:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My New Misstress 03 CBR 600RR  (Read 2523 times)

Ghetto_D

• Certified OG
  • Ho Chi Minh Shoot a Load on your CHin
My New Misstress 03 CBR 600RR
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »

I had thought about owning a bike for the past year or so. Just that i wasnt in a financial situation where i could afford one at the time. FInally out of neccessity I went out and bought one. I havent ridden a motorcycle since i was 16.

I found this one locally on craigslist. Its an 03 CBR 600RR. 36K, mostly stock, with the exception of aftermarket velocity stacks, K&N filter, Michellin Power race semi slicks, and frame sliders. It was in good condition. I got it for $2000, Came with some extra parts, a set of new pirelli's, a few oil filters, oil, OEM manual and honda's service manual, incase i ever need to take her apart.

I bought a helmet and drove it around the next day. I fucking drop it coming out of a stripmall. There was water on the curb, and as I made a right turn, the rear wheels let loose, I let off the gas but it was too late, I freaking tipped over, I was maybe going 10-15mph, Landed right on my right shoulder, and rolled around, bike landed on my ankle. It was emberrassing. I ended up cracking the rear tail all the way through. It already had a small crack and some roadrash. I got a sore ankle. sore shoulder, minor road rash on my elbow, and wrist, and scratched the lens on my helmet.

Overall its a fun bike, 3nd day i take it to work. still learning a bunch about it. IM just not going to go out and trash it doing something stupid like poping wheelies, or hitting the brakes

Let me know what you guys think, good deal or not?

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: My New Misstress 03 CBR 600RR
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 04:41:09 PM »

Cheap bike you can wreck to hell and not give a shit about? Fuck yeah.  :noel:

blowoff valves are for pussies.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »

DAMN LOOK AT THAT BACK TIRE.

no expert but looks like someone has run the dog shit out of those back tires.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

Cooljnateman

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »

looks like a good deal to me
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

QikEnuF

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 05:24:43 PM »

Get new tires on it.  And ride the fuck out of it.  Damn nice bike for $2k.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »

This
92GSR - mild interest

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »

This
Truth

Ghetto_D

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »

It is a nice bike for the price. The guy was glad i really needed it and wasnt just looking to turn around and sell it to make a profit.

Im glad it already had some scratches and stuff, this way I dont feel like im trashing it or anything.

The tires only have about 1500 miles on them, the previous owner slapped them on and drove from socal to Laguna Seca to run with a bunch of people from a club because they had a track day there. So everything is solid on the bike, it passed tech and everything.

Im going to swap them out for the stock pirellis he gave me. They are brand new.

The only issue im having is that it has MotoGP style shifting. So im still getting used to the reverse shift pattern, I think its easier that way, just confusing sometimes.

Im still cautious as to lane spliting, I need to get more familiar with the bike, before i can do that, I just move all the way to the front of traffic only when its stoped.

I got it up to 100 on the freeway, it gets up quick..

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »

some bike tires go to hell very quickly when riding at high speeds for many hours at a time, the center of the tire just gets chewed up.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

Sweet deal, I like the 600rr's. If I had some extra cash right now id be looking for a sport bike since u can find crazy deals.
Just take it eazy esp in the rain, I rode with someone saturday in the rain that was on a 09 R6 that went down. When its wet be smooth braking/down shifting and ull be fine  :yes:

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »

I fucking drop it coming out of a stripmall

:P
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

QikEnuF

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »

It is a nice bike for the price. The guy was glad i really needed it and wasnt just looking to turn around and sell it to make a profit.

Im glad it already had some scratches and stuff, this way I dont feel like im trashing it or anything.

The tires only have about 1500 miles on them, the previous owner slapped them on and drove from socal to Laguna Seca to run with a bunch of people from a club because they had a track day there. So everything is solid on the bike, it passed tech and everything.

Im going to swap them out for the stock pirellis he gave me. They are brand new.

The only issue im having is that it has MotoGP style shifting. So im still getting used to the reverse shift pattern, I think its easier that way, just confusing sometimes.

Im still cautious as to lane spliting, I need to get more familiar with the bike, before i can do that, I just move all the way to the front of traffic only when its stoped.

I got it up to 100 on the freeway, it gets up quick..

1.. Change your tires to the new ones.  Are they Super Corsa III's?
2.  If you are ever going to let anyone ride your bike, or plan on owning it and another bike at the same time, take a big piece of duct tape and write GP Shift on it.  Put it on the triple.
3.  It honestly sounds like you bought a former trackday bike converted back to the street.  Aka, those tires on there are track take-offs.  Not so fun in the cold months, since you well never heat them up enough to get the grip you need.  Ride carefully on take-offs during the cold months..

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 02:03:31 AM »

2g's? that's a screaming fucking deal.  is that common in your region?

blade8r

• Rhapsodic Sinner
  • insolant bastard
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 02:32:41 AM »

2g's? that's a screaming fucking deal.  is that common in your region?

real screeming deal and no it's not a common price. btw man if you ever want to ride out you can hit me up and we can go out and ride. i am socal too you know. i am however an agressive rider so. i do split lanes in fucked up traffic.

im going to hit the Ortega tomorrow at 3:30 pm right before the sun goes down. i'll be leaving from the westminster area at that time and should hit ortega at 4pm. if you want you can shoot me up a PM if you have nothing to do tomarrow. btw it's alot of riding if you do want to come. expect 3 hours worth of riding.

btw i ride a 1999 honda CBR 600 F4
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:41:19 AM by blade8r »

Ghetto_D

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 04:23:01 AM »

I still have to dial in the suspension, and drop it an inch or so. The previous owner was an inch or 2 taller and way lighter than me.

2k is not common for these bikes, he wanted 2900 but i talked him down to 2k, told him if i saw it and rode it, i would buy it cash.

For this year its more like 3800, give or take. 2k will get you something beat to shit, or a 99 or older bike.

he was giving away the hotbodies race fairings with the bike, I didnt need them so i didnt ask for them, now that I see how much they are I could have sold them for a few bucks, but that would be a douchey move.

Blade8r wish i could ride with you, but im still learning how to ride. Maybe in a few weeks, after i get more experience.

Have fun and be carefull, I used to haul ass down ortega when I had my turbo EG, I almost hit a cayote that thought it was a good idea to take a nap on the road?
Pages: [1]   Go Up