:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck AT&T (not car related, just venting(nsfw))  (Read 3247 times)

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
Fuck AT&T (not car related, just venting(nsfw))
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »

Fuckers can't make fucking simple DNS changes to save their fucking lives.  Asked for an A record, a PTR record and an additional MX record.  They changed the priority on an existing MX record, deleted the PTR for my current record, added the A and new PTR, then fixed the priority on the first ,mx record, created the new MX and deleted the new PTR. WTF!!!!!!  IT Nogs should understand this bullshit. 

/rant

For wasting your time.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:37:39 AM by malichite »
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

jagojon3

• Certified OG
Re: Fuck AT&T (not car related, just venting)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:47:46 PM »

WTF BBQ ROFL XMAS

Turkey soup pancakes sir

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
Re: Fuck AT&T (not car related, just venting)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:50:48 PM »

And you know that rawr loves the dick...  O0
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
Re: Fuck AT&T (not car related, just venting(nsfw))
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »

Updated for wasting your time bitches!
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

Stealthmode

• Mufukkken 5 black Star General
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »

I have at&t, with no clue what codes you speak in, or major concerns with the service. Plus, looking closely at the plan it includes 4 free tows, of which I used one, and was glad I found it.

This is true. Lyric sheets to prove it.
I think Stealthmode has a few children in some of his socks. I picked up one of his socks thinking it was mine and it was crunchy. Now I spend all day wondering what the hell might be laying eggs under my fingernails.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 12:38:53 AM »

Yeah, your hosting is with them or just the domain?

Shitty...what are you using for the mailserver?  I had postfix/courier/postgrey/clamav/amavis/spamassassin set up, but it was telling me recipient did not exist when I tried to send mail.  Ended up deleting it and installing Citadel.

Citadel/Webcit looks like shit which isn't a problem since the accounts will be used through an email client, but it doesn't have very good support for multiple domains.  I can't have josh@domain1.com and josh@domain2.com which is a problem because I have 7 domains hosted on the server and don't want to be required to create a unique name for each one.

The server's hostname is, for example, ns0000.ovh.net.  You create user's accounts, for example josh, making the primary email address josh@ns0000.ovh.net and then you set the aliases for josh@domain1.com/josh@domain2.com.  It works because I can send an email to josh@ either domain, but the email goes to both addresses which is a pain in the ass when trying to keep email from each domain separate.

Considered just setting a rule in the client to send the email to different folders according to what domain it was addressed to...but I shouldn't need to do this, and I can't set rules on the phone where most of the mail will be handled...

So...I may need to go back to postfix/courier/etc/etc/etc.  I think I know what I was doing wrong last time.

Other issue: reverse DNS lookup.  I set the hostname to mail.domain.com on the machine, set the smtpd banner to mail.domain.com, but since the server host forces the name ns0000.ovh.net, it fails reverse lookup.  The emails went through fine, but I'm worried some won't get delivered.  So, I set the hostname/smtpd banner to ns0000.ovh.net so it would pass reverse lookup...and now the email won't go through.

wtf

And yeah, fuck AT&T

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 01:41:44 AM »

We just host our NS servers.  I have been trying to get our NS in house but have not had any luck getting it past management yet.   This is all for our corporate mail server so we dont have any issues with multiple domains.  We are just trying to add in another route to another spam filter.  We run proofpoint appliances which are built on CentOS.  It uses a simple sendmail setup but  the rest of the AV, Antispam is all proprietary.  We run it back to our exchange servers.   For your setup have you thought about running zimbra?  It is a pretty solid platform and handles multiple domains well.  I use it for all of my personal mail server stuff. 

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 01:50:29 AM »

I looked into Zimbra but am a little worried what its "multiple domain support" entails.  Citadel also has "multiple domain support," but it's limited.

With Zimbra, could you have the same account name for multiple domains like this:
josh@domain1.com
josh@domain2.com
josh@domain3.com
paypal@domain1.com
paypal@domain2.com

AND would the email be stored separately?

Again, Citadel allows me to send to josh@domain1.com and josh@domain2.com, but the email is not kept separate, it both goes to "josh" which has the two domains aliased to it.

I hate to start over, it's a production server, but if it will definitely do that, I'll start over.

And that's with the free open-source version of Zimbra?

