:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to Re-Use sleeves?  (Read 1755 times)

Ghetto_D

• Certified OG
  • Ho Chi Minh Shoot a Load on your CHin
Is it possible to Re-Use sleeves?
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

long story short, My brother bought a rex (police impound) it had a built engine, whoever built it didnt do a good job, It spun a bearing and blew a rod through the block during the break in period.

THe damage, hole through block, hole in oil galley. broken eagle rod, and shattered arias piston, chewed up crank.

The sleeves are still good minus 1 that has a few scratches, hoping to have all the sleeves bored over to 84mm (currently 83mm). They look like they are darton sleeves.

I just fabricated a tool to extract the sleeves and i tapped them out myself. My question now is besides a small nick at the base on #1, the sleeves are still good. Can they be transfered into a new block? or would there be issues? Keep in mind its getting bored out 1mm.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:58:09 AM by Ghetto_D »

RHD DC2

• Certified OG
Re: Is it possible to Re-Use sleeves?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 01:01:04 AM »

you shouldnt have a problem. make sure you have the sleeves pressure checked though you might no see anything but it may have stress damage.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Is it possible to Re-Use sleeves?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:12:20 PM »

Meh.

I recommend immediately tearing down and reassembling any "built" motor you buy.  95% of import kids are tards, so 95% of the motors for sale are of the expected quality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up