:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Blizzard  (Read 4777 times)

ochoa

Blizzard
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »

any one else get to experience this shit? right now im snowed in by huge ass 5-8 ft drifts from the 35-45 mph gusts of wind that are blowing around the 15-17 inches of snow we have got since yesterday. Ran out of beer so last night i made the 4 mile round trip hike to the nearest gas station for beer and chew its some nast shit out there and it has yet to let up

pics are shitty and hard to tell but this one is prolly a 6-7 ft drift

SBC stuck in some snow
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:06:07 PM by ochoa »

zestyskater69

Re: Blizzard
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »

Damn i wish it was snowing like that here in oregon, where are you located...can you say snowboarding off the roof soon  ;D

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:11:44 PM »

It's rough here.

We did have about an inch of snow last weekend though.

ochoa

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »

haha damd that looks rough, pics are taken home in north central Iowa I would love to be out fucking around in it, but i'm litterally snowbound into my app in Ames about a hr and 10 mins straight south theres easly 8ft drifts out here wish i had my camera down here with me id take some pics of the damage, its shitty but it looks as if the winds are begining to die down so hopefully i can get out to get more beer in the near future

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »

We had snow for a day which is very uncommon here.  Shittons of rain for a couple days.  Shittons of wind still.

But, bright blue sky and in the 40s.

jagojon3

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 05:26:20 PM »

We got a ton here in southern WI, my back hurts from all the shoveling this morning  :-X

Turkey soup pancakes sir

ochoa

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

im jealous...where do u live Jorsher? snow is fun when its not windy as fuck out.... out of how bad Iowa winters get today was the first time in 7 years they cancled classed at iowa state

looks like you got hit pretty hard to. are seeing the winds we were getting in iowa? (looks like it started leting up here)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:29:35 PM by ochoa »

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »

Huntsville, AL

From Fond du Lac and have family there/racine/oakfield, etc.  Haven't been there during the winter in years but I know last time I was there it was -30s for the windchill and of course snow.

We went there last summer in July and the weather was fucking amazing.  Low 70s/high 60s during the day, and at night needed a jacket.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »

No, there's no window there lol  I opened the door to take the shovel and the snow stayed there like that.

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 05:51:20 PM »

Yeah we already had our share here in Wyoming.

Now we get to enjoy some -20F or worse with wind chills. ;D

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »

It only -3C here.   ;D  I think I prefer cold weather to snow. At least the road are dry at those temp.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »

I like driving on snow @ 15F and colder the tires stick better. :yes:

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »

It's 52*F here. Wish it would warm up a little.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 06:46:20 PM »

got 14'' here last night, just down the road like 5 miles they got 18''. plow didnt come by until almost 1pm. my hatch has so much snow on it that it has the outline of a minivan.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Whitey

• the Few, the Proud, the Exiled
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • ©
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 06:51:29 PM »

It rained here in PA

jarebear667

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 07:05:56 PM »

the pics at the top is where i live the shitty truck is a huge beater used around the farm that thing is tough as shit. i havnt been staying there since its in the country with lots of wind and drift, my galant is good in the snow but not that good i have been stayin at a buddies in the town i work in 30 miles away.

theres  no snowboarding off of that barns roof its like this    /   hahah inside the barn is where we keep our sleeping beauties :yes:

my friend from sulfur, LA said they got a record 4 inches
                                                                                   /
midwest HMT!

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »

Fuck that. I'll take my humid ass summers over having to deal with that BS. I don't see how you guys do it, the rust alone would piss me off enough to move.

ochoa

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »

the bad thing is that these are how our winters are and our summers are humid as fuck 85-90 degrees+ humidity sucks.... Your right rust sucks you see a 10-15 yrd old car without rust its a gem haha even 3-5 yrd old vehicles rust here if there not matained with all the salt and shit they use on the roads

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »

the bad thing is that these are how our winters are and our summers are humid as fuck 85-90 degrees+ humidity sucks.... Your right rust sucks you see a 10-15 yrd old car without rust its a gem haha even 3-5 yrd old vehicles rust here if there not matained with all the salt and shit they use on the roads

It gets cold here (at least what we call cold). Hits in the 20's during the winter, was in the low 50's today. Your humidity is nothing compared to ours. Our humidity gets down to 60% during the winter. During the summer that shit hit's 100% with 100*+ temps sometimes. Nothing like walking out the door to get punched in the face by a wall of heat. Than again seeing cars that have been sitting out in a field for 20 years with just a little surface rust is always nice.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »

I'm in Buffalo, NY now, its supposed to get pretty rough tonight and tomorrow.  Been windy as hell, lights flicker from time to time.  Had Grape size Hail this morning.  High was about 38 today,  I'll post up pics if it gets like they claim.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 08:13:51 PM »

the pics at the top is where i live the shitty truck is a huge beater used around the farm that thing is tough as shit. i havnt been staying there since its in the country with lots of wind and drift, my galant is good in the snow but not that good i have been stayin at a buddies in the town i work in 30 miles away.

theres  no snowboarding off of that barns roof its like this    /   hahah inside the barn is where we keep our sleeping beauties :yes:

my friend from sulfur, LA said they got a record 4 inches
                                                                                   /

lol 4 inches, thats the amount of sugar I put on my kelloggs for breakfast. ;)

g_shok

• Certified OG
  • SuperSport
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »

i need a 4x4
ride or die - smoke &ampamp fly
What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death.

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »

We got it pretty good in Flagstaff.  around 2 feet, lots of drifting with high winds.  and fuck a 4x4, I can go anywhere with my 95 civic.  unstoppable.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »

We got it pretty good in Flagstaff.  around 2 feet, lots of drifting with high winds.  and fuck a 4x4, I can go anywhere with my 95 civic.  unstoppable.

same here '92 Hatch at stock height. ;D

junkyard racer

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 08:59:25 PM »

We are on the southern tip of the storm in N. Indiana. I would love to have that much snow about right now....
I woke up this morning to rain, then it turned cold about 2 this afternoon and now everything is snow and ice. Everything is closed, and some of the roads are just straight shut down, so i'm told.

Junkyard Racing Headquarters

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 09:01:13 PM »

i didnt think arizona actually got snow, let alone 2 ft snowstorms in the beginning of dec. we got like 3-4 inches last night.

darkelvis

• Certified OG
  • RHMT King of Rice
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »

pussies...

we got all the way up to a whopping -5 today.

bryantaylor

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 09:10:37 PM »

it was in the 70s here today.   O0
90 miata - t3 and megasquirt
95 mark VIII
06 GSX-R 600
 i changed my sig as per Robb

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »

i didnt think arizona actually got snow, let alone 2 ft snowstorms in the beginning of dec. we got like 3-4 inches last night.

Haha most of Arizona doesn't, but Flagstaff is at 7000ft and at the northern end of AZ.  Theres actually even a small ski resort 15 min north of town

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 11:32:34 PM »

We got the blizzard last weekend, then the temp dropped down to -30C's (-22F) I think it was Monday it got down to -37C (-35F) makes a it a bitch to start the TDI even with it plugged in all night. Finally warmed up today to a balmy -14c (7F) but the snow started again, not getting dumped on like last weekend, but we will probably get 3 or 4 inches by the time it is said and done. Last weekend we got about 10" plus the big winds to drift it around like the OP's pics.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up