:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hondata S300 = shit or good?  (Read 17661 times)

fe3tcourier

Re: Hondata S300 = shit or good?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »

Yes, but you are a bit behind the curve on hardware development, sorry.  There are very few pieces of hardware on the market without some gremlins, many of which I deal with are designed by engineers who designed ECUs for OEMs.

Honestly, I can't envisage a firmware/hardware design in which you couldn't do something to verify both a clean burn of settings and a continuous data stream. So I'd have 90%+ confidence that the software is simply crappy.

The yardstick I measure by is the end result of how long it takes to tune, what level of difficulty I have using it, and how long the vehicle lasts running on it.  These are the things you, your efforts, and your product will be judged on.

You missed one, ability to accurately dial in the car. Sure, anything worth using can do this, but many can't, all the same. Good diagnostics tools directly fit into your "difficulty using" category requiring extra thought and time to figure stuff out that'd be obvious if things were engineered properly.

No one sweats a little obvious stale data except you, and whatever pod people you come from.

I don't sweat it, unless it has my name on it, then I do sweat it.

Thanks for the anal love. Wait, that sounded wrong.

Fred.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 04:56:57 PM »

It wouldn't be RHMT if it wasn't completey fucked up.   :noel:

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »

When internal combustion becomes all neat and orderly, I'll be moving onto something else. Until then I'll...

they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 11:03:48 PM »

This thread is brimming with hodge-podge, asspergers inspired penile comparison.

I feel it would be appropriate to use my college education in order to write clearly and concisely to convey the fact that you are both indeed, faggots. While this may not be your fault, and may be derived from the fact that your mothers didn't breast feed you, you ingested some quantity of lead as a child, or have had your intellect compromised by immunization, it does not change the fact that both of your penises are miniscule.

The problem here is clearly the fact that Bob is attempting to datalog his urethra and not his ECU.

If Bob had a clue, and a measure of technical equipment that would be appropriate for diagnosing an automobile, he'd be able to diagnose the issue without the ECU telling him the duty cycle of the injectors in one tenth of the time that it would have taken him to discuss the issue with Fred over grindr. This leads me to believe that he was attempting to seduce Fred, and the proposed technical incompetence was a form of presenting. Much like how a cat backs its furry vagnia up into the couch, the vacuum cleaners, JDs penis (yiff more, fgt).

Get it in, Fred!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:07:00 PM by rawr »

fe3tcourier

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 05:20:07 AM »

ROFL :-)

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 06:55:35 AM »

Holt shit I lol'd.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 04:26:39 PM »

S300...

Datalogging dropping, boost control not working car breaking up?

If running resistor plugs I has no clue
If running NON resistor plugs... You buy resistor pulgs. Now. All 3 issues are caused by the RF.... I know of at least 10 cars of friends displaying at least one of these issues running the R5671A x plugs in 8 and colder... ALLL had the issues. Even a very well known record holding car.

In short, fail to establish com, dropping com and "staley dan" data all rectified by going to a resistor plug. Im actuallly trying to help here, as the guy that tunes a couple of these cars is a MUCH better tuner than ID hope to be, but it was dismissed and overlooked. In the end, a good while AFTER id mentioned it as Id experienced something of the like on another ems way back, ironically I found this "fix".... where?

Hondatas forums LOL...

Fuck you
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 04:30:13 PM »

Oh and quit being a faggot and trying to harbor this queer... Out with his name you homo
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

fe3tcourier

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 06:08:24 AM »

Good stuff. You'll lol @ this:

A guy claiming to be a powertrain engineer recently posted on my forum for a few days  (until I pissed him off) and was stating that he was using solid copper core wires and had "some interference problems" ROFL. I guess it was the response to this that sealed his desire to no longer post ;-)

Fred.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 08:26:20 AM »

I was on a forum a couple months ago that had a few oem tuners on it. I couldn't believe the things I saw them talking about. The oem's would probably do better randomly picking anyone from this site to tune their stuff
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »

Thats engineers / most professionals in general. The elite hobbiest community usually exceeds the skill of the professional community due to working in the field killing their passion/ interest.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »

Good stuff. You'll lol @ this:

A guy claiming to be a powertrain engineer recently posted on my forum for a few days  (until I pissed him off) and was stating that he was using solid copper core wires and had "some interference problems" ROFL. I guess it was the response to this that sealed his desire to no longer post ;-)

Fred.

Actually, that sounds like he was an authentic engineer.  As much as I enjoyed an engineering curriculum, and know several engineers who ain't no sippin' tea, the vast majority of them have a very poor grasp of practical matters.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:55:08 AM by Joseph Davis »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 09:54:15 AM »

BTW, powertrain engineer = probably a ME.  They give those guys a couple of EE classes these days as part of the ME curriculum, and because of it most of them act like they know more about EE than EEs do. 

fe3tcourier

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 04:39:27 AM »

Yeah, my thoughts was "designs bolts to hold transmission in place" :-)

BigFlabbyVirtualTechnician: BCPR7ES

fe3tcourier

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »

http://www.hondata.com/s300_counterfeit.html < Perhaps this?

