:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: bought me an LSX swap!.... ok its a 2000 Silverado..DD status.  (Read 13485 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

...and it came with a free truck  :P

2000 Silverado LS, 5.3L LM7, regular cab short bed. pretty decent shape. needs a good cut/buff on body and lights. its got some wheels, 03 taillights, speakers (that ill probably replace), billet grill insert, muffler (flowmaster looking) with 2.5'ish tailpipe. runs and drives great.
bought it to use as my new daily driver, and Nova parts hauler.

i flew to Boise ID in the morning, got there like 1pm (different time zone) looked it over, only got a slightly jew price. about 200bucks off, told him he could keep his radio (they put one in it). swapped radios (brought my own) and headed off on my 507mile journey home.... Air conditioning on, cruise control set, tunes playing. pretty much long boring uneventual drive. and proved itself a solid DD. even 90+ deg out, going over mountains/pass'/etc with AC on and CC to 70-75. temp never went above like 195 indicated. got down to 180 on the back side of the mountain.

got to love the higher speedlimits in the middle of no where...

70-80mph pretty much the whole way, up mountains and shit... got about 20mpg.  :-\ good for that truck i guess.

oh yeah:

bought this shit like last week. pre-wired the radio, dropped it in the dash kit, and threw it in my bag. swapped it right there in the dealers lot. lol.... ill probably do the speakers later. its got speakers in it, but i dont know what they are, maybe ill swap them to the Nova...

thats it for now i guess. i have a shitload of little things i want to do to her... anyones interested i might update ya...

:Jew:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:43:10 PM by turbohf »
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
Re: bought me an LSX swap!....
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 08:17:15 AM »

Looks good! Keep us posted.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

1CRX2NV

• Redneck
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »

About time you got a real vehicle..
thats not canada, thats toronto. Any farther east then saskatchewan it doesn'#039#039t count.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:28:37 PM »

Right on. Looks pretty straight for a dd.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »

About time you got a real vehicle..

i have a 1966 Nova also, ass.... i am rid of all the honda's and there shit.

Right on. Looks pretty straight for a dd.

yeah, thanks. excited.

so ill make a post of the shit im doing later... BUT. i rolled down my windows. and started removing a over complicated stealth installed alarm. truck starts fine, checked threwout the uninstall. but went to do something (dont even remember now) and the fuckin passenger window wont roll up!!!!!!!!

i pulled apart both switches and cleaned contacts (well just the passenger on main switch), you hear a click on both sides. it rolled down just fine. i vented it a couple times on my drive, and i remember 100% now that the dealer had rolled it down to the bottom to try to open the door (sticky lock, get to that shit later).... so i have seen it work. FUCK...

it looks like its topped out at 95* here.... i can feel my skin burning threw the spf50... hate.

but hey, really i am still in an ok mood. other wise i would have given up. still excited as fuck... but someone help?

1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »

I would pull the door panel and check the window motor for power and ground. Power window motor might have just shit the bed.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 12:28:21 AM »

I would pull the door panel and check the window motor for power and ground. Power window motor might have just shit the bed.

reg and motor are fine. i jumpered it with my impact battery. 18v gets those windows up quick! lol.... called it a draw at that point. settle for window up, i got AC, and put it back together.
one of the MANY pieces of the alarm that i removed was a window module, but when i finally tracked and removed those wires, that went into the door, they werent hooked up?

i tried checking ground and power. but didnt see to have it. or i was doing it wrong and/or frustrated. 90+deg with sun on me on that side of the truck.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 01:17:34 AM »

walk around intro video.
https://youtu.be/VIQMePbvTUM

507+ miles...

took lots of lives, thankfully not mine... might name the truck 'bug killer' lol. but i like 'muscle truck' better

headlights looked like shit in the pics online. little better in person, think he said he buffed them a little.

still not sparkling.

sure as shit not now after some 1000 grit lol

better.

did a quick pass on the taillight... it didnt want to picture well as it was dusk.

i went to do something...ADD killing me?... i think disconnect the fuckin key dig/buzzer...

like 2 hours later all this shit was out. i found a stack of like 6 relays under the column. then the wires went up behind the cluster/radio. then i just kept pulling out those damn brain boxes from everywhere. someone spent a BUNCH of money having a fully optioned stealth installed Viper alarm., too bad i didnt have remote for it.

you see the speakers?

oh yeah, that is a right and a left.... i dont think the drivers side was even hooked up, or maybe the wire fell off soon as i touched it.

