:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An idea that I had..  (Read 5264 times)

blackoutmp5

An idea that I had..
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »

so I have a few ideas I've been throwing around for my turbo kit and other things..I have a huge intercooler i got for dirt cheap, and I planned on running that, but I've been looking at the fitment of my car and it will require a ton of cutting the bumper. So i have been throwing around the idea of using a 1g dsm intercooler and running it in the engine bay, with a homemade hood scoop of course  :P any thoughts about this? I've seen it done on ohmt a long time ago but from what i can find everyone is just running front mounts.

It will save me a ton of hassle with running the piping, and no I dont care that it will make the turbo spool up faster. That shit is already too small.

Another idea I've had was to either get a sweet JDM intercooler sprayer to cool it down some for the track, but I dont feel like spending the money for that and nitrous.

I saw this a long time ago

It runs c02 through this to cool the air coming into the engine, but 550 is fucking ridiculous. I might draw this up on CAD later so you can get a visual of what I'm talking about. I am thinking about making something similar to this with a 6" piece of 2.5" piping with about 6-8 tubes (.5") alternating vertical to horizontal, and a 3" piece of piping welded over this entire peice to enclose it, and find a used dry nitrous system off of egay, and run either nitrous or c02 through this. A little confusing..but I'll try to get a visual up soon.

I personally think it would be a cool little project..but do you think this would help cool the air any or would this just be a waste of time?

True story. nbspnbsp Sleep eight hours, wake up craving dick. nbspnbsp Fucking liberal faggots.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
Re: An idea that I had..
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:52:05 AM »

Intercooler up front. Make it fit. Done.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »

NOS bottle Plus feed line.

Point feed line at IC and open valve

frost intercooler.

kick ass.

fuck you

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:58:25 PM »

Complex will tell you a top mount intercooler is the best thing ever.

Don't know the specifics, but OEM's must do it for a reason.
They do it for reasons. But not necessarily for maximum power. More like packaging, cost, etc. That and they got fancy computer models so they can find the optimal place to put it and the required ducts as to maximize the pressure differential across the IC.
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

blackoutmp5

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »

frost intercooler.

kick ass.

haha that is a good idea, but I'm looking for something a little easier to do than do that every time i do a run down the track.

Any other opinions on the contraption of a cooler i had? I figure i might just give it a shot. As for the intercooler, I know its not going to be the best idea being in the engine bay, but I'm not trying to jigsaw my front bumper to pieces. It will make my life a lot easier, so why not? My car is getting the presidential solution  O0

True story. nbspnbsp Sleep eight hours, wake up craving dick. nbspnbsp Fucking liberal faggots.

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »

vanilla ice-cream induction.  Get the cheap shit in the 5-gallon tub from CostCo, hook up a Kitchen-Aid mixer (w/meat grinder attachment) to force the super-cooled treat in and around your IC piping area.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 03:42:35 PM »

Design Engineering did something similar but simpler: http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=4

Inside the pipe:

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »

frost intercooler.

kick ass.

haha that is a good idea, but I'm looking for something a little easier to do than do that every time i do a run down the track.

Any other opinions on the contraption of a cooler i had? I figure i might just give it a shot. As for the intercooler, I know its not going to be the best idea being in the engine bay, but I'm not trying to jigsaw my front bumper to pieces. It will make my life a lot easier, so why not? My car is getting the presidential solution  O0

wtf, you want easyier but it will require CAD and a C02 setup??  there is a reason why everyone uses a front mount IC.  its cause its efficent and easy lol.  Spraying NOS over the IC if you arent like pushing serious power is stupid.  Its like 20-30 bones to Dump all that "cool fog" over your IC at the track.  NOS is expesive, dont forget to put blue LED's in it so it looks cool when you fog your IC.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 04:55:43 PM »

vanilla ice-cream induction.  Get the cheap shit in the 5-gallon tub from CostCo, hook up a Kitchen-Aid mixer (w/meat grinder attachment) to force the super-cooled treat in and around your IC piping area.
I'm running this setup on my mazda actually. I spray it on the turbo too and smell the wonderful vanilla all the time now.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »

This is what i am in the midst of Building.. It doesn't get easier or cheaper then this. Stop over engineering shit.