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 01:54:08 AM »

Free opensource version of zimbra will do what you are looking for.  josh@domain1.com and josh@domain2.com will be two different email boxes.  If you would like them to be the same mailbox you can setup an alias and have them be one also.  Works either way.  If you have an old machine toss it on and give it a try.

RotaryGeek

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 03:01:02 AM »

I have at&t, with no clue what codes you speak in, or major concerns with the service. Plus, looking closely at the plan it includes 4 free tows, of which I used one, and was glad I found it.

Yeah man, that asurion shit is pretty cool. I have the same thing. Im forever using it when ever anybodies car is broke down.
Word of advice - Don'#39#39t ever cough while taking a piss.

<ltlta href="quotquothttp://www.giffies.com/viewgif/514/amateur-red.html"quotquot TITLE="quotquotClick to Play Amateur Red"quotquot TARGET="quotquot_blank"quotquot>gtgtClick to Play!<ltlt/a>gtgt

WPPF

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 11:06:08 AM »

you guys are both from california. This place makes me look harder than he-man.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »

So what you are saying is that if you do in fact love the cock, it is manly cock not nancyboy Cali cock?

WPPF

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 04:25:16 PM »

So what you are saying is that if you do in fact love the cock, it is manly cock not nancyboy Cali cock?

I'm saying that there's dudes walking up the street asking people to taste their nuts.

I saw some strung out 40 year old punker throw his coffee at a car that almost hit him because he stumbled into the street then he mumbled about rights. Pulling that shit in Dayton would get you fucking shot. I also had some bum try to start shit with me because I was stairing at his Jew cap. Fagafornia can burn to the fucking ground. The Asians seem like the only normal people in norcal just like the mexicans in socal.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »

Free opensource version of zimbra will do what you are looking for.  josh@domain1.com and josh@domain2.com will be two different email boxes.  If you would like them to be the same mailbox you can setup an alias and have them be one also.  Works either way.  If you have an old machine toss it on and give it a try.

Awesome, that's good news.  I will set it up on a test server first since I can't afford to delay the prod server any more for bullshit.  Citadel works, just looks like shit and doesn't do everything I want it to do.

AT&T calls my wife every day (2-4 times) on her verizon cell phone asking her if she wants to change her phone plan.

they are not asking if she wants to switch from verizon to at&t, they are asking her if she wants to change her current at&t plan to an unlimited at&t plan.

she has never used at&t for anything.

so yeah FUCK AT&T

Fuckers mail me something a few times a year trying to get me to switch server.  I've had Voicestream/T-Mobile since my first phone.

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

Yeah, zimbra web front end looks pretty nice.  Has ajax controls and stuff to to make it look nice, IM, calendars, collaboration crap blah blah.  I think you will like it.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 01:54:50 AM »

I'm saying that there's dudes walking up the street asking people to taste their nuts.

I saw some strung out 40 year old punker throw his coffee at a car that almost hit him because he stumbled into the street then he mumbled about rights. Pulling that shit in Dayton would get you fucking shot. I also had some bum try to start shit with me because I was stairing at his Jew cap. Fagafornia can burn to the fucking ground. The Asians seem like the only normal people in norcal just like the mexicans in socal.

I'm not surprised.  Asheville is the #2 (FL being #1) non-Aztlan hispanic destination of the last decade.  I really can't stand the culture of ignorance that 75% of the illegals embrace, but the hispanic AMERICAN kids from the Socal region are just cool guys.  The only guy who was as bright as me when I was going through the EE curriculum came from there.

You always hear all sorts of stereotypes like asian kids are smarter, which I've never experienced.  Frankly the only "race" that seems to have a higher rate of per capita brilliance are the mulatto kids so perfectly 50/50 that they feel excluded by either racial identity, give up on the whole waste of time fitting in is, and do something real with their lives.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 11:10:49 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, sir.

Tried to get zimbra working on ubuntu 9.10 which just was a pain in the ass since it's only built for 8.04 LTS.  Got it working but there were still some kinks left to work out which I decided wasn't worth the time.

Reformatted and installed 8.04 LTS instead and set it up, does exactly what I need it to do.

I can deal with an old-as-fuck version of Ubuntu until 10.04 LTS is out next April.

Next I need to start working on CentOS...
Pages: [1]   Go Up