:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Being Jobless SUCKS  (Read 26305 times)

chris

Re: Being Jobless SUCKS
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »

I have been looking for a temp guy at my place forever but people dont want to get their hands dirty

I think business owners get a bit jaded when it comes to "temp" workers.  They figure, if I'm paying, they should work hard.  In reality, $8/hr to sweep the floor, you are going to get mental midgets and high schoolers on their cell phones all day.  In order to get a person to work for you, stay, and work reasonably hard, you have to engage them.  That way when they come home and have a beer with their buddies, they can say "Yeah, today I learned how to port an intake manifold" rather than "today I swept the floor, took out the trash, and packaged up some shipments."  Even if they did those 3 things AND the intake manifold, they will talk about the intake manifold, and ignore the other crap when talking to their friends.
Thanks Dr. business. People should be grateful to have a fuckin job now thats my point. The fact my white trash ass needs an employee speaks volume that I might now what the fuck Im doing. Oh yeah I have a nice truck paid for,got a degree with no debt and no family support. I also really want to ban you because your fucking annoying.

When I was 18 I would of loved to have boss like me. I bbq+bump tupac watch my dogs clear 8 foot fences and scare the shit out of tweakers walking by. Then in the middle I drink tall cans and get some work done. Its perhaps in my mind the easiest thing in the world.

Also I do not show the dark art of port work to anyone. People who own a flowbench and can form metal usually are the shit and Im no exception to that rule. I learned all my dark magic skills from an old man who has shown myself and no one else what and how to make sweet love to heads/manifolds work.

Conclusion: Its wednesday,Im an admin and I dont like you.

junkyard racer

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »

:noel:

dueces.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »

I'm thinking about going back to my old job building race engines and setting up snowmobile chassis for 8an hour.  its shit pay, but its better than nothing and I get to learn a bit playing on a dyno.  Also, I get acess to some mills, lathes, tigs, etc.

chris

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »

Port work is also just like welding takes years to know what the hell your doing correctly. People pay me to do their work not some fuck stick who will do a half ass job like 99 percent of people who attempt it.

Also majority of my business is used parts and general repair. Im not a fan of homo ricers asking me how to go fast yo.

I pay better than fast food,have a chill ass environment and you get to do bone head work that doesnt require any thought.

Making boxes,cleaning and going to the store to buy me malt liquor.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2010, 10:17:48 AM »

for me, I havent made less than 15 an hour in 10 years.  its a step back, but the benefits of what I'd learn and have acess to after hours far outweighs the pay rate.  They do more than 2strokes now.  They also do performance boats, some engines above the 1000hp level.  The other thing is, at 8 an hour I have my foot in the door to prove myself as an asset to the business and give me leverage to get the pay I deserve down the road.

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »

ZING!!!!11!1

..and sig'd
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:22:56 AM by keelay »
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2010, 10:24:40 AM »

ya know i was one of the first members on that site, why don't i have a badge of honor?

because you asked

Its also cause you dont have a w-2.

I think the badge is sorta like those arm bracelets all the teens are doing if like you gave head or did anal and shit.  You only get one if you have had phone sex with JD or John Michael or bryan or caleb.  if you haven't then you're just not cool.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2010, 10:26:13 AM »

Thanks Dr. business. People should be grateful to have a fuckin job now thats my point. The fact my white trash ass needs an employee speaks volume that I might now what the fuck Im doing. Oh yeah I have a nice truck paid for,got a degree with no debt and no family support. I also really want to ban you because your fucking annoying.

When I was 18 I would of loved to have boss like me. I bbq+bump tupac watch my dogs clear 8 foot fences and scare the shit out of tweakers walking by. Then in the middle I drink tall cans and get some work done. Its perhaps in my mind the easiest thing in the world.

Also I do not show the dark art of port work to anyone. People who own a flowbench and can form metal usually are the shit and Im no exception to that rule. I learned all my dark magic skills from an old man who has shown myself and no one else what and how to make sweet love to heads/manifolds work.

this post, along with my cup of folgers, has been the perfect way to start the morning.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

sfa22r

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »

A job oversees as a civillian is cake from what I've seen. Those guys all make bank. Never really have to leave the base and see any actual danger. They make 6 figures and don't pay for food or a place to live or the furniture in there room (/hooch). Your not living in a tent with like 20 dudes either usually you get your own room. Either way it's a year with 2 months off, paid. Saving the money because there ain't shit to spend it on there, and no cost of living expenses. It really is a sweet gig. I would do it if I wasn't already in the military. I love deploying and being over there it is alot of fun. It really is not as bad as the news makes it out too be. If you can do it do. You won't regret it.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:  There isn't really a bad side to it

mandrel-bends

• Columbia River Mandrel Bending
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »

JD, I'm not intending on changing or impacting your play ground. It has nothing to do with this site. It's targetted, subtle, and primarly used for generating deep back links on high PR forums. This forum does not have those qualities -  it doesn't index in search engines well, it doesn't generate back links that are rank worthy, and most of the posts on here you probably wouldn't want coming up on google when you search for keywords. It's smart work, not bill board work. I only mentioned it here to help. And for the record, I post here because I like the people here and know many by name and face. If you think I'm slumming it by being here, then you don't know know anything about me.

