:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunch of pics of stuff from this week.  (Read 13755 times)

Passenger

• Certified OG
Bunch of pics of stuff from this week.
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:28:02 AM »

Things I fabbed/machined this week. I don't care if it doesn't match the usual RHMT fab, I made it myself.

Corvette exhaust, 2" primaries, 3" header back, made the flanges, oval tubing, collectors and eccentric oval to circle transitions. *edit, header pics tomorrow*

Downpipes for vw mk4 tdi's

6.0l diesel ford EGR delete kits

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
Re: Bunch of pics of stuff from this week.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 01:54:13 AM »

looks good.

passenger can you do a write up on welding thin tubing. your welds always look good on the thin shit, and i feel like i'm retarded when i weld it.

thick pipe i'm fine but this thin shit is pissing me off.

CSaddict

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 06:15:23 AM »

Looks great Dave. Can you keep updating the Vette set up. The shop I work for does mainly Corvettes. Is this something you jigged and can make more of?
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:31:14 AM »

Scetchy Dave, please post more pics like this! I enjoy looking at pimp ass fab work. I want to rip my egr delete out and put one of yours in just so I can run a passanger sticker  :noel:

Can I send people your way for deletes or are they going to BD?
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 11:01:24 AM »

Plasma or TIG'd?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »

Vette Exhaust looks so fucking good.  Top notch.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »

Turbob16hatch, what kind of info do you want on welding the thin tube? It would be easier for me to answer a few questions than do a write up on it, because I could go on for hours with all sorts of dynamics of welding tube.

Csaddict, more pics on the way, I won;t get back on the car until monday, but I want to finish it pretty quick.

Chad, I made 60 kits, they all went to BD, so I have none in stock, they do not have exclusive rights to the product at the time however so more cna be made but I can only get them done in larger orders.

Brett, only 60 of the 3/4" tube joints were cnc plasma welded, everything else was done by hand due to the plasma torch taking a dump, fighting with thermal arc about right now.

97 econobox and complex, thanks for the compliments.

Here are pics of the flanges, and all the fittings we made prior to starting the headers:

Here are the header pics, mostly done, can't wait to have them cleaned up and out of the car with the x pipe attached, will look very cool.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 02:03:05 PM »

Brett, only 60 of the 3/4" tube joints were cnc plasma welded, everything else was done by hand due to the plasma torch taking a dump, fighting with thermal arc about right now.

That thing has been fighting you since day one. I sure hope you get it sorted out soon.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »

Chad, I made 60 kits, they all went to BD, so I have none in stock, they do not have exclusive rights to the product at the time however so more cna be made but I can only get them done in larger orders.

Chad, what I read when it says this is: "show up at my shop on a friday night with booze, get me drunk and I will build anything you want."  :P

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »

Chad, what I read when it says this is: "show up at my shop on a friday night with booze, get me drunk and I will build anything you want."  :P

SSHHHHhhhhhhh.

Yeah the plasma welder was working great, I am on hold now waiting to here what they are going to do about it, there was only about 5 hours of welding left to do, but turned into 16 hours doing manual tig and me working straight through the night into the next morning to get it done in time for delivery. Not cool, I want a new torch and a bunch of spare parts at minimum. Keep in mind plasma torches are like $2k.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »

SSHHHHhhhhhhh.

twin turbo time  :D

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 04:33:59 PM »

what's it going to cost me to get a mkiv 1.8t 2.5" downpipe shipped to seattle? that work is BEAUTIFUL.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »

what's it going to cost me to get a mkiv 1.8t 2.5" downpipe shipped to seattle? that work is BEAUTIFUL.

I don't make one of those, it would have to be custom.

CSaddict

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »

Is that a C4 chassis?
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 05:45:34 PM »

who do you make the tdi pipes for?
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 06:34:10 PM »

people with vw's (retards)  :P

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 06:36:55 PM »

people with vw's (retards)  :P

guess i kinda left myself wide open for that.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »

Is that a C4 chassis?

I don't know the full details on the chasis, I don't know anything about corvettes, but from what I understand its a mix of years customized to fit the '62 body. I will take some pics of the chassis, it has some sweet Aluminum shafts wrapped in cf for the driveline.

The downpipes I make for kermatdi, emt-tuning and dieselinside.

1991civicsi

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 09:36:10 PM »

:o
"quotquotThis ain'#039#039t no forum, its a gang.. "quotquot BigDaddyVtec

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »

Looks awesome Dave. Any closeups of your plasma welds?
92GSR - mild interest

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 01:31:46 AM »

Looks awesome Dave. Any closeups of your plasma welds?

I am going to ask around and see if anyone took any pics, I don't have any. On the EGR delete kits, only 90 of the welds were automated, out of 300 welds. Plasma torch crapped out mid production which left me working through the night welding manually to get the job done on schedule. It seems I may have worked something out with Thermal Arc this afternoon and they may be covering a new torch now, so hopefully be back making automated plasma welds in the next week, which I need as I have a job that requires the plasma precision coming in this week, its some Titanium and hastelloy work with small screens.

Here are some pics from the final welding on the vette headers, gonna try and finish the exhaust this week, will grab some pics of the chassis too.

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 01:38:04 AM »

Wow full race better look out once you have your plasma all sorted out. Are the vette pieces getting your usual ceramic coating?
92GSR - mild interest

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 02:07:09 AM »

Wow full race better look out once you have your plasma all sorted out. Are the vette pieces getting your usual ceramic coating?

The welding will be better than full race, the plasma welding process is much more advanced than tig welding, especially for doing thicker materials like sch40 manifolds, you can do what is called "keyhole" welding. Which is when the arc shoots straight through the workpiece like a plasma cutting torch except the material closes up after the arc (you get a better weld if you add a bit of filler too). So you can make very narrow, very strong welds, much better than tig possibly can. It doesn't completely replace tig however, because the tungsten sits recessed in a copper orifice in plasma welding it doesn't work well for tight areas, and the torches are bulkier as well.

We are hoping to make over 550whp with the vette, will dyno next year when the car is done. As for ceramic coating, we are planning on coating the inside of the headers only, as the owner wants the natural brushed stainless look on the outside.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 03:25:37 AM »

BALLER
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

BigGameHit

• grassroots drifter
    • My Racing profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 06:27:46 AM »

very sick work..

what style v-band clamps are those?

hatrack48

• RHMT in the 303
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 10:30:09 AM »

now thats some beautiful art work....

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »

very sick work..

what style v-band clamps are those?

Special super baller clamps :mexi:

trevor72

• trevwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »

Gorgeous work as always... but what's the design consideration behind why the X is shaped like that? 

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »

Gorgeous work as always... but what's the design consideration behind why the X is shaped like that? 

Ground clearance, placing 3" tube under the transmission was not so great, so now it is only 2" tall.

trevor72

• trevwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »

i meant why its a direct cross that is square 90* separation between each pipe.  how big (or long) is the equalizing hole in the middle? just looks like the pulses will run head on into each other rather than flow past each other teasing the other side along the way...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:02:16 PM by trevor72 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up