:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: turbohf ~ build #3 "EKK24" thats a K-series fuckers! :P  (Read 19533 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
turbohf ~ build #3 "EKK24" thats a K-series fuckers! :P
« on: September 03, 2012, 10:50:59 PM »

forum is a little slow guys, POST YOUR SHIT UP!

there has been some talk about this one. and it is for real.

YES it will be a K-swapped Honda. NO this isnt a big budget HondaTuning build. YES it will do dirty 3rds (probably 4th, maybe 5th lol). im still a fuckin JEW. i seen a sig on another forum that said "K-series + turbo isnt for the cheap", i seen that as a CHALLENGE  :Jew:

"EKK24" is a play on the HASport numbering system on there mounts. this will be using EKK2 mounts. and will be a 2.4L... or maybe that its a EK with a K24... whatever.

the newest victim:

she is kinda a bucket. gonna need some minor touchups and definitely some paint. but that will be last.

wheels did not come with the car. those are the ones that i think that i bought for this car, they have been on the GVR4 for the last month or 2. cuz they fit, and why not?
i think they look good? should i keep them on the EK, or swap them back to the Galant and get something else?

speaking of shit that didnt come with, here is shit that did lol.

wow, shit ass pic lol. OEM fender, aftermarket, ehh front bumper, extra subframe, hubs, brakes, steering column, etc... he kinda just filled the back of the car on the way out lol.

:Jew:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:23:26 AM by turbohf »
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf ~ build #3 "EKK24"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »

current money shot

there was a built LSVTEC in here a while back. been sitting for like a year.

started tearing into her already.

pile of shit to start with. anything you see there is forsale. i dont need any of it. engine harness, jumper harness, ground wires, extra brackets, AC evap, hoses, heater valve?? slave, mount... just random shit.

mentioned this before

92-95 Civic non-power steering rack and crossmember. i will be running EKK2 style mounts (dont have them yet tho, someone sell me some cheap!). buddy i got the car from happened to have a 94 Civic DX parts car, told him it needed to donate the rack to my cause LOL. he got it up in the air, i did most the pulling. he threw all the crap in the back of the EK before it left. so i got useless knuckles/brakes/UCA's and shit too.
anyway. cleaned it up some with some simple green. nothing too crazy.

ok, some WTF are these in the pics...

big ass metal pipe with the fuel lines (above heater core)? where/what is that? guessing vent to charcoal box? what do i do with it?

same with these? im thinking these just go under the crossmember and stop. just pull them when the crossmember is out the way, and garbage?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:12:28 PM by turbohf »
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:49:27 AM »

FUCK YOU!!!!

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:10 AM »

Fuck yea, baller on a budget!  :Jew:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

1CRX2NV

• Redneck
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »

Bottom picture is vents from canister to atmosphere.. Don't do shit.. Top photo is I am not sure I'll look tomm and see what they are for..
thats not canada, thats toronto. Any farther east then saskatchewan it doesn'#039#039t count.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »

thanks guys.

FUCK YOU! hey, btw. that thing is heavy lol.

yup, empty.

also, if you didnt know. shit is WAY easier to take apart than to put back together. i put it back in as one piece, and it doesnt balance on the jack very well. seem to remember my GTI one balancing pretty well. anyway got it back in. think i got all the bolts, ill be checking everything over many times before its even close to driving.

everything fits in there champ. alignment is shit lol. only thing i noticed is that when i was jacking it up in there it bent the shit out of the charcoal canister bracket. my bad, should have cut it off to begin with.

as a bonus, this crossmember was loaded with Energy Suspension bushings... if thats a good thing? lol its also a MANUAL steering rack. honestly, im too lazy to get power steering to work. this isnt being built as a daily. and PS racks that are "converted" are garbage.

and....yup forgot to take a pic of it installed. it was late, and tonight i was working on putting my 6-speed back together.....

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf ~ build #3 "EKK24" thats a K-series fuckers! :P
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »

cuz i feel i shorted everyone on the installed pic lol. and i cleaned up the bay a little more.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »

so, parts collection started before i even got the car, or even made the deal for the car. i figured at the very least i would start the motor/tranny/swap and turbo buildup then find something to put it in later... but i started finding all the shit i wanted a little too quickly LOL...

first up (i think?) i bought...

