:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: injector missing plastic tip cover. Then blows the fuck up!!!!!!!!  (Read 2020 times)

Ghetto_D

• Certified OG
  • Ho Chi Minh Shoot a Load on your CHin

I was swapping out the intake manifold gasket on the bmw and started cleaning all the gunk off the injector tips, when one of the plastic tips just cracked off.

The needle looks fine, my question is does. The missing cover affect the spraypattern or is it fine andi should stop beeing a pussy and just throw them back in?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:19:23 PM by Ghetto_D »

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: injector missing plastic tip cover.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:21 AM »

Plastic cover is a insulator to keep the injector cooler.

So it does not affect the spray pattern.  :noel:

JaredKaragen

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »

Plastic cover is a insulator to keep the injector cooler.

So it does not affect the spray pattern.  :noel:
Usually it's to protect the pintle from accidental drop damage.  Totally fine.  Motors chew them up all the time and spit em into the cat.

Ghetto_D

• Certified OG
  • Ho Chi Minh Shoot a Load on your CHin
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »

I think the damn injector is stuck open?  I started the car and it turned on, but started to stumble and backfire  real bad, and it smelled like unburnt fuel the vapors hurt my eyes and nose. i let it run for a few mins and then i saw the injector piss out a stream of fuel from the bottom where it plugs into the intake manifold.

Went to turn the bitch off and it cought fire. it was a nice quick flash, fallowed by a 1 foot flame, was in the carport and i took my shirt off and started trying to put the flame out, it smothered it a bit then i poured a gallon of window washing fluid and that did the job. Theres no visible damage and the fire only lasted 10 seconds at the most.

Time to go to the junk yard and pick up some free injectors.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
Re: injector missing plastic tip cover. Then blows the fuck up!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:06:01 AM »

not having a fire extinguisher in your car
 ::)
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

chris

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:20:18 PM »

I dont know I have replaced so many cracked/broken tip Honda injectors and the cars all did the same thing ran terrible on that one cylinder. Got a uncracked one do my trailer park injector cleaning process and they ran fine

Im no injector scholar but those tips are there for a reason.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »

If they're cracked, it's usually for a reason. If they get dropped just right, the plastic cracks & the pintle gets bent. Since they use some very hard metals, the pintle also likes to crack where you can't see.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

chris

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »

I actually had a motor I built for a guy get washed out rings from a broken tip Honda oem injector. Again Im no injector guy just basic repair work those cracked tip injectors are scrap.

catsman50

• perpetual noob
  • im a terrorist
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »

ive never heard of this happening and I have messed with alot of these things......
I think the damn injector is stuck open?  I started the car and it turned on, but started to stumble and backfire  real bad, and it smelled like unburnt fuel the vapors hurt my eyes and nose. i let it run for a few mins and then i saw the injector piss out a stream of fuel from the bottom where it plugs into the intake manifold.

Went to turn the bitch off and it cought fire. it was a nice quick flash, fallowed by a 1 foot flame, was in the carport and i took my shirt off and started trying to put the flame out, it smothered it a bit then i poured a gallon of window washing fluid and that did the job. Theres no visible damage and the fire only lasted 10 seconds at the most.

Time to go to the junk yard and pick up some free injectors.

sounds like u just needed new seals.............
FUCK VOLKSWAGEN'#039#039S

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 04:51:03 AM »

i just read. blah blah blah.... blah blah... BMW... blah blah blawhaaaa?!  You picked up a BMW albert?
Pages: [1]   Go Up