:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: turbo yamaha snowmobile  (Read 23938 times)

supra_devil

turbo yamaha snowmobile
« on: March 08, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »

TTC said i should post this up.

2008 Yamaha Nytro MTX, 4 stroke, 3 cylinder 1050cc, ITB's, stock 135ish crank HP
MCX turbo kit, 10psi of boost, ceramic coated exhaust and turbine housing, headshim to drop static compression and cams reset to eliminate overlap (more boost friendly)    extra fuel control is done through extra injectors inside the IC, one pointing into each TB, controlled with a microsquirt module.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:49:29 PM by supra_devil »

TTC

• Certified OG
Re: turbo yamaha snowmobile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »

Hurray! Now we sit and wait for v8 ae86 rippers hes building.  PS, pron.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »

Nice
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »

Speaking of turbo yamy sleds, Some one that can still get into old HMT needs to let Boyko know to come over here, I want to see how his turbo yamy sled works out.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

supra_devil

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »

the best wheelie i've ever done on a sled.   i was wheeling before i came out from behind the trees.

"this wheelie brought to you by BOOST!!"

if i had to guess a number at this time, i'd say i'm probably running around 200bhp.  thinking of making a new exhaust manifold and doing a more front mounted setup, should get faster spool up and have better response as well as freeing up the back of the sled for more storage.  would be a fun summer project.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:10:53 PM by supra_devil »

bluerex

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »

that's fucking hot

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:10 PM »

Is that an Alberta plate ic on the sled?

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:49:13 PM »

fucking shit.  :noel:

supra_devil

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »

ya its an alberta plate, no where to store the plate on this machine, so i riveted it to the tunnel.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »

ya its an alberta plate, no where to store the plate on this machine, so i riveted it to the tunnel.

Where abouts in AB? I am in Okotoks, AB about 20mins south of Calgary.

supra_devil

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:22:30 PM »

i live in edmonton but do basically all of my riding in BC.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »

Mcbride or Valemount?

The vids looked more like Mcbride then Valemount, but there is lots of the Valemount area I have not ridden.

pistol

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 11:44:06 PM »

Nice work.

Ive turbo'd a 700 polaris dragon. that thing was sick, when i ever own a sled it must be boosted

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:20:54 AM »

Nice work.

Ive turbo'd a 700 polaris dragon. that thing was sick, when i ever own a sled it must be boosted

That blew up every time it was ridden, and by every time I mean all three.  :P

turbo4life

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • trying to get a college education.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 12:30:16 AM »

that is bad ass how many gears dose that thing have?
ILL KEEP MY GUNS, FREEDOM &ampamp MONEY....YOU CAN KEEP THE "quotquotCHANGE"quotquot

NO BOOSTED RIDES!! dont drive a honda no mo!!!! miss that shit!!!

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 12:33:28 AM »

that is bad ass how many gears dose that thing have?

Sleds are a cvt so ~infinite...  ;)

supra_devil

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 01:20:58 AM »

Mcbride or Valemount?

The vids looked more like Mcbride then Valemount, but there is lots of the Valemount area I have not ridden.

yup, all those pics are Mcbride.   i just went there yesterday to the South Dore, rough ungroomed 35km trail in, but GOD DAMN it was awesome riding.   i normally ride Bell when i have novice riders with me and Renshaw the rest of the time, Lucille is ok but lots of rocks and i haven't gone back any further than the first valley.  one of these days i'll head back further with someone who knows the way.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »

Show the crash video.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »

Mcbride or Valemount?

yup, all those pics are Mcbride.   i just went there yesterday to the South Dore, rough ungroomed 35km trail in, but GOD DAMN it was awesome riding.   i normally ride Bell when i have novice riders with me and Renshaw the rest of the time, Lucille is ok but lots of rocks and i haven't gone back any further than the first valley.  one of these days i'll head back further with someone who knows the way.

