:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: My car: rx7.  (Read 26172 times)

oinesra

My car: rx7.
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:53 PM »

Basic Homemade turbo setup.

Random Schwitzer turbo that is one of the biggest t3s i have ever seen. Ebay manifold and wastegate, Home Depot oil return line and front lip(not fully bolted on in pic.) JB weld putty on the charge pipe with crescent wrench flared ends. Down pipe is  flex pipe welded to the hat of a civic brake rotor, which is the same bolt pattern as a 4 bolt down pipe  :-*.  And insted of an intercooler I am running a cooling mist setup with an m3 preturbo and m5 after. I dont feel like proof reading this so fuck off.

My car, depot lip not bolted on.

and another

lip chillin

engine bay

oil retun and bov/charge pipe

yeah its green
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:46:11 AM by oinesra »

Cooljnateman

Re: My car: Insert funny here.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »

green =  :mexi:
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

fearsomedan

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:18:20 PM »

I like the wagon. Please boost it. What are you using for tuning on the rx

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:22:02 PM »

green =  :mexi:

Um thats funny cause if you don't got enough money for me I'm bombing your shit that color green ......  And I do have a can of that grabber green....

Cooljnateman

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:23:53 PM »

how about u giv me a number so i can get my money right! i got 250$ do i need more u havent let me know!!!!!!!!
Integra LS-T nbspnbsp 221.5 Hp 215.5 TQ 5.5psi Dyno-Max add 8-10% and for DynoJet numbers HATERS!

biscuit

• 300HP D In the Works
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 10:30:27 PM »

Looks good.  How does it run?  Any problems with the MAF sensor?  Good thinking with the rotor... ;)

oinesra

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »

Looks good.  How does it run?  Any problems with the MAF sensor?  Good thinking with the rotor... ;)

The fact that they use a fucking flapper door maf is a problem, but other than that it had no issues but I fucked something up. I decided to up the boost. so i put a reuseable paperclip on the wastegate line and upped the boost to 15psi. It ran like a bat out of hell, but I belive I broke a side or corner seal.

not a bad run on this motor thow. its been 5 yearsof beating  and 3 chassies to finally let loose. Even thow it runs like shit, i still daily the bitch

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »

Down pipe is  flex pipe welded to the hat of a civic brake rotor, which is the same bolt pattern as a 4 bolt down pipe  :-*

lol I want to see this. I never put 1+1 together, but sure as shit, the t3 turbine is a 4x100 bolt pattern. Too bad the cheap ones are cast iron, work-hardened, and heat-cycled a billion times.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 02:54:42 AM »

Down pipe is  flex pipe welded to the hat of a civic brake rotor, which is the same bolt pattern as a 4 bolt down pipe  :-*

lol I want to see this. I never put 1+1 together, but sure as shit, the t3 turbine is a 4x100 bolt pattern. Too bad the cheap ones are cast iron, work-hardened, and heat-cycled a billion times.

that is the most gangster thing ever
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

NoPistons!

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 03:12:46 AM »

Not trying to call you out or anything here but what injectors are you using and how the hell did you not blow that thing up over 4 psi?

I've heard of people running tII motors on their n/a ecu's and vice versa but damn.

Ah, anyway that's cool. 

I spy a 10ae next to the wagon?

caged

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 03:27:33 AM »

Not trying to call you out or anything here but what injectors are you using and how the hell did you not blow that thing up over 4 psi?

He has a cooling mist set up ;) . Nice rhmt set up, its good to see a rotor here for a change.
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 04:31:06 AM »

holy shit you're right
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

bikewrench

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 11:33:55 PM »

pics of down pipe?
i am all about doing shit myself, saving money, and most of the time i actually enjoy working on the car as much as driving it.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 02:28:28 AM »

Some solid shit in this thread. Well done.

NoPistons!

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 08:34:32 PM »

He has a cooling mist set up ;) . Nice rhmt set up, its good to see a rotor here for a change.

I can't believe that's it.

Didn't touch the fuel at all........

Is this running off an n/a ecu or a TII ecu and afm with TII boost sensor? 

Timing retarded via clocking the cas?

Any problems at the 3800rpm secondary crossover?  When are you hitting full boost?  Probably just off idle!?   

Your setup blows my mind.  Like, just the fact it works and has been holding up.

TheMadScientist

• Certified OG
  • I'm like Batman and Shit
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 01:34:56 AM »

more pics of the wagon pls  ;D
Why would I not be surprised if your pink slip included "quotquotthen Mr Davis overturned the table while shouting, HOWS THAT FOR FLUID MECHANICS?!"quotquot?

oinesra

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:42 AM »

oinesra

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »

I can't believe that's it.

Didn't touch the fuel at all........

Is this running off an n/a ecu or a TII ecu and afm with TII boost sensor? 

Timing retarded via clocking the cas?

Any problems at the 3800rpm secondary crossover?  When are you hitting full boost?  Probably just off idle!?   

Your setup blows my mind.  Like, just the fact it works and has been holding up.

for the longest time i was using  stock n/a ecu/AFM/pressure sensor/injectors and injecting 90% rubbing alcohol.

now im using all Tii stuff and injection 20% nitromethane rc fuel.

Timing is full advance at the CAS because the motor is bridgeported and wont idle on stock ecu correctly with stock timing

no problem with staged injection, cross over is fine. And full boost is at 3500, but the turbo hotside is huge.

The only problem with useing N/A stuff to boos is the pressure sensor. It will flip out when you hit more than 1psi, so i just unplugged it.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: My car: rx7.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 10:41:53 AM »

Wow.  The civic rotor/downpipe is fucking awesome. Now, unbolt that turbo setup and chassis from that engine, and replace the driveline with something that doesnt suck donkey cock.

