:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: cheap HID site  (Read 14542 times)

1slow91hf

Re: cheap HID site
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 01:58:36 AM »

www.ddmtuning.com

i have installed and sold a few kits and they are a great kit for the money and have lifetime warrantys on most of the ballasts
boost-booze-boobies, what more to life is there?

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 02:27:16 AM »

www.ddmtuning.com

i have installed and sold a few kits and they are a great kit for the money and have lifetime warrantys on most of the ballasts
little late
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

AstroVannin

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »

I was planning to use the DDM cheapness kit in some Mazda projector housings retrofitted into a KC Daylighter housing for the Rally Corolla. 3500K FTW.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »

Heat your headlights in an oven @ 200 degrees for 30 minutes, the glue that holds the clear lens on will loosen enough to gently seperate the enclosure.  The diffusor is right in front of the low beam bulb, remove it.  Respray with that headlight repair stuff if the reflective background is dull or has started to flake.  Put the headlight back together, seal with RTV if you like.

Take a high beam bulb and modify it so it slips in place of the low beam bulb.  A small pair of nippy cutters and less than two minutes does the trick. 

Re-aim your headlights.  They are a lot brighter, go further, and the brightness is well diffused so you can see way off to the sides.  No one confuses them for high beams, but I've been in some cars whose high beams aren't as good as my low beams.
right on, another project for me to tackle  :yes:

Did you ever do this?

And, FYI, I experienced a set of aftermarket HID projectors in an ED that were amazing.  IDK how the owner didn't get ticketed, whenever he hit a bump and the lights raised up it would blind deer for 4.2 miles.

NaturalDecimal

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 10:01:27 AM »

putting HIDs in my bmw made a HUGE difference - projector headlights with HIDs and proper cutoff/aiming = waaaaaay more lighting then any other bulbs I have had in any other car. even with a cheap kit, do the rest of the shit right and you will benefit.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »

I want to get the fx35 copy, aka FX-R. Stuff into an EG headlight, get another EG for a winter beater and enjoy year-round pwnlights.

When a new Hyundai rolls by at night and your car casts a shadow in your own headlight beams, you know better lights are in order...
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Phate

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »

I like my cheapness DDM tuning kit.  Got it in piss-yellow 3000k, which has the added benefit of police not realizing that they are HIDs, and also seems to blind people less.  Also, 55W HIDs are completely unnecessary.  A 35W kit puts out way more light than stock.

It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »

Heat your headlights in an oven @ 200 degrees for 30 minutes, the glue that holds the clear lens on will loosen enough to gently seperate the enclosure.  The diffusor is right in front of the low beam bulb, remove it.  Respray with that headlight repair stuff if the reflective background is dull or has started to flake.  Put the headlight back together, seal with RTV if you like.

Take a high beam bulb and modify it so it slips in place of the low beam bulb.  A small pair of nippy cutters and less than two minutes does the trick. 

Re-aim your headlights.  They are a lot brighter, go further, and the brightness is well diffused so you can see way off to the sides.  No one confuses them for high beams, but I've been in some cars whose high beams aren't as good as my low beams.
right on, another project for me to tackle  :yes:

Did you ever do this?

And, FYI, I experienced a set of aftermarket HID projectors in an ED that were amazing.  IDK how the owner didn't get ticketed, whenever he hit a bump and the lights raised up it would blind deer for 4.2 miles.
No I haven't yet. I hardly drive at night so it hasn't been a top priority. It's definitely on the list though, I'll get it done soon. For now by eBay 6K HIDs will have to do.
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »

I like my cheapness DDM tuning kit.  Got it in piss-yellow 3000k, which has the added benefit of police not realizing that they are HIDs, and also seems to blind people less.  Also, 55W HIDs are completely unnecessary.  A 35W kit puts out way more light than stock.

Suuuuuure that's why you did it. Your gay blue gauges tell another story.

jabberwock

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »

Yellow lights are for fog lights, not head lights.