think thats it. managed not to die doing all that in 85-95deg heat.... i dont like the heat, and hate the sun...

was trying to get to removing the emblems and moldings. maybe the rear speakers. and TRY to tint the front windows (back is done, should be redone). removing the chrome (bumpers, mirrors, maybe grill) is also on the list, just not sure how yet. maybe paint them with black pastidip? maybe paint the bumpers white? ideas on that one?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 12:29:36 AM »

this shit sucks to remove. fingers hurt.

quick little clean/buff to make sure im on the right track. hit a couple other test spots on the truck. looks like most the imperfections are just surface. once i get the body side moldings and the other LS emblem off ill schedule appt for detail to do the whole outside of the truck. i dont feel like doing that shit again.

also i tried some tint. fuck that. im sure i could get it, and im sure i would hate it lol. ill pay someone to do that shit too. but i need to figure out the passenger window first, and ill probably rip the tint off the back glass and have that redone while im at it.

ordered and had an OEM key cut. had one of those garbage generic stamped steel ones.
ordered a OEM keyless fob...shipping from middle of nowhere, hopefully have before the weekend.
ordered sub box. ups. be a full 7 working days of fail.

maybe ill do some roll on Hurculiner bed liner shit? think im going to order some bed rail caps though. couple holes drilled and fair amount of dings, plus havent seen any DIY's that got a nice straight tape line.

i have also been all over online looking at shit, obviously, and want to try and score some more MPG. was like 20 on my trip, but i can tell you already that im gonna be like 15 or so on this tank.
so they are saying on the forums to get a couple things, so here is my plan?
~intake http://www.ebay.com/itm/331606533895?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
~exhaust... dual 2.5"? http://www.ebay.com/itm/141543729206?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (plus mangnaflow) or single 3"? http://www.ebay.com/itm/281354488210?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT .... and lets just assume im going to turbo this at some point in the 450-650range.
~cat delete? http://www.ebay.com/itm/361214481849?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
~headers+delete? might as well if im there? http://www.ebay.com/itm/361345694262?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
~electric fans... ill just get some Fbody fans and wiring at the junkyard.
~HPTuners. this should work out as 1/2 price? i figure ill use it on the Nova also. sounds like i should be able to do both with boost with the credits it comes with?

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 12:19:43 PM »

Your working on the wrong chevy...... NOVA!!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »

Your working on the wrong chevy...... NOVA!!

I did notice that yesterday. lol. landlord was checking out the happenings. and made a comment that I had a nice work bench aka Nova lol. just trying to get some things squared away to make this my driver. just in time too. they tore up the street in front of my house. make getting the nova and Galant that much harder to get in my driveway.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »

You still have the galant? what is left on it to be a reliable and clean driver?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 05:54:20 PM »

You still have the galant? what is left on it to be a reliable and clean driver?
yes, I still have the Galant.

second part asking about the truck or the Galant? lol... cuz the Galant is a reliable DD as I have been driving it for like 6months. aside from the valve cover or cam seals or something pissing oil recently. I will be looking to buy a new valve cover soon and putting the t67 on it.

the truck just drove 500+ miles. its pretty good to go lol. it needs the rear speakers, subwoofers along with amp installed. and my keyless fob. then its legit as hell for a while other than shit gas mileage.

nova. fuck. idk. probably never. needs the front brakes converted and rear fenders rolled aka pounded flat, then it should be drive able. interior and stereo for sure.

Random Hero

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 12:25:42 AM »

I dont believe hpt comes with enough credits to do 2 turbo vehicles.. efi live does tho. still more..

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 03:21:51 PM »

murica
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 12:02:01 AM »

Work on the NOVA!

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 01:09:46 AM »

Did somebody say nova??

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: bought me an LSX swap!.... ok its a 2000 Silverado..DD status.
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 11:00:51 PM »

im going to update this....

i still havent finished pulling moldings and emblems.  ::)  i have the one "LS" emblem on the passenger side, and all the body side moldings to pull.... but then i really need to get the truck detailed, to lazy/cheap to do that at the moment.

i put whole stereo system in it like week after my last post. well the head unit i did 2 mins after i bought the truck right in the dudes car lot. did the other 4 speakers the next week. think i did amp and 2 10" subs the week after. actually i think i took a pic i never posted....

goes behind the seats removing any actual in cab storage i may have actually had... i can stuff a jacket or something between the console and the amp...

other than that i have just been driving it. its completely problem free aside from the CEL that came on right before emission testing it. but cleared long enough to pass. drove with it on for a month. cleared it, and its never been back on?? ok, win? its for stupid secondary air injection pump check valve, some California emissions crap. who cares.
i havent even been changing the oil on it, had them do it at my work. not worth the $30. for me to do it. lol.

so real reason for this post is i hate the wheels. even before i bought it. the tires are junk. almost bald. cracking. old/hard. so i have been on a lazy hunt...

