:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 WRX need a reflash?  (Read 5185 times)

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
2005 WRX need a reflash?
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »

I'm picking up an 05 WRX wagon this afternoon. I drove it and asked and the guy said he always put 87 in it. Do I need to bring it back to subaru for a reflash or will the ecu relearn if I put good gas in it again?
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: 2005 WRX need a reflash?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »

The stock program is designed for 92/93 octane, what's to relearn?

You're getting this thing so cheap you can afford to drop an engine into it, right?

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 02:12:04 PM »

Some old man had the car. I'm sure it pulls timing out with shit gas in it. Ill call the dealer.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »

I'm sure it pulls timing out left and right because those are fragile engines.  Not as bad as the 2.5's, but still not ideal.

I'd pull a plug or two, I recommend either cyl 3 or 4 or both on the passenger side, and look at the plugs or the piston surface if you have a borescope. 

Also, yank the oil feed line at the turbo and see if the inline filter has been removed or not. The 04-07 WRX/STi had inline filters (as did the STi AVCS aka variable intake cam system) that were prone to getting clogged with shit and killing the turbo and sometimes the engine, TSBs all recommended that they be removed ASAP.  If she blows any oil upon startup or under boost, yes it's the turbo but the engine's probably fucked as well if it's been driven any length of time like that.  All of this is easily verifiable by searching NASIOC.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »

Thanks for the info!

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »

Apparently David is looking at a low mile, looks showroom new, met the mid-50 year old dude who used to own it face to face, stack of dealer service records taller than his penis is long, bone stock cream puff.   

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 04:53:53 PM »

Almost bought an 05 for the wifey, glad we got the VW instead.  <---Never thought id say that.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »

I'm sure it pulls timing out left and right because those are fragile engines.  Not as bad as the 2.5's, but still not ideal.

I'd pull a plug or two, I recommend either cyl 3 or 4 or both on the passenger side, and look at the plugs or the piston surface if you have a borescope. 

Also, yank the oil feed line at the turbo and see if the inline filter has been removed or not. The 04-07 WRX/STi had inline filters (as did the STi AVCS aka variable intake cam system) that were prone to getting clogged with shit and killing the turbo and sometimes the engine, TSBs all recommended that they be removed ASAP.  If she blows any oil upon startup or under boost, yes it's the turbo but the engine's probably fucked as well if it's been driven any length of time like that.  All of this is easily verifiable by searching NASIOC.

Legacy GT's have the filter as well. My old mans needed a turbo due to this awesome design.
fuck you

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 10:33:03 PM »

reset the ecu, fill it up with 93, go do a 2600rpm pull and double foot the brake and gas at ~3lbs of boost.  resets your iam lickity split

How exactly do I reset the ECU?

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »

Convert to RWD ASAP :yes: PPG sells the diff and then these cars are fun to drive.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 11:26:06 PM »

Check. Thanks.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »

If in doubt, drink two beers.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 06:44:34 AM »

If in doubt, drink two beers.

Check....I don't drink. :-\

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 06:51:36 AM »

No, you smoke meth to be up at 5:45.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 07:04:33 AM »

LOL I work and have 2 kids that need to be at daycare/preschool. The cream puff has proven not to be already. Im upset. The tire noise is horrible in the car and says lateral belt shift or broken belt all together. Im calling today to see if they will replace the loud tire or maybe a diff bearing is bad. Im a bit pissed.....

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 07:15:58 AM »

There is no difference between meth addiction and parenting small children with respect to your sleep schedule and mental state.  At least the meth is cheap.

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »

You are an idiot. A wheel bearing has a certain lifespan on any car.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »

LOL I work and have 2 kids that need to be at daycare/preschool. The cream puff has proven not to be already. Im upset. The tire noise is horrible in the car and says lateral belt shift or broken belt all together. Im calling today to see if they will replace the loud tire or maybe a diff bearing is bad. Im a bit pissed.....

what tires are on it? crushed surface roads suck period in a wrx and sound like you are powered by a jet engine with afterburners when you drive on one

might be a wheel bearing, but they rarely go on imprezas

did you get your reset done?

Some shit as goodride tires. I'm sure its the tires. I'm not doing the reset till I run the tank down. I don't know what fuel is in it so ill baby it till its low enough to refill. I'm thinking I should just go buy goiod tires.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »

Are all the tires the same size?
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 06:40:05 PM »

Just looking stock tires but a reasonably quiet ride.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 01:33:58 AM »

The Sumitomo HTR are awesome tires, dirty cheap and they hook great.  They are $50/pop for 205/60R13, I plan on rocking a set on my classic Si.

caged

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 03:54:08 AM »

Iv done a shit load of centre diff bearings, its common as. Iv also done heaps of wheel bearings but usually due to a damaged abs tone wheel from stones. I would also run a can of subaru upper cylinder cleaner if its been run on 87, those cans are worth every cent :yes:
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up