Internet marketing/promotion has nothing to do with RICKP. This is done in countless companies, it's just another division of sales. The only difference is some of us can help people who dont have a job and have little else to do but post on forums. So far we've had 43 emails from people on here interested. As I'm assuming some people on here (especially those unemployed) could use some extra money, that is only reason I posted it.

Do internet marketing. Some of us pay better than food stamps for decent and appropriate forum/related marketing & promotion. If you've got big post counts on good forums (high PR rank), you can also get payed to put relevent links in your signatures (1 min year commitment) type thing. Need more info, email me admin@mandrelbends.com.

/
/
No.

ban.  We have a ricky p amongst us.

You don't understand the source of our gripe against Richard Potter, at all.  WPPF/rawr is the guy who started turbothis.net in rebellion against the censorship that accompanies an environment conducive to advertisement, and it happened a long, long time before any of us knew who Rick P was. 

While I understand the need for reputable suppliers of raw materials, and a lot of us appreciate the hell out of companies like yours that supply us with excellent deals on such, this is a DIY forum and advertising is the only thing required to ruin this place.   Your presentation of being a walking e-billboard whore for people and product that we'd have no relationship with outside of getting a paycheck for playing along is morally repugnant.   You may get emails/pms from people asking how they can get paid for advertising, but this forum gets posts from people who don't understand that china turbos are junk.  It's one and the same, and it doesn't fly here.

No offense, I enjoy hearing your input on a number of different aspects.  It's a lot like talking to a Chris Harris who went into manufacturing instead of sales.  I like Chris, he's my friend, but his perspective on business is what caused him to fuck up with respect to this site's membership.   I see the same flaws in you, sir.  You are not a bad person.  You have much of interest to share with us.  You obviously see something of merit in this site, beyond mere sales.  But I don't think you fully understand the blue collar mentality found here, and I'm trying to illustrate that clearly so you don't have to endure how volatile this place can be when you take a misstep.
Columbia River Mandrel Bending
CNC Mandrel Bending &ampamp Precision Waterjet Cutting
http://www.mandrelbends.com

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »

JD, I'm not intending on changing or impacting your play ground. It has nothing to do with this site. It's targetted, subtle, and primarly used for generating deep back links on high PR forums. This forum does not have those qualities -  it doesn't index in search engines well, it doesn't generate back links that are rank worthy, and most of the posts on here you probably wouldn't want coming up on google when you search for keywords. It's smart work, not bill board work. I only mentioned it here to help. And for the record, I post here because I like the people here and know many by name and face. If you think I'm slumming it by being here, then you don't know know anything about me.

Yeah i just read what you wrote and think you're slumming it up here.  I dont think you got what JD was trying to say and only engaged the specific things he said.  I dont think you got his point.

If the search index's of a specific web site influence your way of business, it really doesn't matter what you "Intend" to change.  you are no different in mindset.  IE: its all about the dollars and cents.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »

I have been looking for a temp guy at my place forever but people dont want to get their hands dirty

I think business owners get a bit jaded when it comes to "temp" workers.  They figure, if I'm paying, they should work hard.  In reality, $8/hr to sweep the floor, you are going to get mental midgets and high schoolers on their cell phones all day.  In order to get a person to work for you, stay, and work reasonably hard, you have to engage them.  That way when they come home and have a beer with their buddies, they can say "Yeah, today I learned how to port an intake manifold" rather than "today I swept the floor, took out the trash, and packaged up some shipments."  Even if they did those 3 things AND the intake manifold, they will talk about the intake manifold, and ignore the other crap when talking to their friends.

It doesn't surprise me that like 3-6 months ago you were promoting Doing absolutely nothing and roaming around the country with no job cause you could.  the same useless asshat like you will end up looking for a job and turning down 8 an hour cause its not "Engaging" are you fucking kidding me?  So you need to be hand fed something that's has taken others years to learn before you consider it? You think Chris bounced from shop to shop until some random dude was like "Hey its cool random kid come here and ill show you exactly what ive learned and paid all my bills with for the last 20 years no problem!!"

