:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Poll

OMG HI2U!!!

I could work, but would rather be on welfare because I know Johnny Bliss can afford to support me.
I can provide for myself, thanks, but it's nice knowing I have a safety net if something bad happens.
I'd rather die than go on welfare.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Welfare Poll  (Read 20403 times)

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
Re: Welfare Poll
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2009, 02:32:52 AM »

You've got to call people back and look presentable at interviews.  Sound like you actually want the job or something :-/.  Don't look for stuff on craigslist, go out and get some shit done.

Listen to the man, he knows how to dress for success.

rawr

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2009, 03:02:49 AM »

Wow! Making jokes about someone that they decided to run with because it was stupid is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo creative.  You should write for SNL, really.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2009, 03:09:18 AM »

faggoty niggerdick boyscouts who work at macdonalds are not entitled to opinions and get smacked in the cocksucker for voicing them around grown men (rhmt manboys need not apply)
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

rawr

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2009, 03:11:55 AM »

Who works at mcdonalds?

fysh

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »

One chocolate strawberry side by side and a 3 way please.

rawr

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »

That will be six dollars at the window. Please pull around.

xpert787

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »

You guys who are looking for work on CL and submitting info be careful, alot of people get their identity stolen that way.

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2009, 12:52:34 PM »

how can things stay so bad in california for so long. I meen are elections rigged in that state or is it only the rich people and actors that vote?

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »

mike, delete that shit, you don't need to justify a fucking thing to that overgrown buffoon.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2009, 01:21:29 PM »

move out of california its really easy. so many other states have lots of jobs, paying good.

your family could live a good life... you could provide for them... you need to move to a state with less government, and leave your big govt ideas and vote at home lest you ruin the state you immigrate to  8)
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »

alright here we go....

i have collected welfare for 5 years. 

my eldest son who is 10 now. is not biologically mine.  He had a deadbeat father that was in and out of Jail and has never paid child support. 

That was the only reason that we collected it was for him and to make his life miserable. 

I have gotten food stamps and it was great.  NY Steaks, crab, lobster anytime i wanted it.  But the last time I got food stamps was about 1.5 ago.  They said that i made too much last year.  Im about to reapply.  Comission based jobs suck. 

WIC is that shit.  Grilled cheese sammich's FTW!
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

fysh

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »

oh and how many times you gonna get pulled over for not wearing a seat belt

Easy now... its not his fault the seat belt can't fit around him.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »

as many times as i feel like not wearing it and get caught.

when are you going to get off welfare? before your state collapses?
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2009, 03:10:11 PM »

I'm sure the deleted paragraph was aimed at me, but the 10 jobs a day must be a gross over exaggeration. If you've done that everyday like you've said for 30 days, I doubt that out of 300 different businesses not 1 would call you back. The job market does suck a fat one but there's just no way in hell you can't find SOMETHING. And if by chance you can't find something, California really is a shithole and you should move out of there.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »

I don't know how the fuck someone without a job can move. Just moving into a shithole apartment would cost you about $2000 with a deposit and first months rent then switch all your utilities and deposits your over that and then you have to move your stuff about $200 at the least for an out of town one way uhual truck.  

None without a job can move people can move when their doing good. Not when your broke.

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2009, 03:21:31 PM »

Ah, gotcha. The not being qualified is a huge factor though, and the speaking spanish is ridiculous to me. IDK if you have these out there but there's a magazine you can get free out here that has hundreds and hundreds of jobs posted in it (this one's for Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas) Maybe you could try one of those as well?
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »

I'd stop looking for a job on craigslist alltogether. it's a waste of time.  your best bet is to drive around and fill out application anywhere that you might want to work.

Last year I got fire out of nowhere. it took me about 3months to find a job I tried CL for about a month it's all scams and low paying jobs. theirs no point at all looking on craigslist.

It's funny the very first job I put an application in at called me back like right at the moment I had decided to take a week off from looking for a job.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2009, 04:57:16 PM »

I could have applied for welfare/foodstamps/unemployment, but I chose not too. I chose not to because the biggest thing I hate is being called a freeloader. I hate having to borrow money. Hell, I usually wait until I really need it to ask and even then I'm still hesitant. I hate owing people money too. Asides from pride, I think there are other people that could use it more than me. I know there are a lot of free loaders, but there are also lots of people that really need it.

10 years ago, when my dad was no where to be found, my mom had 2 full time jobs(raising 3 kids) and the only reason that we survived was because of WIC. It helped out a BUNCH.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »

I hate having to borrow money. Hell, I usually wait until I really need it to ask and even then I'm still hesitant. I hate owing people money too.

haha, that's just like me. I've only borrowed money 1, MAYBE 2 times and it was a few hundred dollars that I paid back within a week or two but I still felt shitty doing it. Also I have a problem with lending money to people too, because usually it's one of my friends who are up to their ears in credit card debt and have 4 loans to pay off for cars and quads and other toys then beg me for money because they can't eat or pay rent or something of the like 

Also my mom had two jobs raising two kids and we had WIC as well iirc, and it did help a lot. Thankfully we had my grandparents who bought us the trailer we lived in and the car my mom had to drive (since when she divorced she had her house and car taken from her) and my mom eventually was able to pay them back but we were in a time of need and I remember going to a food cupboard because we couldn't afford food either. I'm thankful for those programs being in place when we were in a time of need.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2009, 05:46:11 PM »

Food cupboard is usually a charity organization.

