:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Poll

OMG HI2U!!!

I could work, but would rather be on welfare because I know Johnny Bliss can afford to support me.
I can provide for myself, thanks, but it's nice knowing I have a safety net if something bad happens.
I'd rather die than go on welfare.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welfare Poll  (Read 20368 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
Re: Welfare Poll
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 06:23:54 AM »

the bottom line is despite the economy blowing this year, i have noticed the only people really suffering are those lacking skill or ambition.    people who work hard, know what the fuck they are doing and are valuable to the company always will have work.   its all the other slop in the workforce fighting for the 7 dollar an hr shit.

If you mean liberal arts majors just say liberal arts majors.  All that pussyfooting around so you don't offend anyone is why people treat you like a chump.

Is your PM function broken?

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2009, 06:35:58 AM »

the bottom line is despite the economy blowing this year, i have noticed the only people really suffering are those lacking skill or ambition.    people who work hard, know what the fuck they are doing and are valuable to the company always will have work.   its all the other slop in the workforce fighting for the 7 dollar an hr shit.

or those of us that have a highly specialized field that has dried up in the area that have to go back to slumming it driving trucks... not all of us stick pieces of metal together and light cars on fire at 66% throttle.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 06:48:10 AM »

Sorry, cognitively scattered I am.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »

you guys have no clue how hard it is to get a job right now, especially in california. even in washington a few months ago, i was interviewing for 13$ an hour driving jobs just to get off unemployment, and was getting passed over for guys that had 10-12 years experience driving trucks. people with vast amounts of experience are gunning for 10$ an hour jobs, and winning against those of us that don't have the experience.

I don't think it's that bad. Most fruit warehouses were hiring the last month due to cherry season. They'll hire anyone as long as they can work all day long, regardless of age or even if they lack legal documents.

I've been without a stable job for nearly 2 years now. I made only 8k last year with real jobs and 10k under the table. If I really wanted to, I'd have a job flipping burgers but I'm too.....proud to stoop that low? Idk, but I know my reasoning is bs. But right now, I've been picking up apps for anywhere, including burger/pizza joints. I'm to the point that I don't give a fuck what I do because it can't be worse than working in the orchards.

If people REALLY want a job, they'll find one. Most people over look manual labor jobs because they're too lazy, or give any poor old excuse and blame it on some sort of disability.  I'd personally rather be working outside in the orchards for minumum wage, getting sun burnt and busting my back than standing around in an a/c equipped building flipping burgers.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2009, 02:21:25 PM »

Sounds like your problem is you are too worried about licking on Cali's nutsack. Why stay in Cali? Sure it seems nice, but to me the stupid BS and 80% Mexican 19% retarded fucks you have living there with you out weigh any benefit.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »

This. I've seen plenty of people that "can't find a job". They lack ambition, skills, and giveashit. You want a job, go drive around till you find some folks building a house and talk to the contractor/owner. See if they need an extra pair of hands help get the job done. Care, and show the guy you're serious and want to work. I could go get 10 jobs today if I wanted them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »

Sounds like your problem is you are too worried about licking on Cali's nutsack. Why stay in Cali? Sure it seems nice, but to me the stupid BS and 80% Mexican 19% retarded fucks you have living there with you out weigh any benefit.

i hate 80% of the mexicans around here, i hate the stupid shit laws.
i love everything else.
i lived in vegas for 2 years and i didn't realize how much i missed SD till i moved back

Yeah, you didn't realise because you really didn't miss anything.  What you experienced on returning to SD is called hometown effect, it's why a lot of people never leave home or keep returning even when home is a shithole.

FYI, Vegas sucks, you should try somewhere real.  I guarantee you'd fucking LOVE it.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »

SPeaking of welfare?  where did Jonnys Militia truck build go? I wanted to see the write up on Mounting your own 50 cal turret on the top of your chebby and armor plating.