How bout sweeping those floors for a while till you prove your worth, then stepping up to be a flat rate bitch for a few before you decide  you can tune.  Its called working towards something, making something out of yourself. The reason people are shit is because they have the same mentality you have.  Gimme.  You don't want to work for shit, you just want shit handed to you and don't really want to break a sweat for it unless you know for certain there are obvious gains.

Fuck you, starve bitch.  If sweeping for 8 an hour is beneath you then fuck off and get out the way.  Go suck off daddy for some dough.

I didn't have some hard up story growing up, it was a little fucked just like most everyone but at 15 I drug lawn mowers all over and did the all American job of selling weed to get what i wanted.  I bought my JNCO's and Etnies with MY money. i didnt say "well i don't want to mow grass cause its boring and i don't learn anything boo hoo" shit aint fucking glamorous, i needed money so i did work. wtf.

I swear to god i love this site but seeing the mindset of some of the people around here make me sad

oh wait.  you're from Jersey.  it all makes sense now.

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »

Yeah i just read what you wrote and think you're slumming it up here.  I dont think you got what JD was trying to say and only engaged the specific things he said.  I dont think you got his point.

If the search index's of a specific web site influence your way of business, it really doesn't matter what you "Intend" to change.  you are no different in mindset.  IE: its all about the dollars and cents.

he runs a business, of course he wants to make money you knucklehead. thats like saying chris is only here because he sells alot of throttle bodies and ported manifolds. dont be a retard. just because he comes here doesnt mean hes just here to drum up business. ive never once seen him solicit his products outside the for sale section.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »

Internet marketing/promotion has nothing to do with RICKP. This is done in countless companies, it's just another division of sales. The only difference is some of us can help people who dont have a job and have little else to do but post on forums. So far we've had 43 emails from people on here interested. As I'm assuming some people on here (especially those unemployed) could use some extra money, that is only reason I posted it.

Do internet marketing. Some of us pay better than food stamps for decent and appropriate forum/related marketing & promotion. If you've got big post counts on good forums (high PR rank), you can also get payed to put relevent links in your signatures (1 min year commitment) type thing. Need more info, email me admin@mandrelbends.com.

/
/
No.

You don't understand the source of our gripe against Richard Potter, at all.  WPPF/rawr is the guy who started turbothis.net in rebellion against the censorship that accompanies an environment conducive to advertisement, and it happened a long, long time before any of us knew who Rick P was. 

While I understand the need for reputable suppliers of raw materials, and a lot of us appreciate the hell out of companies like yours that supply us with excellent deals on such, this is a DIY forum and advertising is the only thing required to ruin this place.   Your presentation of being a walking e-billboard whore for people and product that we'd have no relationship with outside of getting a paycheck for playing along is morally repugnant.   You may get emails/pms from people asking how they can get paid for advertising, but this forum gets posts from people who don't understand that china turbos are junk.  It's one and the same, and it doesn't fly here.

No offense, I enjoy hearing your input on a number of different aspects.  It's a lot like talking to a Chris Harris who went into manufacturing instead of sales.  I like Chris, he's my friend, but his perspective on business is what caused him to fuck up with respect to this site's membership.   I see the same flaws in you, sir.  You are not a bad person.  You have much of interest to share with us.  You obviously see something of merit in this site, beyond mere sales.  But I don't think you fully understand the blue collar mentality found here, and I'm trying to illustrate that clearly so you don't have to endure how volatile this place can be when you take a misstep.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »

Maybe corey will get it if he reads it again.

sfa22r

« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2010, 03:37:19 PM »

I enjoy freebasing Old Bay seasoning

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »

where is he soliciting his products again? i cant see it?

all i see is him offering someone money to put his link in thier sig ON OTHER FORUMS.

did you wanna make that point yet or what?

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »

where is he soliciting his products again? i cant see it?

all i see is him offering someone money to put his link in thier sig ON OTHER FORUMS.

did you wanna make that point yet or what?

well no since that wasn't my point i didn't bother with it.  what i was trying to point out was the fact that he wasn't worried with this forum specifically because it doesn't rank highly on search forums.  In other words from what he said hes not worried with "changing anything" cause it wouldn't be profitable to him, not cause of ethics or tact, just money.  thats where the Rick P thing came in. 

