:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 1991 Galant VR-4....forged 2.4L, AWD, T67, etc.... ****SOLD****  (Read 63277 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turbohf ~ 1991 Galant VR-4....built motor is in....
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2013, 10:02:30 PM »

I STILL OWN THIS.... IT RUNS AND DRIVES.... if i drove it i mean lol... been sitting for 3 weeks i think? didnt want to start (pretty standard issue now) and was covered in pine needles. gave it a quick squirt down to get rid of the needles, and a trip around the block.

the right front bumper light as been broken since before i even got the car. it holds the piece it has in place fine, blinks etc. problem is that Galant's are hard to find, even in junkyards. no one seems to want to sell me a single bumper light. and only VR4's had clear lights from what i gather.

last week i think? there was 2 galants at the pick n pull. 89 and a 92? 89 is cool cuz its a non SRS car, so no stupid ass motorized seat belts. car had PERFECT interior too... sexy blue....wait. fuck. but it did have a minty ass set of orange bumper lights, so i swooped both lenses and passenger housing to swap onto my car.

was looking over the junkyards online (row52.com and app) and i found what it says is a 1989 Ford F250...really did look like a 1993 Galant tho lol. so i hit up the JY today to see whats up. cuz 1993 was a 1 year only headlamp housing, but still my body style...

so this 1993 Galant (or Ford F250 if you wanna believe that shit) had clear bumper lights? no argument, just snagged up the passenger lens to match mine.

so there they both are... not sure which i actually like better?? i swapped the clear ones back on the car tho. thats the way its suppose to be...

also the super score...

1993 Galant headlights.... this was after some clean up. and re-painting the outsides of the glass black (its done like that OEM, both my old ones, and these where mostly chipped off).

my OG housing is on the bottom to get an idea of the difference. top one has some moisture in it from me washing them. also has a tiny pinhole. should be fine. almost none of the chrome is pealing, which seems to be a issue with these.

so i put the clear lenses back on, and swapped the 1993 headlights on... wasnt that easy. had to swap an adjuster after putting it all in of course, cuz someone had stripped it. but got them all adjusted and work great. no pics of them installed cuz it got dark.

i also got some EVO 8/9 lowering springs... Progress Suspension? whatever. suppose to lower the....EVO an inch or so... so im just going to swap the rears for now. might hack the fronts up a little to see if i can get it lower, or less hacked then my fronts currently are.

debating on weather its gonna snow or not... wanna get her ready for next spring. where im seriously gonna put her on the dyno. maybe/probably on E85 with some 1450cc injectors... also put some new tires on my 16s.... or if it snows? which would be awesome, ill pickup 2-4 snow tires for OEM wheels...

either way i need to upgrade/update this engine management to Ecmlink v3 w/GM MAF cable.

:Jew:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: 1991 Galant VR-4....forged 2.4L, 272s, FPRed, 25psi, AWD, etc, etc...
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2013, 03:37:05 PM »

Hows it running?
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2013, 11:47:04 PM »

Hows it running?

like shit, thanks for asking.  :-\ 

pretty sure from talking and research that my problem is:
boost leak... (i havent gotten a full proper test done. i could only get 15psi before my tester was gay. fixed things, might be more)
maf/engine management.
no cold idle adjustment

boost leak test is pretty easy, just need the right tools. im gonna hit the hardware store up again to see what i can find, or just fuckin buy overpriced kit (thats hardware store shit).
on this note. it was also coming into boost funny. but i have been driving insta-spool EK for a couple weeks too.

i think the MAF is being gay. im told its cuz the engine management doesnt like it, it acts funny sometimes, blah blah.... its a fuckin GM MAF in a Mitsu. wtf you expect? ECMLink v3 has native support for GM MAF. 75bucks for a fuckin cable, and 200bucks to upgrade my hardware/software...oh, but i gotten take it out of my running car, and send it to them... gay... but oh yeah, i havent driven it anyway (should have done this 2weeks ago? lol)

oh and the fast idle valve fuckerthingy is blocked off...cuz well i block off or throw away extra shit all the time... so it doesnt like cold starts (idles solid when warm now tho). hopefully v3 upgrade above has IACV support... didnt seem to find it on my current version.

so between those 3 things, shit should iron out. if not. fuck me. i would love to burn the fucker to the ground. but i dont want to think how much i have spent on this car (8k+) so thats not gonna happen. probably just drop the fucker off at my DSM/EVO pro buddies house, tell him to fix it, tune it, lmk what it costs.

oh, and i probably should have bought an AEM box to start with. it has a page/table/settings for EVERYTHING.

the new 2.4L forged motor is sweet tho. solid ass runner. smooth. plenty of torque. doesnt piss oil.... its awesome.