Power steering cooler. This is the only pic I could find , the civic EG one is a perfect intercooler sized Hoop. about 20" x 12"

Block off one end. I tapped it and put in a plug with teflon tape.

Drill a series of small holes in it. (mine has about 40 or so evenly spaced)

Feed line to cheap ass solenoid (ebay $25 for a used NOS one)

Relay

switch.

Mount infront of intercooler.

Press button... frosty nuggins... Co2 or NOS..

Skip the mega buck BS  "Tornado fuel saver" BS type systems.

Spraying NOS on the cooler may seeem crude, but i know damm sure it's fuckin cold and I don't have to log temps or create spread sheets.
fuck you

MantisX

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 05:24:17 PM »

Just spray the NOS in the intake.

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 05:28:30 PM »

Yeap. It will do more good there than spraying it anywhere else.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 06:18:47 PM »

pat is wise in the ways of making power with a minimum of bullshit.

blackoutmp5

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »

i like this idea. Fuck everything I said before.

I know its not worth it to do on a low horsepower car, but I think it would be a fun thing to do in my spare time, even though it wouldn't do much. c02 is a lot cheaper than nitrous but I'm mainly talking about c02 for the idea that I had. I was only going to draw it up on CAD if you didn't get the idea I was trying to project, but once again these are just ideas.

I'm just going to go with the majority
 and run a fmic with vanilla ice-cream induction.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 12:18:13 AM »

run ilnets to either side of your race helmet, plumb liquid nitrogen around it.

/thread

caged

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »

I hooked up a water spray onto my intercooler from my washer pump and did a run at the strip and my cooler and pipes were cold to touch. cost me 50c for a box of garden nozzles. I was impressed :noel:
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 07:24:39 AM »

I hooked up a water spray onto my intercooler from my washer pump and did a run at the strip and my cooler and pipes were cold to touch. cost me 50c for a box of garden nozzles. I was impressed :noel:

Yeah but I thought most 1/4 mile tracks do not like water spray on their surfaces b/c they worry about slicks losing traction.

Or do you size the spray just enough for water mist to vaporize and no big droplets end up on the track?

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »

Use alcohol so it evaporates.

Aero

• Turbotalk.org
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »

Why don't you do an intercooling setup like this brilliant mind from OHMT came up with.

Is there such a thing? What I am thinking of is something like like air/water intercooler but instead of water passing thru it, the turbo sucks air thru it, then feeds the charge thru the side where it normally would on an air water intercooler. Thus cooling itself~

Pure brilliance!  ::)

shogun

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 12:28:29 AM »

use propane and dont use the warmer, saw that once here on a old camaro with a supercharger

caged

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 02:39:53 AM »

Yeah but I thought most 1/4 mile tracks do not like water spray on their surfaces b/c they worry about slicks losing traction.

Or do you size the spray just enough for water mist to vaporize and no big droplets end up on the track?

It seems to evapourate and no big droplets, the cars with slicks run in another class at differant times. Our shitty track only has vht for the 60ft and if it was going to drip it will be after the 60ft and not slipery death.
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 09:46:55 AM »

After the 60' hurts anything with power.  If a big car gets a little water under one tire, and not the other, at mid track they'll most likely turn sideways and plow the wall before they can get out of it.

Be careful with that shit.

hotrex

• Certified OG
  • rough riding niggas since 2002
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »

i plow ur moms vagina walls and i never pull out
1. nbspnbsp choda nbspnbsp 584 up, 134 down
 area between your bag and your asshole
Johnny bliss'#039#039s mom really worked my choda yesterday, I wont be able to ride my bike for a week

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »

i plow ur moms vagina walls and i never pull out

Only because homo sex makes you cum. So it's different.

Just get a cheap ebay air-water IC, a slim water rad, and a cheaper pump. Some place sells all sorts of cheap & expensive a2w goodies, I forgot the link. Bet you can google it. Most IC's you'd be using are about the size of a DSM smic. And if you choose the dsm idea, it just goes in front of the pass. tire, with the lower tube cut to be straight. The 1st gen DSM smic's have the outlet on the correct side.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 10:37:35 PM »

I still want to do a setup with no intercooler, a slightly oversized turbo (mmm hx35)  and just use some methanol/water injection with a progressive controller. 

But for your purposes, just run a front mount.  FUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up