Figured since that was written like 5 times it would be plain but its cool.  you get it now?

bigwig

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2010, 04:06:22 PM »

For $8/hr you should expect as much as you get from some Chinese made turbo gear.  Not a lot.  No matter what you think/say/want/desire, money makes the world go 'round.  If you pay someone $8/hr and expect something more than a wasteoid or a 16 year old, then you are being unreasonable.  The only way to get decent productivity at a low wage is some sort of incentive.  If you can't pay them in dollars, then you have to offer experience.  Whether the experience is hanging out in a cool environment or learning something that will help in the future.  Why do you think people work for $60k in NYC investment firms while clocking in 90hr weeks?  They do it in hopes of a big bonus, but even if they don't get it, they can turn around move to somewhere else in the world with a big name on their resume.

I'm not even bothering with the personal stuff you guys want to dig into.  All I know is, every job I've ever left was because I quit or the place shut down.  Every job I quit called me back asking me to come back.  Every boss I've had complimented me on my work ethic and openly said they wished their other employees were more like me.  I know I don't have to settle for a $8/hr job.  In 2 years that could change.  Right now, I have my relative freedom.  I worked at a job I didn't like and saved my money despite wanting to spend it on various things for 2 years so that I could provide myself with options now.  I'm going to enjoy the time I've provided myself.

Also, I'd appreciate everyone backing off our friend from Mandrel-Bends.  He sponsors the forum, doesn't over solicit his products, and when he posts something industry related, I enjoy reading it.  God forbid the guy have a few ideas on how to make his business more profitable.  Maybe he should take away that 15% discount we get to make up the difference.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2010, 04:13:01 PM »

They pay doesn't and shouldn't reflect the quality of worker it will attract...

If unemployment is down, obviously the best workers will go to the best paying jobs.  If unemployment is up, you can get damn good workers for little pay because they're happy to work...  Similar to the whole supply/demand thing.

I've worked jobs ranging from $5.50 an hour to over $20 an hour, and I've always worked just as hard...  You aren't guaranteed to get poor workers for paying less, it's just more likely.  Not everyone is "too good" to work a lower paying job or think they should do a shitty job for pay they aren't happy with.

If you have a job, do it your best and be happy with it.  If you aren't happy, then find another fucking job, don't treat the job you have like shit.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2010, 04:34:50 PM »

I didn't mean to attack the guy, just the specific thing he said in reguards to what JD wrote.  I dont know how he runs his business and im not going to comment on it because of such. nothing personal there.

and as far as "getting what you pay for" i agree.  you put in Hard work you get back hard work.  so thinking that 8 an hour jobs aren't good starting points or aren't worth your time IMO go against that mentality to a certain degree.

Money does sorta make the world go round to a degree but you don't just get to make lots of it for nothing.  you work hard and what you get is a function of what you put in.  Not willing to start at teh bottom or work your way up then you don't get any.  simple as that.

the jersey thing was my attempt at a joke.  Bad placement i suppose considering the rant right before it, text doesn't convey tone but dont cry. geez

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »

Why do you think people work for $60k in NYC investment firms while clocking in 90hr weeks?  They do it in hopes of a big bonus, but even if they don't get it, they can turn around move to somewhere else in the world with a big name on their resume.

yeah and they'd probably sell their mothers for profit too.  Sometimes i put in work just to be a part of the community.  Not just to solely benefit or profit from it.  saddens me that it makes me a minority.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2010, 05:20:09 PM »

Is there a paid relocation offer in this package?  :P

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »

Slumming?  No.  The only things I think about you are you don't get what I tried to relate, which I kind of expected.

/
/
No.

mandrel-bends

• Columbia River Mandrel Bending
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2010, 07:26:40 PM »

And you don't seem to get that I'm just simply offering people who don't have work, unemployment or even ramen in some cases, some additional work. I don't care about the rest of it. I am employer. I have 17 people I am responsible for. I don't like seeing good people suffer.
Columbia River Mandrel Bending
CNC Mandrel Bending &ampamp Precision Waterjet Cutting
http://www.mandrelbends.com

sfa22r

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »

Can this conversation switch to making fun of N/A Mike's lazy ass?

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2010, 08:09:42 PM »

Yeah subject change from mandrel-bends...  From what I can tell he doesn't whore himself here and only mentioned it because it's related to the topic.

Not being able to find a job is still a strange concept to me.  I've never held a job anywhere outside of this area, so maybe my view is a bit small, but I've never had a problem finding a job.  Might be shitty but jobs always seem to be available.

chris

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »

Yes Ill buy you beer at buck night and introduce you to some of chico state nastiest whores

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2010, 08:21:36 PM »

Yes Ill buy you beer at buck night and introduce you to some of chico state nastiest whores

Oh shat, sold. Now moving out there would only cost me half a years pay at $8 an hr haha

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2010, 12:33:35 AM »

I don't care about the rest of it.

Then why do you come here?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up