:noel:

blowoff valves are for pussies.

98redcavz24

• Certified OG
  • NE Crew
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »

that downpipe is cockshot worthy. just awesome
I do, however, expect to say goodbye to a few of my daughters friends the summer before they go off to college. nbspnbsp I bid you good day, sir. -Abaz

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 07:51:34 PM »

And full boost is at 3500, but the turbo hotside is huge.

Impossible. Everyone knows (or eats it up) that rotaries accellerate turbine shafts at 13.4x the normal rate of a piston engine. :mexi:

BTW I'm curious about the nitromethane fuel. You need a richer mixture due to nitro, get hotter burn temps, and 10-20% of the fuel is usually castor oil. Is it actually working well for you?
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

QikEnuF

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »

Det Downpeez am sex

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 12:20:52 AM »

Definitely the floppy cock DP
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

90dx

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 12:11:52 PM »

Lol awesome setup dude :noel:

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »

word bitch

Toysrme

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 02:30:17 PM »

downpipe is sloppy sex hot
R/C fuel is retarded. its very expencive, it spoils extremeky quickly from moisture, UV light or being stored in heat & if you ever put enough of that shit in there to do anything itd bog down or blow up like a little bitch. any benifit you're getting is front the alcohol being sprayed out of the nozzle.

same goes for isopropyl alcohol.

spray ethyl alcohol like you're suppose to. itll work better & its infinately cheaper.

oinesra

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 10:40:19 PM »

downpipe is sloppy sex hot
R/C fuel is retarded. its very expencive, it spoils extremeky quickly from moisture, UV light or being stored in heat & if you ever put enough of that shit in there to do anything itd bog down or blow up like a little bitch. any benifit you're getting is front the alcohol being sprayed out of the nozzle.

same goes for isopropyl alcohol.

spray ethyl alcohol like you're suppose to. itll work better & its infinately cheaper.

Works like a champ for me. Best thing I have used it 75/25 meth/water, but meth around here is like 15 a gallon. Plus with the rc fuel, I get cool blue and purple flames from under my car. That is usually enough to scare off the hondas.

I got an intercooler in the works so I can finally use the meth injection the way it was meant for.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 07:44:23 PM »

it spoils extremeky quickly from moisture, UV light or being stored in heat & if you ever put enough of that shit in there to do anything itd bog down or blow up like a little bitch.

Know what RC fuel (methanol) does when it spoils? It hydrates, as in absorbs water. In his application, it shouldn't matter much, since it's used mostly to cool the mixture a little than to be the main fuel source. Given most meth setups will be ~50/50, even severly degraded fuel will be fine. However I agree that most of it is overpriced. It's the lube content that would be the issue, although rotaries need all they can get for those seals.

Toysrme

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »

im not trying to be an ass here, but ive got not only going on 20 years experiance working with R/C fuel; but we mix our own at our club.  i haven't had to buy 2-stroke R/C fuel in 3 years. here's my current stock, only the green cool-power is off the shelf fuel.

ive been through about 5 gallons since this past last june. that's a fuckload. R/C fuel is so expencive because only two factories in the US currently have the OK from the fed government to sell nitro methane

AFA what happens to cars when you run it. I can tell you from first-hand experiance its nothing good. my dad had built a bradley GTII kit car in the 70s with a worked over 1800cc vw engine in it. by the time i was in jr high the choke was shot and if it sat any length of time you had to spray starter fluid down the carb. well guess what? no started fluid and me and my buddy wanted to drive it around abit so out came a spray bottle full of 35% cox fuel.

first time it fired it threw a spark plug out the fucking head.

flash forward to 3 years ago. im playing with the auxillary injector controller output on my SMT-6 in my v6 lexus. were doing some messing around to determine how far you can go on various fuels in a gas engine on the highway (between bigminham & gadsden on I59) we had a 3 gallon supply, a pair of 550cc injectors @ around 80psi. once it had ran for a min you could run that engine peachy fine spraying diesel in it and it would gain 4mpg+ on the highway. (by the time we got passed the first 20 miles on the highway the bitch would run a good 2-3 minutes after cutting it off too) kerosene would run OK, but was fairly dirty and produced some carbon in the intake tract (likely atomization problems)

straight alcohol fuels sucked dick VS petroleum. R/C fuel wouldn't run worth a fucking shit (tried FAI (0%) 5% 10% 15%). overheating was common after the first few minutes so was bogging upon any kind of accelleration.

the first time we went out and tried to transition into using alot of R/C fuel the oil turned into sludge in the manifolds, it froze the EGR valve, clogged the throttle body vac switching passages, made a mess on the ACIS flap(varriable intake manifold) throttle blade & clogged the ISC. found oil in the AFMs bypass channel...

the conclusion we found was that it took minimal effort to get maximal gains by leaning the car via the o2 sensors until it was pulling timing out, then adding diesel back into it until it quit. no smoke, cruised like a champ and gained an easy couple of mpg. by the end of that & aero improvements we had the car doing no LESS than 31mpg on the highway and the combined mileage on it was nearly 30. (this on a car that never would do better than 18/24)

so im telling you via real experiance... if you put enough R/C fuel into an engine to do a shit, you're going to run into problems.

leave R/C fuel for engines that can burn it and have their oil feed from the fuel supply and run as a glow motor.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:55:06 PM by Toysrme »

caged

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 06:31:58 AM »

well guess what? no started fluid and me and my buddy wanted to drive it around abit so out came a spray bottle full of 35% cox fuel.
first time it fired it threw a spark plug out the fucking head.

Why does this sound like a crock of shit? How did it throw a spark plug out of the head after cranking?
11.6@126mph 1993 mitsubishi GSR.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up