02 RSX-S tranny and intake manifold... i got deals. ended up being not so good on the tranny, but i got it all fixed back up, and now im going to sell it (more on that later)...

i decided i wanted to run a "VTEC Killer" setup. and i remembered that i knew someone that may have a 09 CRV head with 500miles on it... got a stupid killer deal on it lol.

still need cams, and to modify them. selling most the other crap that i dont need.

bought a Comp 3/4/5 Pressure plate in minty shape

still need to buy a disc. but thats cheap/easy. going to get a 6puck sprung.
i have a 06+ Si flywheel around here somewhere, needs resurfaced.

spotted this on ebay. dealz lol

RSX 5-speed box/cables, but all the same.

enough for now lol... but there is more...  :Jew:

btw. im refraining from posting the prices i paid for this. but this shit is stupid cheap. i have paid/sold B-series shit for high prices, shit even see D-series going for more than some of the prices i have paid for the above. shit...above post was less than $400 total..  :-*

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »

I hate you!

crxin

• RHMT
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »

hey anytime you want to pass these deals on to us, feel free....

chris

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »

I keep hearing rumors of people using old school accord/prelude shift boxes/cables for their k series swaps not to sure how valid that us

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »

I hate you!

I can not get half of the deals you get, hook a homie up every once in a while.  O0

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 11:44:55 AM »

I keep hearing rumors of people using old school accord/prelude shift boxes/cables for their k series swaps not to sure how valid that us

You only need to mod it a bit to be able to get 6th gear in. If its a 5spd K trans no moding needed.

I hate you!

hook a homie up every once in a while.  O0

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »

i keep hearing that also. couldnt find SOLID info for either way. scored this cheap. not sure if im going to use an RCREW plate or the Karcepts adapter and cut a big ass hole in the floor... probably whatever i find cheaper.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

chris

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »

obd2a 96-98 harness need one for a buddy of mine in pic?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »

obd2a 96-98 harness need one for a buddy of mine in pic?

im assuming it was for that chassis, and its a 99. its got a couple wire that need fixed too.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 12:47:52 AM »

moving this on to power production...

plan from the beginning was BOOST. cuz everything needs boost. inspiration came from a silver DC integra with a stock CRV longblock with like a 67mm turbo that showed up to one of our meets, and apparently is friends with many of mine. it was making like 500whp+ running 11.2s? on drag radials.

anyway, i found this. BNIB. cheap.

Peakboost topmount. T3 and 44mm v-band flanged. charge pipes are aluminum, flanged with a 50mm and has spot to mount a stock IAT w/ring and shit.
lots of sidewinders out there. and they do look cool. but they point the downpipe right at the brake master, kinda scares me.... oh and this was cheaper.

i guess i only have one shit ass pic of this one?

but its a TiAL 50mm BOV... infact one of my old ones. bought it back. still trying to trade it for a black one my buddy has (also use to be mine lol) but isnt budging yet.

scored that little sucker on ebay after watching/missing like 5 sell for more. got a guy i know that said he can hook me up with a deal on some semi used lines, just need to mount it and measure what i need.

plan is to run a K24A1.... buddy has this one, but its missing a fair amount of shit, and im not sure i believe the story of why it was pulled... im told rings by someone else, and timing chain stretch....idk.

but again...cheap. might buy it either way. rebuild it. new rings, hone, gaskets, maybe some TSX rods for strength...

oh yeah...

car had an Si cluster in it, i said i wanted it. but now im like ehh... kinda want a baller VTi cluster. we will see i guess...

speaking of which. the car also had:
skunk2 springs on ebay sleeves?
ITR brakes in front and back
black housing headlights
plus the pile of parts above.

not much in mods i guess. he stripped a lot of stuff while it was sitting, and took even more off when i told him i didnt wanna pay for shit lol.

think thats about it for pics... i see a couple more i might save for later...  :Jew:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 02:09:50 AM »

suppose to go look at this RSX tomorrow... im told "cheap"... but idk. if i can score a real VTEC head out the deal? man, might be cool. im guessing it dropped a valve tho........or hopefully i make everyone hate me just a little bit more LOL.

NoPistons!

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »

This is fucking awesome.   Fuck rich people bringing the little guy down.  Hipster faggots with more money than balls more often than not i say!   Please, continue.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »

so i went an looked at this K20... it broke a rod. looks like the piston tapped the plug (bent ground strap). so it will need a couple valves im sure at the very least... or most? not sure.
motor is obviously cheap, but sounds like im gonna have to pull it out the car. he is iffy on the tranny that i really dont need.

