:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some 12 valve fab work.  (Read 5750 times)

carkrazed

Some 12 valve fab work.
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »

95 12 valve that im puttin in a 75 chevy 4 door long bed. Truck has like 8" of lift and 38's. Its a monster!!

I'll get some more pics of the truck itself and the rest of the fab work tomorrow. My phone died on me tonight.

Intercooler piping done. Who said ebay intercoolers were just for econoshitboxes.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
Re: Some 12 valve fab work.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »

What are you guys doing for a transmission?  Using a Dodge trans, or an adapter plate to the GM stuff?

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »

I'm curious about the tranny too. I want to put one in my 90 silverado. I'm leaning towards the dodge 47rh tranny
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 12:50:27 AM »

Cool to see a 12v conversion. Just one thing i thought i would mention is that the couplers in the charge piping seem to be a bit short/stiff. You might want to think about using diesel style couplers that are quite a bit more flexible and longer.

:)

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »

Unless it was out of an industrial application, that engine was from '93 or earlier as it has the VE pump, not the P7100 pump found on the 94 -early 98 trucks.

Fab looks good though.  O0
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »

I like this ;)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »

seems like i have heard of 300hp out of the stock pump and injectors. i have just started researching these things too.

there is a pin under the timing cover that can fall out and get caught in the timing chain.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »

seems like i have heard of 300hp out of the stock pump and injectors. i have just started researching these things too.

there is a pin under the timing cover that can fall out and get caught in the timing chain.

What timing chain?

The gears can chew it up or you can get lucky and it happens to just fall to the pan.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »

brain fart. im just used to american stuff having chains, forgot they just had gears
obd1>gtgtall

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 11:13:31 AM »

Ya, I'm liking it too. I'm new to the whole diesel thing so its a good learning experience.

dvst8r, I'm pretty sure this is bone stock. I found and printed out a sweet page on how to turn these things up and adjust the timing. What kind of power can these put down on stock injectors?

Got any tips to throw out? One of my buddies said something about a pin in the timing that needs modded or it may fall out and fuck shit up. What's that about?

KDP (killer dowel pin) it is in the timing case, and yes if it falls out it fucks shit up FAST, cheap and easy to fix a MUST do!

How much you can get out of stock injectors, depends on what year it is. On the plate across the valve covers does it say anything about being intercooled?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »

after 91.5 they were intercooled and had much smaller injectors. You will be hard pressed to make 300whp with them, not that it matters cause you don't have enough air. Those injectors are big enough to make it plenty hot, I usually back out of my 12v at 1600* but I've seen Dvst8r bury his pyro past 1800* many times with no ill effects.

Do a 3200rpm governor spring, cut the fuel pin, add about 1/4" of timing, get a smaller turbine housing cause that motor has the lagmaster 21.5cm^2 housing. Add a tighter torque converter, 2nd gen flexplate, and transgo shift kit to get some life out of the trans before you blow it up. I also see you are missing the tps so do a search on DTR to find out how to do the potentiometer conversion. While you're there read all the stickies.
92GSR - mild interest

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »

Nigger North has it covered, but I like my timing all the way to the head. However I have never run the tiny intercooled injectors before either.

slappynuts

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »

You might want to re think your charge pipe by the intake manifold. When the engine starts moving around and you have a long part solidly welded like that it will lever on that weld and probably break it off at the manifold. Other then that looks sweet.

crazy_ivan

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

You might want to re think your charge pipe by the intake manifold. When the engine starts moving around and you have a long part solidly welded like that it will lever on that weld and probably break it off at the manifold. Other then that looks sweet.

That's the only way I could get a bend on it and keep the grid heater because of its proximity to the master cylinder.

I threw another coupler in that section. Right before the bend by the core support. It allows for alot more flex.
One of the 12 valves at the shop just got a 45* bend out of the cast housing with a bubble coupler. It's been on for 10 months...

Reminds me of the LRX Mopar Nats 07 Lil Red Express
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:46:21 PM by crazy_ivan »

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »

compound it or gtfo

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »

Fucking win!

I want a SRW square body Crew Cab for some silly ass reason.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 11:17:38 PM »

That's sweet just need to molest the pump now. Then blow up the trans, then put a built one in and get hungry for more power and build twins and then wreck every other weak link you find. Shit I love diesels!
92GSR - mild interest

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 08:05:49 PM »

That is a sweet ass truck man.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »

When I dream of 12v swaps, this is almost what I dream of. I am in love.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »

this thread is motivating. i have been wanting to put one of those in my truck for quite a while. just need to find a good deal

looks like a worthy candidate to me

obd1>gtgtall

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »

where's the other turbo?

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up