy? and best old subaru  (Read 4175 times)

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
whatever happened to highrollers justy? and best old subaru
« on: December 09, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »

so what happened to highrollers nice justy? been thinking of getting another old subaru this winter/soon. ive owned a 88 nissan 4wd sentra and a 88 subaru gl wagon 4wd.i enjoyed both wish they had a bit more power but still fun for what they were and took a thrashing. was thinking of getting another wagon(because there easy to come by). but then i seen a nice 88 justy for sale for 850 aslo see a couple brats.

right now im kinda leaning on the justy and if i like it definitly doing a turbo in the future to get the tiny motor pushing more then just 70hp. i just want to hear if anyone has some pros and cons compared to each other. or other possible canidates in the 500-1000$ range. most of the ones i find i like are around 700-850. something cheap i dont mind  thrashing on. is one 4wd system better then the next or a sturdier around car. i know the justys and brats seem a bit more weak then the wagons. so im kinda wondering if i would regret buying one over the next. also anyone know how much a justy wieghs?
rhmt for life

junkyard racer

Re: whatever happened to highrollers justy? and best old subaru
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »

885 kg

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »

I bought a used motor, put a oil pump in it and rod/main bearings. Put a set of brushes in the trans and sold it. I got it for free and sold it right away  for 4000. It cost me about 500 in parts because I was refunded to money I payed for the used engine. It still runs like a top and burns no oil  O0
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:31:18 PM »

I bought a used motor, put a oil pump in it and rod/main bearings. Put a set of brushes in the trans and sold it. I got it for free and sold it right away  for 4000. It cost me about 500 in parts because I was refunded to money I payed for the used engine. It still runs like a top and burns no oil  O0

damn 4000$? thats sweet. i remember yours looked pretty mint. were you happy how it handled and the 4wd? or did you not get a chance to properly test it before you sold it.

i found this one on craigslist for 850obo and thinking of getting it. says 5speed and runs good. not sure what miles and what else. but looks to be alright. drive it as is in the winter. and when i get time in the future  put a turbo on it and some black paint and it would be awesome. curious if anyones owned or drove both the wagon and justy and was happier overall with one. the justy is about a 2 hour drive or id just go and test drive it myself. btw where did you get and how much was the used motor?
rhmt for life

Loki

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »

I remember seeing that motor.

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »

I bought a 90 Subaru Legacy for $150 and put a used $100 motor in it. I have about 15,000 so far on the used motor without a oil change  :yes:

It was in better shape before I started driving it, but it dose pretty good at the gravel pit and has plenty of room

junkyard racer

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »

see if they will sell you that older isuzu trooper in the background. You wont be disappointed.

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

see if they will sell you that older isuzu trooper in the background. You wont be disappointed.
  lol my friend has one of the older 80's square trooper(cant remember the year) and he beats the shit out of it. he jumped a dune a few feet in the air and because his shocks were pretty much toast it cracked his windshield. besides something being wrong with his front driveshafts its  a fun rig. he could never get a driveshaft to last longer then a day or two. something with the length and perhaps something being bent. but i enjoy having a 4x4 car over a truck. i already have a piece of shit dodge dakota 4x4 with lo and hi(bought it for 200$ not running, put 200$ in it, probably sell it for 600+ once i get something).
rhmt for life

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »

picture of my old wagon. was definitly good shape.
rhmt for life

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 03:23:06 PM »

those cars suck to work on buy something 90+ :yes:

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 08:23:05 AM »

i hate the look of the legacy and loyals. besides the power output. i like the older subarus. that and the price is alot nicer on a good runner.. the legacys are only cheap if somethings majors wrong. i try not to work on cars in the winter because i dont have a shop(its been getting below 0 at night), i can work in my grandpas barn but its not heated only keeps the wind out and has concrete compaired to my gravel lol.

i pushed my friend out of the field behind my car with the subaru in the winter. was pretty funny me push his ford f150 out by  ramming it with my subaru.
rhmt for life

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »

Weak pistons, ringlands like to crack if you don't have some way of pulling timing.  7 psi off a Loyale IHI makes for a high 14 second ride.  Stock clutch holds it for a while, but damn the disc is small.