This is fucking awesome.   Fuck rich people bringing the little guy down.  Hipster faggots with more money than balls more often than not i say!   Please, continue.

lol thanks.

NoPistons!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 05:33:56 PM »

THIS is what you are refering to when you say snapped rod?

HOpefully the valves didn't break and ding the shit out of the combustion chamber but you have a spare head anyway.   I know very little about these engines so i'll be lurking to see how this build turns out, bump my iq a lil bit.  =D

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 06:37:51 PM »

the one pictured is a K24A1. im told by a someone i know that it was a smoker/timing chain stretch motor with like 60k miles on it...
im told by the guy selling it that it ran fine, no smoke, timing chain stretch motor at 60k.

call it $300 w/partial trade

---

went and looked at another K yesterday, K20Z1? (RSX-S) that tossed a rod while racing. it had a plug with the gap closed on it and it was a little wet (oil/gas?). but otherwise looked fine.

hasnt gotten back to me, but i told him 100bucks for the longblock. offered...well i threw out a jew for the swap, and i told him i would help pull it. but im guessing it would be just me, with them asking stupid questions the hole time.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »

oh yeah...

got my fuel rail last night. just a billet chunk of aluminum with some holes in it.

===

i worked on the car some. tried to polish out those wear marks on the quarter panels. shit ass car cover was rubbing on it and scratched the shit out of the paint. he said it didnt look like that before the cover went on anyway. i got most of it to come out. but ehh. its still gonna need painted anyway.

i cleaned up, wet sanded, polished up the right front fender i got with the car. i HATE the side markers. so i got 2 fenders that are OEM style. only one was painted tho...

wow, what a shitty picture. lol. anyway. lines up better than the other one did. might be because i actually took a moment to make it look perfect.

ps: i wanna trade this for an ITR... lol.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 10:32:13 PM »

soo... this might be a short build, and have a change of direction... maybe some input?

been thinking, and i really want another ITR....

im rebuilding a RSX 6-speed right now, was just going to sell it. but i may have found a deal on a K20A2 motor to put with it. thinking of throwing that into the car, painting it, and trying to sell/trade it to get another ITR...

your thoughts? am i reaching too far and this wont sell/trade for that much (i dont care if its a clean title)? am i on point, and i need to go for this?

2.4l turbo will still happen either way.  :Jew:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 12:40:27 AM »

*NEED SOME OPINIONS?*

moldings? kinda wanted to paint them black, but i know someone else with a VSM coupe that just bought slims for his car, and is leaving them black. so maybe not.

SHAVED. yes. this is what i really wanna do. i wanna shave them all. make it a nice clean look to it. and im not talking some some 10lbs of bondo early 2000's shit.

CX/VX style like above. really i have only seen, or maybe just noticed it on less than a handful of EK's.

would this even be worth it? or just a big pain in my ass to do? am i getting in over my head?

other exterior looks would be painted side skirts, mirrors, EM1 lip and grill, maybe a OEM style rear lip also. not sure yet.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »

so i mentioned before that the 02-04 RSX-S 6speed i bought locally off CL was junk. it might have moved a car, but im not sure how well, or for how long.
i did get a deal on it, cuz im sure we both knew that issues could be bigger.

luckily i know some people, and got all the parts i needed, plus new OEM parts, and i work at a shop that has a press and a parts cleaner... after replacing too much shit. its back together and shifts minty both on the shifter housing, and just manually moving the synchro sliders.

all that said....... THIS IS FORSALE! lol.

===

after i had found/got the parts to fix the 6sp i found a EP3 tranny on K20A.org forsale with a Quaife for deals. claims he got it with 7miles (just seven) on it.
i find this actually believable cuz he sent me the JY receipt with the VIN and miles on it. and Honda shows having voided the warranty on it cuz it was totaled by the insurance company shortly after purchase date. he claims 5k miles on it and the quaife.

not that i didnt really believe him...

but i had to see for myself.... shifts all super butter also. not to mention being pretty damn clean.

cuz new OEM parts are cool as shit...

the 6speed needed a bracket cuz it was missing all kinds of shit. so i donated the EP3 bracket and its getting a new one. might paint it black before putting it on tho. not sure yet.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 08:46:36 AM »

I hate you!

Well played :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »

trying to get some more done here soon. but jew funds and jew deals are running low at the moment...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up