I used to live in Prince George, when we came down that way to ride vs Wells, we would either ride Renshaw or Lucille. Lucille is decent once you get back aways, but is pretty novice all over. I prefer Valemount, and Wells to either, but they are both considerably further. Though from Luicelle iirc, you can ride to Wells, and is only 30Km or so as the crow fly's.

confUsed

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »

That thing must be fun! What kind of hp does it have?

Wished I could have something like that, winters would have sucked a lot less...
My english sucks

RHMT Norway

supra_devil

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 02:55:46 PM »

here's the crash video that TTC requested.   its me on my dads mountain max 700, thank god it wasn't on my machine, would have cost thousands to fix instead of a couple hundred bucks.   

confUsed, the kit is rated at 235 at .9bar, i'm only running 10psi, so i would say 200, maybe a little over.   hard to say really, but its more than enough, the stock suspension has a hard time keeping the skis down so getting even more power at this time isn't a priority.

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 11:31:30 PM »

sick build  :D
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

1Fast68

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 03:25:15 PM »

I wish we had the area around here to really use a turbo sled, but we don't. Everyone around here, including myself, for the most part rides 800cc summits, dragons/RMKs, M7,8, 1000's. So many tight tree areas you need to have instant power.

Glad to see other sled heads on here regardless. Sweet sled
 The import scene is traditionally really dumb and everyone in it thinks they’re hot shit. There have ALWAYS been domestics that could flay any import… the simple fact is when you have a car that runs 9s you dont feel the need to hunt down and impress Honda owners

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 04:33:04 PM »

I wish we had the area around here to really use a turbo sled, but we don't. Everyone around here, including myself, for the most part rides 800cc summits, dragons/RMKs, M7,8, 1000's. So many tight tree areas you need to have instant power.

I dunno, I typically ride wells and valemount, Yanks peak @ wells is about as technical mountain riding as there is. I have ridden at yanks peak: m6's, m8's (guys I ride with), summit 600's (owned this), Renegade 800's (my sisters), and I used to own a summit x 1000. I have also ridden two turbo yamaha's there: An older Apex, and an newer Nitro. The "instant power was never an issue" It was you ran out of friends real quick when you got stuck.

supra_devil

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

theres no real lag on my setup, and if i redo it then it will have even less lag.  while climbing i'm already on boost even when at part throttle so its really easy to blip the throttle to get around things.   i can tighten up the boost controller if i want and then the boost hits even quicker and harder as well.   

1Fast68

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »

I'm well aware of the lag and such that goes along with the turbo sled, Its live able, I guess the real issue becomes it would blow over the top of any hill around here like it was nothing. And while that is cool, it takes away some of the fun/challenge too.

I have ridden Brad Story/Simmons Ski's Propane powered Turbo Nytro. Fun for those long pulls, but we just don't have them around here to justify it.

The import scene is traditionally really dumb and everyone in it thinks they’re hot shit. There have ALWAYS been domestics that could flay any import… the simple fact is when you have a car that runs 9s you dont feel the need to hunt down and impress Honda owners

supra_devil

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 02:32:36 AM »

i don't even prefer long pulls and such myself either, i love sidehilling and playing in meadows and in the trees and find it does well with me riding it, i know most of the people i ride with couldn't take my machine places i do but thats just experiance.   

i don't know what turbo kit is on that sled you rode but there is a big differance between some of the kits in both turbo size, turbo location, etc.    mine is probably the smallest turbo you can get for premade Nytro kits, and then i ceramic coated the exhaust (which made a noticeable improvement)

My next sled will be light weight and 2 stoke, 450lb wet weight w/150hp+ at 5000 feet i think would be a nice ride, would be WAY easier to throw around all day than the Nytro for sure.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 04:33:22 AM »

I'm well aware of the lag and such that goes along with the turbo sled, Its live able, I guess the real issue becomes it would blow over the top of any hill around here like it was nothing. And while that is cool, it takes away some of the fun/challenge too.

I have ridden Brad Story/Simmons Ski's Propane powered Turbo Nytro. Fun for those long pulls, but we just don't have them around here to justify it.

you ever get up to cle elum area to ride you bearded fuck?
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 10:21:52 AM »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up