Which Valve cover should I use?

Black one sprayed with Bedliner Paint?
The red wannabe marble one?
HHH
CRX
OCZC
PBT FTMFW!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Jay's 90 CRX build. A6/Y8 Vitara, Holset. Parting out. Please see FS sec.  (Read 70082 times)

chris

Good to see progress man! I've been working on my vitara as well. Need tranny and clutch.

Have a d16z6 transmission perfect condition no grinds already went through the tranny.

200 bucks. Ill meet up half way between chico and sacramento.

enikolayev

I'll have to wait until later this month, i'm a little short on cash.

chris

I'll have to wait until later this month, i'm a little short on cash.

Well this one will proably be gone by then but hit me up I should have another one by then

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!

This aint no for sale thread. Lol.

Let me know when you got the scrills for chris. I may just save chris the trip and pick it up for you up there.
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo

Let me know when you got the scrills for chris. I may just save chris the trip and pick it up for you up there.

Sell me the short block
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Did you blow your motor already?

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo

Did you blow your motor already?

Lol no. My shits good. I just want more power. Lol
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

enikolayev

Cool beans, i'll keep you posted

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

alright. 

got some bosch 880's ordered.  ***correction.  delphi***

dizzy is on the way

h1c is on the way

cast mani i will be picking up from a local nog

almost done

scored a dirty cheap smaller intercooler for $40 this shit will fit my bumper better.  too bad that i noticed that it was a tube and fin instead of a bar and plate.  shit. 

pics will be up after i get this bitch fired up. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:41:51 AM by ApexSilver06MR »

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

Tube and fin is better.

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Tube and fin has less flow restriction the bar and plate, but is not quite as efficient at expelling heat. It is also typically lighter. Extruded tube is the way to roll.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

From Bell Intercoolers:

"Does one style core cool better than another?
No, almost no difference. With three decades of testing intercooler’s, we have found no appreciable difference between any core style or manufacturer. Keep in mind, that the merit of a core is it’s efficiency versus its internal drag characteristics. When sized for a tolerable flow loss, virtually all cores will produce essentially the same efficiency results. Perhaps a core with slightly less flow area per linear inch, or one with longer tubes, will need perhaps 5% more tubes to equal the best of intercooler’s with regard to flow loss and efficiency. Not a very important difference."

To read more then you ever wanted to know:

http://www.bellintercoolers.com/pages/techFAQ.html
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

OK, first of all Corky Bell is a well known third rate engineer who doesn't know what he's talking about and is usually wrong.  He's a shady businessman (place an order for a turbo kit, wait a year to get 2/3rds of the kit and then nothing else not even support), a theif (Allen from the jyturbo list loaned him his NSX Helms manual, and then Corky went out of his way to avoid him when any attempts were made to collect it.  It's a $60 book, wtf is that shit?), and have I mentioned he's usually wrong?  Read the first fucking sentence of Maximum Boost, he goddamn contradicts himself.  The first fucking sentence.

You need to refer to the back to back tests done on HT in '02-03 where Full Rice Geoff claimed that the less restrictive bar and plate ICs (you got it backwards, BTW) would make more power with equal cooling.  Come to find out he was off by something like 40-60 whp at the 500 whp level, and the more restrictive IC did a far better job of cooling since it had actual surface area with which to enforce thermal transfer.  It was a fine moment in bandwagon tail tucking history.

Who do you believe, (Corky) a man who makes a living hyping himself with nothing tangible to show for it much less a good name, or (me) one of a couple hundred reasonably intelligent dudes across the country with access to a dyno and a litle experience?

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

OK, first of all Corky Bell is a well known third rate engineer who doesn't know what he's talking about and is usually wrong.  He's a shady businessman (place an order for a turbo kit, wait a year to get 2/3rds of the kit and then nothing else not even support), a theif (Allen from the jyturbo list loaned him his NSX Helms manual, and then Corky went out of his way to avoid him when any attempts were made to collect it.  It's a $60 book, wtf is that shit?), and have I mentioned he's usually wrong?  Read the first fucking sentence of Maximum Boost, he goddamn contradicts himself.  The first fucking sentence.

You need to refer to the back to back tests done on HT in '02-03 where Full Rice Geoff claimed that the less restrictive bar and plate ICs (you got it backwards, BTW) would make more power with equal cooling.  Come to find out he was off by something like 40-60 whp at the 500 whp level, and the more restrictive IC did a far better job of cooling since it had actual surface area with which to enforce thermal transfer.  It was a fine moment in bandwagon tail tucking history.

Who do you believe, (Corky) a man who makes a living hyping himself with nothing tangible to show for it much less a good name, or (me) one of a couple hundred reasonably intelligent dudes across the country with access to a dyno and a litle experience?

once again JD comes thru with the well needed confirmation..  You da nigga Joey

PS : you need to lose that sheild for mekkis1.  that shit be killing me

d-rail

Got to love when JD tells you some knowledge. You get a bedtime story with it to.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

LOL, I never put 2 + 2 together, I have read maximum boost, and thought it was mostly propaganda for those silly areochargers, but for whatever reason the idea that Corkey Bell, was "Bell Intercoolers" never crossed my mind.

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

Pipe down, son, I'm trying to threadjack here.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium

Pipe down, son, I'm trying to threadjack here.

So on the note of thread jack, I am still a fan of extruded tube core intercoolers.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads

Got to love when JD tells you some knowledge. You get a bedtime story with it to.

Read Corky's Superchared book it is a little better with some cut and paste from his Maximum Boost book and he shows how to build a S/C kit for a Miata that looks just like the JRSC kit. :?:

chris

Holset is on the way

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

fuckin yess....

thanks fellow wigger-pino!!!

rprznt

OK, first of all Corky Bell is a well known third rate engineer who doesn't know what he's talking about and is usually wrong.

Read the first fucking sentence of Maximum Boost, he goddamn contradicts himself.  The first fucking sentence.

Quote from: Corky Bell - Maximum Boost

A turbocharger is a simple device.....    :-X
French faggots like Teg2Boo would pour out straight likker because they  don'#39#39t deserve it.
I'#39#39m out rockclimbing / snowboarding / hiking / mtb racing. Be back soon...

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

updates

cast mani is on

holset is on

fmic is on

got a p28 today for $30 and a jumper harness for $40

pics will be up sometime this week. 

i just need a 3 bar map sensor, and ic piping and this shit will be up and running...

chris

Got a bunch of random exhaust tubing free of charge

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Got a bunch of random exhaust tubing free of charge

sik wit it. 

im still gonna try to stop by next time im in yuba. 

the shop might be a flea market for me. 

do you have a speedo cable for the crx?

chris

Fuck Im sure I have something that will work

ApexSilver06MR

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

I still need the trans bracket bolts for the rear and the pass side as well.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

bump for fliplove
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up