:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 1991 Galant VR-4....forged 2.4L, AWD, T67, etc.... ****SOLD****  (Read 63220 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

thanks

so got a chance to fuck with her today. went to the basics. NO SPARK.... ok so grabbed stock ECU, threw it in. unplugged SD setup (so no MAP/MAF and 1000cc injectors) and has spark instantly, and trys to start.

threw a couple texts out there. doesnt look good... guy i bought it from points out that he was running a MSD ignition setup and not stock coils or something... so i layed my maps on another base with no luck, and just straight tried another, with no luck.

i needed to put new coolant in it (apparently old shit was getting slushy?!!?), so i just fired it off on the stock ECU + MAF-Translator aka "Horsepower in a Box"  :o :-X :-\ :?:   starts, then slowly goes full lean, but ran long enough to cycle the fan. not saying well enough to drive, but whatever.

not sure what the fuck im going to do.  :?: ???
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Minor Threat

• Certified OG

Put your balls on a workbench and hit them vigorously with a hammer because you have a DSM and therefore are into S&M?  :P
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

JD?
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

havent given up yet.

i checked the jumpers in the box, they look to be in the right spots. got a couple more things i need to check. gonna read the users manual over again while im bored at work.

but i have no spark, pretty sure no fuel (dont remember smelling any) so the aem box isnt getting or doesnt think its getting a signal from the cam sensor... which i probably should have checked first  ::)
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

JD?

Dustin hits me up when he needs to.  He's a prick that won't introduce himself when you meet him in person, but he's not stupid and comes to me with specific questions after he has everything half answered on his end.  The weather is the only reason the car isn't featured in multiple ripper vids being whored across the internet right now.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

maybe not the only reason. im also angry and exhausted of this shit.

I don't like to contact someone like JD straight off till I feel I have been intelligenent about my diagnosis. then I still know he is gonna say something that still makes me feel stupid...

and he did. STAT SYNC? I have never actually checked to see if the AEM even thinks the motor is spinning. I remember doing this on the CRX and thought it was stupid. cuz it just verified but didn't change/setup anything. but yeah its still important to check lol.

also said coil output test. haven't looked into this. think my problem lies with the above...

hope to make some actual progress here soon. sucks when i get home its already dark. then its been freezing or raining. killed the battery a couple times now too. ahh. fun.
if it isnt stat sync'ing i still need to figure out how to fix that.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

oh and sorry to JD for not introducing myself. I can be socially deficient sometimes.

:-*

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

really need to put some work into the Galant and figure out what's up... civic sucks in the snow...and rain... and corners... :?:

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

4wd> fwd in the snow.....

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

that civic under steers so bad... snow doesnt help the situation.  :-\

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

that civic under steers so bad... snow doesnt help the situation.  :-\

I use the ebrake to correct that :evil:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

didn't realize that till I got past the first round about, almost curbing an Advan...

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS

oh and sorry to JD for not introducing myself. I can be socially deficient sometimes.

:-*

I just cried tears of pure joy.  If only you had tits.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

so this morning...

STAT SYNC is ON... still no spark/fuel/run.. on AEM.

looked all over for the stock ECU to find it under the seat  ::)  pulled it in and fired right off. fucked with the MAF-Translator/Horsepower in a Box. (like an AFC with switches/knobs and converts to GM MAF)  got it to not idle dead lean (still like 16somethings, bouces around). hits 12s in mid'ish throttle, but upper RPM/higher boost seems to peg dead rich... whatever. it runs and drives, has passing power... just aint gonna win any races...

not giving up on the AEM. JD has offered to run my threw coil output test. i dont see anything online about it. maybe its called something else on the forums.