Damn.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2009, 08:37:34 PM »

This. I've seen plenty of people that "can't find a job". They lack ambition, skills, and giveashit. You want a job, go drive around till you find some folks building a house and talk to the contractor/owner. See if they need an extra pair of hands help get the job done. Care, and show the guy you're serious and want to work. I could go get 10 jobs today if I wanted them.

the guys building a house or whatever won't hire you if you don't have tools.
i worked construction for a while and i got rid of all those tools.

fuck i don't even have a pair of shoes i could wear doing construction

JD it's actually the beaches here, see i've been surfing for the last 20 years and i missed that a lot. just didn't realize it till i moved back and started surfing again.
No, you could be a laborer. Laborers don't need their own tools, they're everyones bitches.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2009, 08:48:58 PM »

the guys building a house or whatever won't hire you if you don't have tools.
i worked construction for a while and i got rid of all those tools.

fuck i don't even have a pair of shoes i could wear doing construction

JD it's actually the beaches here, see i've been surfing for the last 20 years and i missed that a lot. just didn't realize it till i moved back and started surfing again.
No, you could be a laborer. Laborers don't need their own tools, they're everyones bitches.

Exactly my point. If you have nothng then start from the bottom. You said you want work, go try. Get hired, make money, buy a few tools, and progress.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »

Im not reading thru six pages of bullshit, but I dont think I would ever make it to welfare status.  Maybe if I was strung out on crack and couldnt remember my name, but even then I think I could get by.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »

thank you Johnny for paying for my wife and my medical bills while i was unemployed. i would have came to your house myself and held you at gunpoint to take your money, but i was too busy playing Xbox so i sent the government instead  :mexi:
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2009, 10:42:30 PM »

i love everything else.
i lived in vegas for 2 years and i didn't realize how much i missed SD till i moved back

oh i forgot to say that the only gap in my employment is the last 9 months i haven't had a job.
i'm working on a way to fill that gap, but i'm not sure yet.

I have never been to Cali so I can't say, but just sounds like the shittyness out weighs the benefits. Also there are beaches a lot of other places. How old are you mike?

i love everything else.

Yeah, you didn't realise because you really didn't miss anything.  What you experienced on returning to SD is called hometown effect, it's why a lot of people never leave home or keep returning even when home is a shithole.

FYI, Vegas sucks, you should try somewhere real.  I guarantee you'd fucking LOVE it.

I agree. Home always seems better and has the safety net. 90% of the people in the US will never leave their home town. Hell almost everyone I know stayed in the city I always lived in to go to school and the ones who didn't came back either after school or transferred back.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2009, 01:54:46 AM »

then you deserve to be poor, but don't deserve assistence as you refuse to do ANYTHING to better your life and the lives of your family. kinda sad dude.  :mexi:

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2009, 02:44:01 AM »

Dude you can visit family thats no excuse.

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2009, 02:57:50 AM »

I have never been to Cali so I can't say, but just sounds like the shittyness out weighs the benefits. Also there are beaches a lot of other places. How old are you mike?
beaches are other places but family isn't.
i was raised that family is more important than money. if i could get a minimum wage job then we would have enough money and not need any assistance.

i have a few jobs lined up and it looks promising

i'm 29
my family and i would rather be homeless living out of a motorhome then move out of san diego.

im sure your kid will agree with you when it gets older and has nothing because thier father would rather stay in some shithole then make a move to better thier lives. 

makes total sense to me.  :?:

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2009, 03:17:37 AM »

YOU GUYS ARE INSENSITIVE
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2009, 07:54:30 AM »

YOU GUYS ARE INSENSITIVE

No we aren't.  It's a father's place to provide, dad.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »

Quote from: Joseph Davis
No we aren't.  It's a father's place to provide, dad.

^^This

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »

sucks that all you guys care about is money and things.

while i get to hang out with my kid at the beach every day you guys can go work your ass of for the money to buy the shit you don't need.

i'll be spending my money on shit i do need

Instead of going to the beach, why dont you spent that time lookign for a job.  I love the logic, "Fuck working it makes you have money which means you are materialistic so i prefer to live in poverty cause its easier"

Dude the more you post  the more i wonder, if you dont have any money how come you did buy that nova, if you dont have a job how come you have all this free time.

I have a combined household income at over 100k, im certainly not baller status Like general Bliss but Its not like we need much help.  I have no project car currently because Im bout a week out from being a dad and common sense tells me i have some expenses coming i should plan for.

My "I need more money" sense is in overdrive right now.  I fix PC's for a living and im currently lining up side work like talking about it.  got one at home and 3 more comming to me tomorrow for so quick easy cash and also will be doing 2 CV axels and a tune up on a friends car for cash and i again im not a mechanic. Just a dude who knows what I/My Family Needs/wants, so i handle it.