Stories like that justify the public assistance programs, its unfortunate so many people choose to abuse them and cause everybody financial harm.

xpert787

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2009, 12:03:18 AM »

I would like an option to opt out of SS, and just be responsible to save on my own. I don't mind to keep paying in a percentage to allow the people who are in to maintain their benefit. I just don't want all my money going into a pot that may or may not be around in the future. I realize it's not for everyone to go solo, so it should be an option to continue with the federal plan if u want.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2009, 01:05:56 AM »

Do you not have a state employment or temp work places there?

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2009, 01:36:30 AM »

i'm with everyone else here, theres no way in hell you can't find a job. any job. is better then what you have. which is nothing. :?:

and to the guy who saying you can't move.

1. sell everything you can't fit in your car.

2. save up while selling everything.

3. with the money you saved up from selling everything, use it for gas money and drive.

4. stop and live in the mid west, cheap living at it's best.

i friend drove to cali from fargo, nd (where i live). and it was about $400 round trip in a miata doing 80-90 mph.

and we have this place called labor ready, pretty much show up early and get a job for the day. get paid that day also.

we paid a guy $100 to work for the day moving rock/dirt/plants, when we made a garden. he worked his ass off so my mom tipped him. he made like $120 for 10 hours of work.

not that hard to figure out how to make money. and i would think living in cali would be the last place i would be living if a "couldn't" find a job :mexi:

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2009, 02:30:22 AM »

you guys have no clue how hard it is to get a job right now, especially in california. even in washington a few months ago, i was interviewing for 13$ an hour driving jobs just to get off unemployment, and was getting passed over for guys that had 10-12 years experience driving trucks. people with vast amounts of experience are gunning for 10$ an hour jobs, and winning against those of us that don't have the experience.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2009, 02:44:22 AM »

Fill those employment gaps with BS. Just make up a business name and crap. They rarely check, and if they do just say they went out of business.

Sinister

• insane in the membrane
  • Certified OG
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2009, 04:10:39 AM »

Eh, I technically have three jobs at the moment (don't work regularly at 2 of them but am still on the books) and two of those I got in 2009, and they were the only two places I applied to in 2009. Maybe I had some luck on my side, idk.
3/5/09 - RIP HMT

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2009, 05:17:49 AM »

you guys have no clue how hard it is to get a job right now, especially in california. even in washington a few months ago, i was interviewing for 13$ an hour driving jobs just to get off unemployment, and was getting passed over for guys that had 10-12 years experience driving trucks. people with vast amounts of experience are gunning for 10$ an hour jobs, and winning against those of us that don't have the experience.

then my advice of driving away from cali. should be taken. trust me over a few months you can get the cash to move or w/e

maybe i don't understand how bad it is else where as ND is still doing ok in this economy. but i just don't understand staying in a place that is that hard to find a job.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2009, 05:49:39 AM »

then my advice of driving away from cali. should be taken. trust me over a few months you can get the cash to move or w/e

maybe i don't understand how bad it is else where as ND is still doing ok in this economy. but i just don't understand staying in a place that is that hard to find a job.

Your city doing good and finding a job are two different things. I'm having a hard time finding one here also. Problem is that with the crappy economy you have people who are well over qualified willing to work the same positions a normal person qualifies for. Now if I have the chance to hire Joe Blow who only worked at Wal-Mart or Mr. Prestige with a college degree and years of good work experience applying for the same job/pay who do you think I should hire?

hotrex

• Certified OG
  • rough riding niggas since 2002
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2009, 06:12:56 AM »

the bottom line is despite the economy blowing this year, i have noticed the only people really suffering are those lacking skill or ambition.    people who work hard, know what the fuck they are doing and are valuable to the company always will have work.   its all the other slop in the workforce fighting for the 7 dollar an hr shit.

1. nbspnbsp choda nbspnbsp 584 up, 134 down
 area between your bag and your asshole
Johnny bliss'#039#039s mom really worked my choda yesterday, I wont be able to ride my bike for a week

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2009, 06:16:32 AM »

the bottom line is despite the economy blowing this year, i have noticed the only people really suffering are those lacking skill or ambition.    people who work hard, know what the fuck they are doing and are valuable to the company always will have work.   its all the other slop in the workforce fighting for the 7 dollar an hr shit.

If you mean liberal arts majors just say liberal arts majors.  All that pussyfooting around so you don't offend anyone is why people treat you like a chump.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up