:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: sbc blow through chevy short wide box update 4-3-12  (Read 34285 times)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: sbc blow through chevy short wide box update 7-2-10
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »

Oh boy, what did Johnny delete?

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »

I saw that last night and thought, "FUCK im to late" :noel:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2010, 08:15:16 PM »

I don't think he deleted anything, I think he failed at posting those pics, and had linked them through facebook.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2010, 08:21:08 PM »

I don't think he deleted anything, I think he failed at posting those pics, and had linked them through facebook.

Truth.
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

ringlands
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »

opera mobile doesnt make it easy to get the facebook pic urls
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2010, 10:34:47 PM »

Lots of classic Blissfaggot talking out of his ass.

Thanks for the lols.

LS1pwNzJ00

• FagoJon is queer bait
  • Certified OG
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »

Looks like you were up against one car.
http://<ltltimg src="quotquothttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b3icaMwV1qzy9ouo1_500.jpg"quotquot nbspnbsp width="quotquot200"quotquot height="quotquot400"quotquot>gtgt

Cadracer

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2010, 02:23:57 AM »

Your fucking retarded if you think a btm is a good idea. Shows how much experience you have with anything remotely fast. First off anyone with forced induction experience will tell you what a pile the btm is. Please install one and tell us when that diaphragm breaks and takes out your super alloy sandcast junk sbc pistons. Or are you gonna blame the smoke on inferior valve seals like the rest of your cousins. If I have to explain to you why 0 degrees is a bad idea then it's not worth my time. Let me guess your using the factory advance springs still. You think having a spring counterweighted advance curve in a turbo car is a good idea? No wonder everything you do fails. In for blown ringland and cracked piston pictures.

Well time for me to chime in on the btm . Got it on 3 different motors and it has worked flawless. Have run a total of 18psi through it and never given me a problem. Runs daily 14 psi on it now and works great with timing at 14 base and with stock hei dist  triggering the btm box. no vacum advance just let the weights throw in the advance and i pull out 2 degrees max when im ripping on it. And yes this is a blow throw setup  with a wide band  and she never has an issue running lean unless the holley blue cant keep up due to restricted fuel line from the  stock tank  sending unit.
boosted 11.1 sbc in 12psi  melts pistons when you run out of fuel not because of the btm. That was before i got the wide band installed. Doesnt matter if i melt it down hell sbc  are cheap to build.

nos10racer

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2010, 12:37:07 AM »

Your fucking retarded if you think a btm is a good idea. Shows how much experience you have with anything remotely fast. First off anyone with forced induction experience will tell you what a pile the btm is. Please install one and tell us when that diaphragm breaks and takes out your super alloy sandcast junk sbc pistons. Or are you gonna blame the smoke on inferior valve seals like the rest of your cousins. If I have to explain to you why 0 degrees is a bad idea then it's not worth my time. Let me guess your using the factory advance springs still. You think having a spring counterweighted advance curve in a turbo car is a good idea? No wonder everything you do fails. In for blown ringland and cracked piston pictures.

Well time for me to chime in on the btm . Got it on 3 different motors and it has worked flawless. Have run a total of 18psi through it and never given me a problem. Runs daily 14 psi on it now and works great with timing at 14 base and with stock hei dist  triggering the btm box. no vacum advance just let the weights throw in the advance and i pull out 2 degrees max when im ripping on it. And yes this is a blow throw setup  with a wide band  and she never has an issue running lean unless the holley blue cant keep up due to restricted fuel line from the  stock tank  sending unit.
boosted 11.1 sbc in 12psi  melts pistons when you run out of fuel not because of the btm. That was before i got the wide band installed. Doesnt matter if i melt it down hell sbc  are cheap to build.

holley blues suck ass

79fairmont

• Certified OG
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »

Holley blue and 14 psi? What's your fp under boost with that set up?

Cadracer

« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »

between 45 and 48 psi  under boost. Got a fuel pump off a csi  injected mercedes and runs quieter than the blue also and produced more fuel pressure. Got a camera system fro my work with 5 cameras and so im gonna have video coverage of  all points of the truck while shes out and about. Got to do another marine motor install  and then i will have time to work on her to tweak on it some more. 20psi  boost ;D   wonder how far i can push the 305? :o

nos10racer

« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »

between 45 and 48 psi  under boost. Got a fuel pump off a csi  injected mercedes and runs quieter than the blue also and produced more fuel pressure. Got a camera system fro my work with 5 cameras and so im gonna have video coverage of  all points of the truck while shes out and about. Got to do another marine motor install  and then i will have time to work on her to tweak on it some more. 20psi  boost ;D   wonder how far i can push the 305? :o

:noel:   :yes:

thats awesome !! you still running the vortecs ?