No, apparently not.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 07:07:06 AM »

bigflabbyvirtualtechnician. Someone call the burn ward. I think we've got a new patient.

jabberwock

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »

I have been summoned.  Fuck Hondata.

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »

BTW, powertrain engineer = probably a ME.  They give those guys a couple of EE classes these days as part of the ME curriculum, and because of it most of them act like they know more about EE than EEs do.

ME's act like they know more than anyone about anything, not just EE's. Dickbags, for the most part.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »

Mes are usually total bros. Moat ees creep me rhe fuck out on the job.

DSMR

• RHMT
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »

EE's are fucking stupid. I am one. Scary part is my job title  :mexi:

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 09:32:21 PM »

When people rent something at work and say to me "I can figure it out, I'm an engineer", it always gives me a chill. EVERY SINGLE one of those people calls back later saying the tool doesn't work. Then I show them how stupid they are. ;DDD

Anyone with good financing abilities can get a degree, but it takes smarts to put it to use properly. Some do, but most don't.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »

When people rent something at work and say to me "I can figure it out, I'm an engineer", it always gives me a chill.

Maybe thats why I never finished my EE.  I was too busy figuring out how things work.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 11:28:37 PM »

As much as I hate to say it, I like S300 better than Neptune.  The menu setup is a giant clusterfuck and some features aren't clear in their operation without doing some digging, but it works and works well.

The cars I have tuned on Neptune seemed to have odd quirks like wanting strange fuel trims to start reliably in various ambient temps, fuel cut issues, and a strange bog at WOT at the 1-2 gear change.  Maybe it's my fault, but 'i have never had issue with stock injectors and Crome like I did with stock injectors and Neptune.

'i helped a friend get a 600+ WHP running on E85 after he migrate from Neptune to Hondata.  It starts up like stock, an didn't blow up after my ham fisted self and his very inexperienced tuned on it.  He was having the same 1-2 odd isuues on Neptune, and it magically disappeared while running S300.  Could be a lot of factors, but 3 Neptune Demn setups displayed similar traits.

/i have one Demon that has worked flawlessly since day one, and another that I just sent in for RMA due to dumping the ROM periodically.

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 11:43:42 PM »

As much as I hate to say it, I like S300 better than Neptune.  The menu setup is a giant clusterfuck and some features aren't clear in their operation without doing some digging, but it works and works well.

The cars I have tuned on Neptune seemed to have odd quirks like wanting strange fuel trims to start reliably in various ambient temps, fuel cut issues, and a strange bog at WOT at the 1-2 gear change.  Maybe it's my fault, but 'i have never had issue with stock injectors and Crome like I did with stock injectors and Neptune.

'i helped a friend get a 600+ WHP running on E85 after he migrate from Neptune to Hondata.  It starts up like stock, an didn't blow up after my ham fisted self and his very inexperienced tuned on it.  He was having the same 1-2 odd isuues on Neptune, and it magically disappeared while running S300.  Could be a lot of factors, but 3 Neptune Demn setups displayed similar traits.

/i have one Demon that has worked flawlessly since day one, and another that I just sent in for RMA due to dumping the ROM periodically.

I use Neptune with an Ostrich and it has been rock solid for every car I've done.

S300 I've always found to be buggy and the GUI is a clusterfuck at best but it does get the job done.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »

Just different experiences sir.

I will certainly agree that the GIU is a CF.

Maybe my issues are with the way Neptune works with the Demon?

I dunno as I traded in my O1 to get a Demon (the one that still works perfectly).

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2013, 12:31:46 AM »

Just different experiences sir.

I will certainly agree that the GIU is a CF.

Maybe my issues are with the way Neptune works with the Demon?

I dunno as I traded in my O1 to get a Demon (the one that still works perfectly).

I hear less and less good things abotu the Demon.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2013, 07:27:32 AM »

I use Neptune with an Ostrich and it has been rock solid for every car I've done.

S300 I've always found to be buggy and the GUI is a clusterfuck at best but it does get the job done.

I agree 100%, but all of my Neptune experience is with demons. Not a single issue here
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »

Cool.  Guess I am i the minority as is tradition.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »

I keep hearing about demons randomly shitting themselves, but I can't possibly count how many cars I have tuned with demons and not a single failure.
obd1>gtgtall

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »

This is true to some extent.  The smart ones can admit when the don't know something though.  The amount of EE material ME's receive exposure to is a joke IMO.  Granted I am sure it varies by institution.

I keep hearing about demons randomly shitting themselves, but I can't possibly count how many cars I have tuned with demons and not a single failure.

Is it prevalent?  Dunno, but it does happen.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up