Wise man once said you ALWAYS find the time/means to do what you want.  Just all depends on what you really want.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2009, 12:12:55 PM »

while i get to hang out with my kid at the beach every day you guys can go work your ass of for the money to buy the shit you don't need.

my dad cares about financial security, not how much money he makes. in my 22yrs my dad has been without a job for 6 months. he is 60 yr old and still kicks ass working everyday, 6 days a week he works. i don't know what he would do if he was unable to work. oh and for those 6 months he started 2 business's and made enough to pay the mortgage and all our bills.

i just find it crazy you come up with excuse after excuse as to why your doing the right thing. i mean come on dude. 

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

Instead of going to the beach, why dont you spent that time lookign for a job.  I love the logic, "Fuck working it makes you have money which means you are materialistic so i prefer to live in poverty cause its easier"

Funny only poor people use that frame of mind too

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »

Its priorites dude.  Your priorities lately have included Building a fence to keep a POS car that doesnt run, parting out said car and going to the beach.

You do know craigslist has the Gig section where you can advertise YOUR services and or look for other work.  I bet you a dollar if you made an ad saying "willing to fix any car, do any yard/ handywork or practicaly anything short of sucking dick for money" you'd get a response.

You WANTED teh car and it happened even though you had no job.  If you WANTED a job id think youd have one, maybe not the best or best paying but youd have one.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »

Surprised Johnny didn't blow up on you yet

Pretty sure you just fucked yourself talking about how you live with your mother in law and you used to post how you moved in with her so she wouldn't loose her house and you pay your bills just fine.

Now you post about how you borrow 300/month off of her and you get assistance in a few different forms.
I don't care if they are not called welfare you are still getting free shit.

I understand the whole you shouldn't be materialistic but you also shouldn't be a leach.

If you talk about your clothes being from 10 yrs ago and are nothing but rags how are you going to get a decent interview? go to fucking goodwill and buy second hand shit

If all the jobs want you to speak spanish don't spend all your time surfing and snorkling learn a few words and show some initiative.  A job won't just land in your lap sitting on your ass emailing people like the other 600 slobs, if you live in a place of such economic hardship and a job is that hard to come by you either need to buck up and move, or buck up and make sure you stand above the other slobs competing with you.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »

Surprised Johnny didn't blow up on you yet

Pretty sure you just fucked yourself talking about how you live with your mother in law and you used to post how you moved in with her so she wouldn't loose her house and you pay your bills just fine.

Now you post about how you borrow 300/month off of her and you get assistance in a few different forms.
I don't care if they are not called welfare you are still getting free shit.

I understand the whole you shouldn't be materialistic but you also shouldn't be a leach.

If you talk about your clothes being from 10 yrs ago and are nothing but rags how are you going to get a decent interview? go to fucking goodwill and buy second hand shit

If all the jobs want you to speak spanish don't spend all your time surfing and snorkling learn a few words and show some initiative.  A job won't just land in your lap sitting on your ass emailing people like the other 600 slobs, if you live in a place of such economic hardship and a job is that hard to come by you either need to buck up and move, or buck up and make sure you stand above the other slobs competing with you.

+1

I throw out on average 3 resumes a day. Typically the faxed / emailed ones. If the guy shows up at my door, clean with a good attitude and well written resume (something that they actually thought about not just filled in the blanks on MS word) even if I am not hiring I will put it in my keep resume drawer, and they are the ones that get called when I am hiring. I rarely even take a second glance at a faxed resume unless it is from someone out of town.

I fucking hate resumes with "objective" I think it is just put in MS word so potential employers can quickly sort the going into the garbage pile. Nobody cares what your "objective" is.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

Okay, this thread tires me.

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »

Hell, I bought a suit at salvation army and a shirt/tie on clearance, so even something as dressy as that including my shoes cost me about $70 for the full wardrobe and that's about as dressy as you should ever get for an interview. Getting a decent pair of khakis and a professional looking polo shirt would cost under $10.

And I hate to say it but money makes the world go round, it's great and all to spend time with your kid on the beach but you have to go out there and work for her and think about her future.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:43:41 PM by Sinister »
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2009, 06:55:00 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up