:Jew:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

btw. i still own this...

i put new tags on it cuz they where like 2-3 months expired  ::)

been fucking with it the last couple nights. got a handful of vacuum leaks fixed. along with some other shit. including an exhaust leak. i zeroed the MAFT fucker back out to what a stock motor should be on 1000cc injectors. then started fucking with it. it idles SOLID now. no bounce. but idles real lean. keep bumping it up, but it seems to have topped out at like 16.5 AFR's at idle. so i drove it up to get a couple gallons of gas (almost empty on 3month old gas). didnt seem to run better with fresh gas. stalls when you lift after throttle (even with blow threw maf).

fuck.

oh and i started removing the AC system. shit didnt work. was missing some pieces? anyway got it discharged a while back. started removing the lines and shit the other night. need to pull the condenser and start planning cooling system mods.

front power steering rack seems to be bleeding fluid.

brake master cylinder is slowly leaking down the booster (have upgrade replacement)

probably needs brakes. at least gripper/new pads and rotor turn. along with parking brake adjustment?

still running on MAFT, needs to be running on....anything else. preferably the AEM box i have.

stereo system sucks ballz. needs completely redone.

needs tires.

shifter feels loose, need to take it apart and see wtf.

cooling system upgrade. aluminum radiator? maybe tucked into radiator support for more engine bay room. shrouded fan or 2, etc.

:evil:

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Sounds like a DSM ;)
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

love how you guys say that. its issues all cars have. i sell those parts all the time for honda's. or in the case of the exhaust leak, probably something i caused...

plus it has sat for like 5+years of its life with a blown motor/people planning on a build that will never happen.

anyway. still love/hate... cant figure out what i want to do. kinda just want to run it on DSMLink. but i sold it cuz it sucked and wouldnt connect. kinda want to run it on AEM, but just dont want to put in the effort? (figure out why no spark/and tune) i just want it to run so i can drive it, and tune it better than its running right now. get it close to its potential.

biggest problem is that i refuse to spend anymore money on it without results.... can i get results without spending money? quite a conundrum?

then:  "over complicated" AEM? or "SLIDERBARZ!!!"

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Fuck it, re pin it and run a honda ecu.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

Fuck it, re pin it and run a honda ecu.

no shit. i was actually thinking about how i could play this out today when driving around in it.

but then thought it would be easier to remove whats left of DSM'ness and run AEM.... i dont like the throttle body/intake manifold setup anyway. run a sheet metal intake, billet/aftermarket/honda throttle body. coil on plug of not DSM parts (like LS1 coils? 300m?)....then i kinda feel like im spending too much money trying to remove shit that probably doesnt need fixed....

KISS??..... but that gets me back to sliderbarz  :-\

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

ok... so got together with my buddy and spent some time on the Galant...

in short:  got it running on AEM... but not mine... my AEM box is broken.

we did some tuning on the horsepower in a box (MAFT) and its whatever. temp anyway.

so we talked it out and came up with some plans:
ForcePerformace "race" manifold (i have burnt 2 couplers cuz my evo3 manifold is close)
i need a fuckin 11psi TiAL BOV spring. my bov likes to hang open.
SLIDERBARZ... cuz, KISS. i know i can tune it on AEM (if the box worked) and so can my buddy. but ecmlink is solid.
gonna continue to run GM blow threw with ecmlink control. (no more MAFT)
radiator. gonna try a thing or two. but Scirocco radiator is probably gonna happen.
ABS is gonna get tossed at some point.
4ws is gonna get tossed also. with a fresh DSM rack
4bolt LSD rear is gonna happen with the above
somewhere in that list is gonna be some gripper brake pads/rotor surface.

anyway. just thinking out loud here. gonna try to sell some junk and get started on this list.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

DO WORK!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

work:

~shifter went from awesome to garbage... was a broken bushing, swapped with another i had, feels WAY better. almost all the slop is gone. might look for a better rebuild kit later down the road.
while i was in there i removed the rubber shifter base bushings and replaced them with stacks of washers, not my Jew idea, but i liked it, so i did it too.  :Jew:

~fan sucked, and would start to get hot in traffic... so i had 1 china 12" fan mounted directly to the radiator. shit sucked. so i hacked up a OEM Civic shrouded fan (fit super nice), rewired/relayed/etc the whole setup. mounted the 12" to the front as a pusher. (ill post pics below)

~gauges/radio.... so when i got the car the radio/console shit was all in a tote in the trunk. i assembled it but never really liked it. cut it a little for wideband install, threw a boost gauge in, threw a coolant gauge... just was looking shitty... scored a fresh (and different) OEM radio bezel from a 93 Galant. had a nice velvet/fuzzy pocket (cell phone friendly looking), and didnt look like shit.
moved all the gauges to the glove box, cuz i dont really like gauges, so i want them out of sight when not needed.

