:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: getting out of a cell phone contract  (Read 8836 times)

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: getting out of a cell phone contract
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 06:27:14 AM »

reported for anal zinging.

Oh, and you can get a smartphone with Verizon without a data plan.

It requires 1 phone call.

:noel:

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 01:05:01 PM »

AT&T is just like T-Mobile.  they work in very select areas and may be good there and in some Large major citys but generaly speaking for pretty much anywhere in teh country they are a waste of money.  I dont know a sole that has AT&T or T-Mobile that likes it but they get to have iPhones and Sidekicks so they stay.  ...and borrow my sprint phone anytime we are in a Building/store/dwelling and they need to return a call their phones dropped.

Verizon or Sprint if you want to actually use your phone places.  Only time i have issues at all with sprint is when im in a spot that has a data center or something like that.

If you want a nice steady bill go on a joint plan.  I had a plan with them for 1000 anytimes free nights weekends Lots of texts yada yada your average middle of the road plan and never ever paid the same amount twice.  they would always find charges somewhere and rape me.  I signed my wife up and we went joint with pretty much the same exact plan and it never happened again.  Share your plan and the Bill stays regular.

What kind of uppity white man gets pissy about 40 cents and ditches it for iCrap anyway?

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »

Eh, well, Sprint here has the reputation for being utter shit.  Maybe it's improved but I haven't known anyone that's used them in the past few years.

I drove from Georgia to Wisconsin and had my Tmob service the entire way.  Yeah, it's a somewhat limited view, but as long as I can get where I want without losing service, I'm satisfied.  The fact I'm paying $85 for unlimited everything (data/messaging/voice/etc) makes it even nicer.  Their data tech rollouts are my only complaint...last one to get 3G, but fortunately I can get it even out in the country here.  Most others aren't so lucky.

I worked for AT&T in the past and won't ever use their service :/  Have been with tmob since it was voicestream.  Verizon I think does have the best coverage, but they are also the most expensive, you get what you pay for.  Verizon has been known to make you pay to enable features that are built into the phone (gps, for example), their prices are highest, and you can't use data/voice at the same time (last I checked).  My tmob coverage is just as good here, cheaper, they suck my dick since I've been with them so long, and  in the rare occurrence that I need data/voice at the same time (out somewhere, have someone on the phone, deciding movie times, etc) it's an option.

I know some people satisfied with Corr or those other tiny cheap companies simply because they have coverage where they spend 99% of their year, and it's like $50 for unlimited everything.

Just have to look at what the best option is for your area...

Phate

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »

The iPhone is a piece of shit.  I love how the apple acts like the new features they added to the newest version of the iphone aren't things that other phones have been capable of for years.  "Holy shit, the iphone can copy and paste text now!"  "holy shit, you can do other things while you are still in a call!"  My old ass sidekick 3 can do that.  There are very few phones that can't.  I'm just sick of the generally pretentious faggotry that seems to go along with apple products.

I do have to say though, the Droid is impressive, which I find to be a rarity with newer phones.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

ifly87

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 02:30:12 PM »

LOL holy shit....

Yeah I plan on getting a new one if I switch to verizon, I didnt even know they had a GSM network. I bought this old 3g, and signed up monthly just to see if I liked the whole "iphone craze" which I found is actually pretty cool. So yeah I know you cant use the same iphone from AT&T on verizons network.
Sorry dirtyturbopantyripper, you are banned from using this forum!
You are banned! K Series >gtgt D Series

Lol...Fags

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »

ATT sucks so much cock i dont care what phones they have

junkyard racer

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »

What kind of uppity white man gets pissy about 40 cents and ditches it for iCrap anyway?

It was either bitch about $.40 or pay almost 300 bucks to end a contract. I am sure you have never haggled a few bucks in your life.

::)

The iPhone is a piece of shit.  I love how the apple acts like the new features they added to the newest version of the iphone aren't things that other phones have been capable of for years.  "Holy shit, the iphone can copy and paste text now!"  "holy shit, you can do other things while you are still in a call!"  My old ass sidekick 3 can do that.  There are very few phones that can't.  I'm just sick of the generally pretentious faggotry that seems to go along with apple products.

I do have to say though, the Droid is impressive, which I find to be a rarity with newer phones.

You are pretty ignorant.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »

Do tell as I would have got the Omnia when it came out, but would also like the Droid.

AT&T is just like T-Mobile.  they work in very select areas and may be good there and in some Large major citys but generaly speaking for pretty much anywhere in teh country they are a waste of money.  I dont know a sole that has AT&T or T-Mobile that likes it but they get to have iPhones and Sidekicks so they stay.  ...and borrow my sprint phone anytime we are in a Building/store/dwelling and they need to return a call their phones dropped.