Phate

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »

Suuuuuure that's why you did it. Your gay blue gauges tell another story.

meh, the greenish got annoying, even more so when a bulb went out.  I really would have prefered to have them light up white, but blue is easier on these.  Basically I thought it was cool at the time, and they are LEDs so I wont have to replace them.  Don't really notice them now.

For the same reason they work well as fogs, they work well as low beams.  Cuts right through rain, snow, and fog.  I didn't do it to impress anybody.  Cost less than silverstars, and they have already lasted longer.  I like them, if you don't, don't get a set for your car.  Its also nice to not get bothered by the police.

Anyways, I've had the HID kit since november, I drive at night a lot, and haven't had an issue with them.

Also: FUCK YOU!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:17:05 PM by Phate »
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »

fx35's are bi-xenon, meaning hi/lo. The cutoff thing flips out of the way via solenoid/motor.

They're no more expensive than any other HID's. They're barely bigger than the smallest, which I like since my air filter is between the driver's headlight and cruise control box. I trained myself to run low beams all the time, so I'm not really sure why I want it. I guess it's because it's barely more to get the most functional setup.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Ghetto_D

• Certified OG
  • Ho Chi Minh Shoot a Load on your CHin
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »

After almost running over a peice of rolled up carpet on the freeway at night because i couldnt see it in time with the stock lights, I installed 2 55w ddm hids. I put them in a retrofit projector housing. It blinds the shit out of people so they usually get the fuck out of the way.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 12:33:24 AM »

wrong, they are for bugless porch lights

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 03:00:08 AM »

my retro, sealed beams to projectors in sealed beam housings  :mexi: O0

malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 07:58:39 AM »

You know generic sealed beam 4X6" projector housings are $32?

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 11:09:43 AM »

I use the super white light bulbs for like $10usd/pr in my stock headlight housings and they work great.

The only complaint I have is when using white in a blizzard it sux seeing, because it reflects back worse. :?:

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 06:52:03 PM »

You know generic sealed beam 4X6" projector housings are $32?
you know its not a projector and instead a peice of curved glass that just kinda hangs there in front of the bulb and there is no reflector at all infact its black plastic. and its a 9004 bulb that doesnt even shine out the top of it.
just look at it closely

you can buy actual sealed beam projectors from hella but last time i checked they were 500+ a peice
malone labe

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 06:55:45 PM »

that and the fact you cant even touch a set of bixenon projectors for less then 150
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:59:05 PM by t_cel_t »
malone labe

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 07:40:36 PM »

Eh, never seen that model before.  I have the site bookmarked on my laptop, will provide link.

soontobeDA

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »

light output in the "projector" picture above sucks

it basically is a half moon output on ground

way worst than stock lol

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »

Okay, the moral dilemma of paying $45 for some dubious quality china parts to look like a riceboy has been solved for me.  OEM Quality, baby!

FUCK YOU!!

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 03:35:05 PM »

Where is said link?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 04:38:08 PM »

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »

Please note the pure white non-homosexual color.  FUCK YOUR MOTHER.

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2010, 07:20:32 PM »

Damn you to hell JD.

Are you going to use them?

I think you said the seats are gone in that thing?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to use the lights.  The seats are probably a C+ grade... feel great, no tears, but leather is cracking pretty well since they left the windows down in the car for about a year.  They aren't supposed to be for sale, they go with the engine into the '71 Datsun, but money talks.

Oh, yeah, 81K trans is available if you know anyone who needs one.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »

meh, don't want to deal with cracked/cracking seats.  Not a high priority anyway.  Alabama sun would chew them up.

MAJORAHOLE

• fuckin C-unt
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2010, 10:41:46 AM »

anyone know how these fit in 5th gen ebay 1pc projector housings  from about 6-7 years ago? was looking for bulbs alone, but for $30-45 i figured fuck it go hid
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up