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »

Weak pistons, ringlands like to crack if you don't have some way of pulling timing.  7 psi off a Loyale IHI makes for a high 14 second ride.  Stock clutch holds it for a while, but damn the disc is small.

you talking about the justys right or just older subarus in general? was figuring shit would be weak. 6-8psi would be fucking fun. not sure how long i would be able to take the stock hp lol. id mainly just drive it in snow, off road,hunting, and camping.
rhmt for life

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 02:15:55 PM »

justys have a real shitty oiling system, the oil pump is mounted to high, spins in a aluminum housing that chews up the steel pump, the pick up screen is too coarse and they hold very little oil. Good luck finding a decent crank or front cover. The bearings also debond all the time.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »

justys have a real shitty oiling system, the oil pump is mounted to high, spins in a aluminum housing that chews up the steel pump, the pick up screen is too coarse and they hold very little oil. Good luck finding a decent crank or front cover. The bearings also debond all the time.

thanks for letting me know going to go look at it today, hour 45 min to 2 hour drive. got a 85 wagon and a legacy to check out as well.
rhmt for life

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »

ur crazy if you wold drive that far for one of those cars  :o

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 08:16:17 PM »

well my towns the biggest  around for about a hour and half drive at 18,000 people. so the majority of cars i buy are usually out of town lol. unless there pieces of shit. im always buying and selling something. ive traveled 3000miles one way to pick up a car when i was 19. sorta gives me a reason for road trip. bought both my 89 and 91 hatchbacks in oregon. 4 hr drive one way. and once to california. so whenever its just a hour or two. its not much and my friends always enjoy going. but i have went from buying nice cars to old shitty ones hahaha. ive definitly down graded over the years.
rhmt for life

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »

well my towns the biggest  around for about a hour and half drive at 18,000 people. so the majority of cars i buy are usually out of town lol. unless there pieces of shit. im always buying and selling something. ive traveled 3000miles one way to pick up a car when i was 19. sorta gives me a reason for road trip. bought both my 89 and 91 hatchbacks in oregon. 4 hr drive one way. and once to california. so whenever its just a hour or two. its not much and my friends always enjoy going. but i have went from buying nice cars to old shitty ones hahaha. ive definitly down graded over the years.

www.mautofied.com is for you.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 11:36:36 PM »

Beau told me the same thing. thinking about getting one... wanna get rid of the wagovan... want something 4wd...
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 01:30:11 AM »

Beau told me the same thing. thinking about getting one... wanna get rid of the wagovan... want something 4wd...
ill sell you mine for a fair price, hasnt been on the limiter today :o

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 02:35:20 AM »

fucker sold it right before i got there...ended up stoping by a friends that lives in spokane before i headed back. kinda gay he sold it. i usually tell them to hold on it. but i was planning on asking a little less on the price. that and the two back ups sold as well that i was going to check out. oh well ill keep looking for something to come up.

turbohf i thought you sold that wagovan...to bad yours isnt 4wd
rhmt for life

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 02:44:37 AM »

U live in close to spokane? Im heading that way tomorrow going to stay a few days in spokane and go Snowboarding in Idaho

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 02:49:21 AM »

about smack dab in between spokane and seattle. spokanes about a hour 45 min drive from me
rhmt for life

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 03:59:56 AM »

well if you see some cool guy driving a shit brown 90 legacy on the hwy tomorrow with his middle finger out the window that would be me  :yes:

salesmonkey

• Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 08:21:14 AM »

well if you see some cool guy driving a shit brown 90 legacy on the hwy tomorrow with his middle finger out the window that would be me  :yes:

lol ill be on the lookout. if i would of got the justy i would say stop by and see if we couldnt brake something. if you see any older subarus for sale over there go test drive them for me lol.
rhmt for life

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »

well if you see some coolest guy ever driving a shit brown 90 legacy on the hwy tomorrow with his middle finger out the window that would be me  :yes:

Quit biting off Johnny's style.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »

U live in close to spokane? Im heading that way tomorrow going to stay a few days in spokane and go Snowboarding in Idaho

I was just in spokane, Disney on ice  :noel:

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »

I was just in spokane, Disney on ice  :noel:
All ive seen here so far is bar sluts  :yes:
Pages: [1]   Go Up