Verizon or Sprint if you want to actually use your phone places.  Only time i have issues at all with sprint is when im in a spot that has a data center or something like that.

If you want a nice steady bill go on a joint plan.  I had a plan with them for 1000 anytimes free nights weekends Lots of texts yada yada your average middle of the road plan and never ever paid the same amount twice.  they would always find charges somewhere and rape me.  I signed my wife up and we went joint with pretty much the same exact plan and it never happened again.  Share your plan and the Bill stays regular.

I loved my T-mobile service. Good priced and decent phones, but as you said I had some areas where I wouldn't have service. We went on vacation to Gatlinburg for a week and my phone would have no service sitting at the lodge and my brothers phone with Verizon had service. Other than the rare places I didn't have service I like it, not to mention with my MDA at the time I had unlimited interweb for $5 a month

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »

Do tell as I would have got the Omnia when it came out, but would also like the Droid.

You order the phone on the website, they add the data plan automatically. You get your next bill then call them up and bitch about the charge getting added to your phone. State it showed up as compatible with your current plan when you ordered it. They say, we can do it but we have to put a data block on your line.

You say, thanks, as I didn't want it anyway.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »

I really don't see the point of having a smartphone without the data plan, but that's just me.

I have to pay $35 a month for the unlimited data/messaging, which sucks, but i get my money's worth.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »

I really don't see the point of having a smartphone without the data plan, but that's just me.

I have to pay $35 a month for the unlimited data/messaging, which sucks, but i get my money's worth.

Use WiFi for the data. I generally don't have a need to check email while I'm driving down the road.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »

You order the phone on the website, they add the data plan automatically. You get your next bill then call them up and bitch about the charge getting added to your phone. State it showed up as compatible with your current plan when you ordered it. They say, we can do it but we have to put a data block on your line.

Their website has said for awhile that it requires a data plan beside the phones so not sure if this would work. Plus if you get a data block that means no picture messages. Which brings me to another complaint. Verizon charges $20 a month for unlimited text and multimedia messages, but if you don't have a data plan they will tack on a $2.99 MB fee EVERY month unless you call and bitch about it every month. I wish someone would start up a class action law suit as I think that's some shady shit.

Well you can still use WiFi, but not to mention you get the other features. You have had a smart phone for a good while, you don't understand what it's like going back to a regular phone. The OS sucks ass and the lack of apps sucks. If I was in the position that I was out on the road or away from home a lot then the data plan would be ok, but I see no point in being forced to pay for something I don't need at the moment.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »

Use WiFi for the data. I generally don't have a need to check email while I'm driving down the road.

What about when you're using the free Google navigation driving down the road?  How will I get pussy shots from sluts at work without having data for MMS?  Checking up on an ebay auction that's ending soon while not in a wifi accessible area?  Server crashes and need to log into SSH to take care of it?  Emails from customers?  Need to tether?  etc etc

Understand it's not something everyone needs or sees as worth the money, but I find it pretty useful.  $35 a month is a bit high, but they have the most lenient data cap (every provider has one, tmobs is at 9GB/mo last I checked) and I use the hell out of SMS which would have cost me $10-15/mo anyway for unlimited.

And yeah AT&T did the same shit with data if you weren't under a plan.  This was years ago, but they used to charge $0.01/kb  Being that a typical web page, MMS, or youtube video is easily 100+ kb, you're looking at at least a dollar every time.  Heard so much bitching about that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:16:09 PM by Jorsher »

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41:30 PM »

What about when you're using the free Google navigation driving down the road?  How will I get pussy shots from sluts at work without having data for MMS?  Checking up on an ebay auction that's ending soon while not in a wifi accessible area?  Server crashes and need to log into SSH to take care of it?  Emails from customers?  Need to tether?  etc etc

Understand it's not something everyone needs or sees as worth the money, but I find it pretty useful.  $35 a month is a bit high, but they have the most lenient data cap (every provider has one, tmobs is at 9GB/mo last I checked) and I use the hell out of SMS which would have cost me $10-15/mo anyway for unlimited.

And yeah AT&T did the same shit with data if you weren't under a plan.  This was years ago, but they used to charge $0.01/kb  Being that a typical web page, MMS, or youtube video is easily 100+ kb, you're looking at at least a dollar every time.  Heard so much bitching about that.

Theres not alot of geeks here  :noel: But I understand your concern. I use my droid 3g everywhere. SIP calling FTW
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »

I have T-mobile, had then forever. 50/month for unlimited phone service. It works 99.5% of the time, but I don't go anywhere. There have been a few places where I had no service that I thought it was pretty stupid to not have service at. But for the price, it works. I have a computer, so I use it instead of having a smartphone. Cheaper, bigger screen, faster.... I don't see how people can pay 130/month for a phone.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »

Cheaper, bigger screen, faster.... I don't see how people can pay 130/month for a phone.