~Air Conditioning..... shit never actually worked. was missing a couple stupid pieces im sure i found have found. car has black leather, dont really like driving when its hot/sunny as shit anyway. so i removed it all.

~cruise control.... i removed this shit a while back. its an ugly ass system. pain in the ass to remove the cable, Honda's are WAY easier. but was worth it. pedal feels million times more responsive.

~AEM box.... still broken. but guy at work is good with electronics and shit, said he would take a look at it... if he fixes it, im probably going to run it. if not, im gonna continue fixing shit till i make up my mind on AEM vs Link.

pics:

OLD PIC! only one i can really find. that boost gauge was garbage... anyway. had coolant gauge stacked next to boost gauge, then the wideband. all above the radio...  :-X :'(

much better. (dont mind the mess on the floor, lot of junk from glove box, gonna vacuum/detail her soon)

little better view. had to set them back a little cuz they will hit when you try to close the glovebox  ::)  rotated the coolant for better view of numbers that matter to me.

my Pioneer from like 06... might need replaced soon. but thats for another day...

tight fit.

hard to see in the pic. but on your right side is the drivers fan (pusher) and the shitload of room i have between it and the giant ass Spearco intercooler.

new fan relays. system is independent/standalone of the car now.

think thats it for now... more later...

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

COOLING SYSTEM UPDATE:
i fuckin hate people... its about 80 fuckin degrees out, i get stuck at a light for 2 cycles, then as the lights about to change... you guessed it A TRAIN!  ::)  so i drink another bottle of water (i had 3 16.9oz on hand, not stupid, heat/sun is not good for me), and watch the coolant temps 200-205* back and forth... SHIT WORKS!  O0

MORE WORK:

wow that pic sucks ass... ripped the ABS mod/pump/fucker and lines out.... now there wasnt actually a "problem" with this shit... just old circa 1991 ABS system.

pulled the AC pump out the back of there once the MC was out the way.

3G master cylinder. this one is bigger than the OEM. dont remember by how much. but was cheap. and mine was leaking...

forgot to take a pic of the brake lines... but i got both left and right front lines that go to the calipers. and 2 lines that do to the MC... oh and the proportioning valve.

total: $17.64 (lines/valve/DOT3) + way to much labor (i was in no hurry).... oh if you wanna count the 3G MC, i think that was $35 shipped?

not looking to sexy in there... removing more and more shit that doesnt need to be there.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

Not bad at all!

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

That fucker looks like it has 10lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag under the hood. So many cables and shit ran every ware. Damn dsms

boosted 00 black si

• Certified OG

i like :noel:
go fuck your self

BORN TO BOOST
LITTLE B16.400whp on 16psi

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

thanks guys.  ;DDD

I am going to try to work on beautifying the engine bay here soon. think I found 2-3 colors I may try for the valve cover. same time I want to setup a breather system. couple other things to remove from he engine bay...

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG

Engine paint that orillys sells. LOW GLOBE black. Looks like factory paint. Not like flat, and not glossy like a mexi painted it. Get rid of the cruise control and that will help a lot.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

Engine paint that orillys sells. LOW GLOBE black. Looks like factory paint. Not like flat, and not glossy like a mexi painted it. Get rid of the cruise control and that will help a lot.

i already removed the cruise control....

was thinking about a gray/blue/green color for the cover. oem is suppose to be wrinkle red, kinda like ITR.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up