:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheapest option to convert wood bandsaw to metal  (Read 3939 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Cheapest option to convert wood bandsaw to metal
« on: October 05, 2021, 06:56:08 PM »

I have a wood bandsaw that I got a smoking deal on. But I need it for metal. Anyone know if any cheap reduction gear boxes that would work well for this situation? I originally thought about doing it with pullies, but it will end up taking up a lot of space.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

MTZ

• Webadmin
  • Certified OG
Re: Cheapest option to convert wood bandsaw to metal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 09:23:21 AM »

I have a wood bandsaw that I got a smoking deal on. But I need it for metal. Anyone know if any cheap reduction gear boxes that would work well for this situation? I originally thought about doing it with pullies, but it will end up taking up a lot of space.

you mentioned pullies and that reminded me of how my drill press uses them to adjust speeds(from the factory) it does take up space but i bet you can work something out
ur fucking feet are disgusting.

btw that nail prolly rotted from u fingering widebody in the ass

its called toering

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: Cheapest option to convert wood bandsaw to metal
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 09:32:39 AM »

you mentioned pullies and that reminded me of how my drill press uses them to adjust speeds(from the factory) it does take up space but i bet you can work something out

I already did the calculations on making it work with pullies and the one on the motor would be super tiny and the one on the saw would be so big it isn't realistic. This setup would need multiple pullies to get to the correct speed and take up a ton of room. Ideally I was hoping to find a worm gear box or something like that to use. Everything I have seen costs as much as just buying the right saw though.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up