$50 - unlimited voice
$35 - unlimited data/messaging

I wouldn't pay $130/mo either :P

Obviously when I'm near a PC, I prefer to use the 3.6ghz quad, 8gb ram, 26" 1900x1200 LCD and full keyboard...

Not always available when I need it.

Theres not alot of geeks here  :noel: But I understand your concern. I use my droid 3g everywhere. SIP calling FTW

I do geek about gadgets.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 08:58:02 PM »

Yeah I agree if you are in the position that you need it then it is well worth it. Hell when I had my MDA it stayed connected to the web 90% of the time. My only complaint is that they are forcing you to buy something you might not need. I mean even if 75% of the phones purpose is data based, why does it matter if I want the phone?

Verizon is $20 for text and the data is another $30. So $50 right off the top which doesn't include your regular phone service. The data plan should include text which is another BS thing.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Their website has said for awhile that it requires a data plan beside the phones so not sure if this would work. Plus if you get a data block that means no picture messages. Which brings me to another complaint. Verizon charges $20 a month for unlimited text and multimedia messages, but if you don't have a data plan they will tack on a $2.99 MB fee EVERY month unless you call and bitch about it every month. I wish someone would start up a class action law suit as I think that's some shady shit.

[/quote]

Worked just fine for me.

I email pictures via wifi. Receive them the same way.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »

Worked just fine for me.

I email pictures via wifi. Receive them the same way.

Yeah that might work, but not sending MMS could get old. If I was around WiFi a lot I guess it wouldn't matter. Either way eventually I'll just switch back to T-Mobile as the only reason I switched was most the people I talked to had Verizon so it was cheaper, but now that almost all of them have cheap unlimited plans and/or the "my circle" thing there is not point.

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:04 AM »

how the hell are you getting unlimited texts for 20 bucks, around here it states they want like 50 bucks or some retarded shit.

and i agree that the data plan should include texts and shit.
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 03:16:45 AM »

how the hell are you getting unlimited texts for 20 bucks, around here it states they want like 50 bucks or some retarded shit.

and i agree that the data plan should include texts and shit.

You talking to me? If so last time I checked unlimited text was only $20 with Verizon.

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 05:13:21 AM »

shit i swear that shit was more, unless theyve changed it in the last month.

just saw they have a talk and unlimited text plan, which means my bill should be 10 bucks cheaper, damn assholes, im calling them tomorrow.
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 11:44:31 AM »

Sprint?  Checked the coverage maps here for shits and giggles since they have 450 min + unlimited calling to mobiles + unlimited data/messaging for $15 cheaper than what I'm paying...  In this area no thanks.  Tmob has better coverage.  I'm not ballin hard enough to pay Verizon.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:35:13 PM by Jorsher »

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »

49.99 unlimited data+text+pic messgages whatever
500 anytime mins, unlimited nights after 6, unlimited weekends

sprint puts in work, unless you need to talk to someone.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »

Verizon or Sprint if you want to actually use your phone places.  Only time i have issues at all with sprint is when im in a spot that has a data center or something like that.[\quote]

Sprint?  Checked the coverage maps here for shits and giggles since they have 450 min + unlimited calling to mobiles + unlimited data/messaging for $15 cheaper than what I'm paying...  In this area no thanks.  Tmob has better coverage.  I'm not ballin hard enough to pay Verizon.

Yeah, Verizon is a bit more spendy here than Sprint.  I think its based off local some areas AT&T and T-Mob are contenders but for the large part in VA you get sprint or verizon.  Unless you travel through Rural area in which case you're only choice is Verizon cause they are the only ones who will work out in the sticks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:06:14 PM by 97Econobox »

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 11:07:30 PM »

Verizon or Sprint if you want to actually use your phone places.  Only time i have issues at all with sprint is when im in a spot that has a data center or something like that.[\quote]

Yeah, Verizon is a bit more spendy here than Sprint.  I think its based off local some areas AT&T and T-Mob are contenders but for the large part in VA you get sprint or verizon.  Unless you travel through Rural area in which case you're only choice is Verizon cause they are the only ones who will work out in the sticks.

Thats cause Verizon is the shit, and with there lowered prices it makes it even better 69.99 for unlimited talk isnt bad for them anyways
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 02:49:08 AM »

You idiots with your IPhones are getting on my nerves.
Biggest waste of money I have ever seen.
It's a fucking fad like short shorts, facegook and the mohawk.

You forgot "perfect stance" in your rant, Frenchie.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2010, 03:07:12 AM »

You idiots with your IPhones are getting on my nerves.
Biggest waste of money I have ever seen.
It's a fucking fad like short shorts, facegook and the mohawk.

You forgot "perfect stance" in your rant, Frenchie.

HELLAFLUSH
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up