2010 Silverado 18" wheels. with tires that have like "10-12K miles left", center caps, TPMS (no, my truck doesnt use them) and lugnuts. no curbs. $350.  :Jew:

pic is just past sunset. so ehh, whatever.

thats it... look for a post update next year when the tires are bald again and i buy shorter ones and lower the truck...or at least a level kit. LOL.  :P

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »

Looks good Nog.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 11:24:02 PM »

thats probably a better picture.

think im going to order a new set of china taillights. as these one seem to be delaminating or something? its a 2000 year truck, has 03 lights on the rear. i like the style, just the housings have gone to shit. whatever, i would have bought them either way, this junk was just on the truck to begin with.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 01:57:11 PM »

That truck is crying for boost. It would hurt some fucking feelings for sure.
92GSR - mild interest

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 02:39:41 PM »

yeah. I know. and I bought it knowing that. but I want to get the nova sorted and most the way to fully awesome before I take it apart. also would like the Galant back to legit driver, just needs a couple things, motivation being the big thing.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 12:16:47 AM »

Nigger, get to work on the nova

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2016, 12:36:53 AM »

truck needed tires, so i bought some. was safety issue.

plan to get some work in this weekend.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 06:03:52 PM »

on closer inspection, the old shitty ones say made in USA, and have GM part number. and didnt look nearly that bad when i bought the truck. maybe the change from going from the desert to Seattle's varying climates turned them to shit?

taiwanese lights installed, tested, working. even the lower outside blinker works, the old ones didnt have it hooked up, but i used the harness installed on the lights and plugged it in and all works, so win.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 12:16:39 AM »

Win, now back to your regular scheduled NOVA progam.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 12:04:30 AM »

hey. lets bring this back from the dead!... im sure you all seen i replaced this as my driver with the G8 (if not click it in the sig). and its really just been sitting. drive it once in a while to do truck things, and keep the battery charged, fluids moving.

scrolling threw my posts really quick, i also did a 'level kit', which was just some 2" rear drop shackles.

well its been making a noise for a while, and havent really pressed the issue enough to have anyone look at it. did freak me out when i was in portland traffic (i live north of seattle) and remembered it make noise. and its been getting a bit louder.
well i was researching something on the internet and they where talking about pinion noise, DING! thats the sounds im hearing...shit.

i ordered some parts, i ordered some tools. and im going to do some maintenance on this fucker...finally. lol. i have changed some oil, air/cabin filters, rear diff fluid (looked fine), and think thats it.

so this is going to be a giant snow ball rolling down the hill...so here is the plan:
step 1: gearing up from 3.73 to 4.11's. tossing the peg legger for a lsd. new bearings, etc.
step 2: 4L80E... someone hook me up with one of these for a deal! needs to be 2wd... will throw HD2 kit, and $400-500 convertor at it too.
step 3: cam/springs... and probably pull the heads as i think i also have a noisy lifter. but that doesn't sounds fun.
step 4: boost. fuckit, everything needs boost. this isn't my driver anymore.

gears/diff will be here tomorrow, will be doing the work next week i think.
trans i would like to not before too long. maybe ill do the cam/springs/lifters first?
boost hopefully before next year? but really Nova has priority over the trans/boost.

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2018, 11:35:00 AM »

I'm voting you for 2018's Strongest Automotive ADD award.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2018, 01:52:10 PM »

I'm voting you for 2018's Strongest Automotive ADD award.

not even close.... but i will accept the nomination  8)  it has been worse in the past.

also i watch this guy on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MotionAutoTv  way more automotive ADD. has like 25+ vehicles. and diversity at that. from pit bikes, drift car, diesel trucks, baller supra, motor home, just random junk cars and daily's... he really has so many cars, he doesnt know what to work on. but would have enough content for daily vids for 3years, if he stops buying shit, but i doubt he will.

my excuse is that its broken, so i need to fix it. might as well pop that mod cherry. and its not a daily anymore, the G8 is... i have justified this.  ;DDD

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up