Cadracer

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2010, 12:47:28 AM »

Yes  i am  got a forged 11.1 sbc that i got some dart track 1 heads  with 2.08 an 1.6  valves and a solid roller cam looking for some boost love. All sitting on the engine stand waiting for its time. The caddy sits right beside it towering over it lol ;D 520 cubes decisions of what to install. the trans has the 3600 stall converter which works great for the small block but a lil big for the caddy im thinking 2500 stall  for it cuz it build lots of torque down low.After next week i will see what one i gonna put together to drop in. Working on the stand alone vortec fuel injection setup waiting on the guy to reprogram the pcm for my setup. Now that would rock  its sefi and vortec with boost.

May end up modifing my caddy intake with injectors  and wiring them in  see to many options  got delimas.  lol 8)

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2010, 05:26:43 AM »

I can tell you from personal experience that a small block convertor will stall to about 2300 behind a 500 (actually 514) caddy.
Thow in the caddy, and boost that. Just do something about those god awful valve springs, or you'll blow em open. literally, they're that shitty.
  Give Jerry Potter a call (http://www.cadillacperformanceparts.com), he's done some sick shit with the caddy platform.  They are a GREAT bunch of guys, and I have done countless hours of personal work in their shop (buddies project car), free of charge, and even had help from them in a few places on the car. Advice from knowledgeable, older racers is irreplaceable. His son Richard is a genious as well, but had quite a scandal for a while concerning his "habit" and not turning out work. Stay away from him at all costs. He's fucked alot of people, some of who I know very well.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:37:15 AM by keelay »
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

Cadracer

« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »

I got the valve system already taken care of. they hold up good to 6k but need to keep the damn rockers from falling off.
run it to 4500 then shift it  maked all the torque between 2600 and 4000 so when i grab next gear shes in the middle of the 550 ft lbs torque curve.  Had the setup together running na for awhile and now i am just addinq boost to it. 9.5 -1  with forged dish pistons and h beam rods  arp head bolts and arp main studs. Rear sump 8 qt oil pan with a set of sanderson headers and a one off dual quad aluminum high rise for dual 650 holleys end to end not side ways.  I will start a thread on the build.

68 TURBO truck up for sale 4500.00  any takers?

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »

Talk to Johnny?
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2010, 11:44:28 PM »

say goodbye to this engine its being retired and will be used on a different rig at some point in time

say hello to L98 + turbo/sc + 700r4.

i want to start driving the truck almost all the time because i like it a lot. gets shitty mileage how it is and i hate having to keep tuning it because of the 60 degree day and 110 degree the next day, hoping with 308ish gears 700r4 and the fuel injected motor it will be at least 20mpg if not more hopefully 25.

i am going to put a cam and my old heads on the L98 engine.

i want to make this a sweet cruiser and i failed with this lumpy ass huge cam NA motor + turbo it used a ton of gas and i am getting sick of the open dp and it running different from month to month and especially the low gears and 3 speed

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: sbc blow through chevy short wide box update 8-25-10
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »

Looks bad ass man! I want to see some rippers!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Cadracer

« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »

OK  guess i will be the only one with a turboed sbc.  Just an update the 305 now injestes 20 psi of boost and looks for more.

5.30 rt
2.12  60 ft
7.21  1/8th
79.9 mph

Gonna turn it up to 25psi here when weather permits.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »

OK  guess i will be the only one with a turboed sbc.  Just an update the 305 now injestes 20 psi of boost and looks for more.

5.30 rt
2.12  60 ft
7.21  1/8th
79.9 mph

Gonna turn it up to 25psi here when weather permits.

L98 is a sbc! lol

Cadracer

« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »

taking the easy way out  gonna do fuel injection. Never had an issue with fuel concern on my tune from different weather.Maybe i got lucky and tweaked my carb just right.  aint l98 the gm code for the tbi ?

Did you ever dyno it or run it at the track? did it pull better than the mustang? 700r4 wont lie to long just lunched second gear on my trans time for the 400 with trans brake

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »

taking the easy way out  gonna do fuel injection. Never had an issue with fuel concern on my tune from different weather.Maybe i got lucky and tweaked my carb just right.  aint l98 the gm code for the tbi ?

Did you ever dyno it or run it at the track? did it pull better than the mustang? 700r4 wont lie to long just lunched second gear on my trans time for the 400 with trans brake

l98 is the tpi.

i <3 fuel injection. if i was better at tuning carbs for blow through i might not care as much

when i was running around 10 psi it did pull pretty hard, i need to swap rear ends still... it does lay nice 2nd gear rolling rubber... locked rear end makes it go super squirrelly when it lets go

random-strike

• Certified OG
Re: sbc blow through chevy short wide box update 4-3-12
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2012, 03:15:53 AM »

still runs, runs like a raped ape 10lbs.

broke flexplate about a month ago haven't replaced yet, weather has been horrible.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2012, 03:19:05 AM »

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »

Bring that pile of shit to the dyno day princess  :O)
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »

i also put straight 3" exhaust with the turn downs in the back like it was before. they are just 3" now with no muffler

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up