1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »

took some pics of the lights installed....and the car.

oh yeah. i bought some Suspension Techniques lowering springs (for EVO8/9) like a couple months ago. finally installed them (just the rears, might cut the fronts up later). evened the car up.

really gotta look to see the intercooler back there.

guess the pics didnt come out so well...  ::)  maybe ill drive it to work and wash it, take some better pics.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:17:20 PM by turbohf »

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55:47 AM »

Car looks good but there is almost no air flow through the fmic.

ironcrx

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  You know the air flow temp?
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »

For low speed this could be an issue for heat soak.

At Highway speeds I see no issue.

m of air = density of air * area of intercooler face* velocity of incoming air

m=p*a*v

m1 = m2 and p1 = p2 then area and velocities are what is need to change.

a1 * v1 = a2* v2

If a1 < a2 then v1 > v2

Where v2 is equal to an ideal speed at which you can transfer away from intercooler, usually less <70mph or 102ft/sec (if my memory serves me right) and varies a little on the intercooler design.

Also if the bumper is very tight against the intercooler, by the looks of it then than should help to force the oncoming through the intercooler and not around.  :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2013, 01:28:15 PM »

it logs 75°…all he time. lol. its clamped or someshit. something stupid with the MAF setup.

I really don't want to cut out the grill. think it looks like shit when people do it... but I do wonder if you can cut out the black plastic blockers without it looking shitty?? don't think I have seen or maybe noticed anyone do that.
I have no problem hacking the hole center of the beam/absorber out tho.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »

actually. I'm gonna say its got decent flow.

there is 3.5" of intercooler there. then 4-5" air gap behind that before the useless AC condenser. then OEM style koyo radiator. that radiator will go from 200° at a stop to 176° with the quickness. and pinned its self there the hole drive to work this morning.

if thr radiator is getting that kind of temp drop, im gonna assume the intercooler 6-8" in front of that has good flow?

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »

it logs 75°…all he time. lol. its clamped or someshit. something stupid with the MAF setup.

I really don't want to cut out the grill. think it looks like shit when people do it... but I do wonder if you can cut out the black plastic blockers without it looking shitty?? don't think I have seen or maybe noticed anyone do that.
I have no problem hacking the hole center of the beam/absorber out tho.

Leave the grill alone it is helping,  not hurting.   :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2013, 04:38:37 AM »

hey. should i spend more money on this thing? or is it looking good where its at?

couple ideas i got kickin around in my head:
BC coilovers ~$890   (it has EVO9 struts/shocks with cut 9 springs in front SuspensionTech springs in rear)
wheels? thinking Volk CE28's ~$1500 + tires (needs tires either way)
JDM bodywork... fine example ~500-1000 + paint... honestly, id only do this if i can find the shit local/jewish
EVO9 seats ~800

now im not saying i have the money to do all this, but i would liked to do all the above. really what would stop me is the thought that i have spent 10k on this fuckin car...

or maybe i should be spending money on my Civic and not the Galant? guess that sounds just as dumb...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »

hey. should i spend more money on this thing? or is it looking good where its at?

couple ideas i got kickin around in my head:
BC coilovers ~$890   (it has EVO9 struts/shocks with cut 9 springs in front SuspensionTech springs in rear)
wheels? thinking Volk CE28's ~$1500 + tires (needs tires either way)
JDM bodywork... fine example ~500-1000 + paint... honestly, id only do this if i can find the shit local/jewish
EVO9 seats ~800

now im not saying i have the money to do all this, but i would liked to do all the above. really what would stop me is the thought that i have spent 10k on this fuckin car...

or maybe i should be spending money on my Civic and not the Galant? guess that sounds just as dumb...

Leave it alone!

K.I.S.S.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »

true.

but it would look so much better with a JDM front bumper. and would probably cool better with JDM vented hood...

I'm not paying these inflated ass prices for these JDM parts tho. its like 500-700 each for hood/bumpers. so looking to get hookup from someone that gets containers from jdmland. 110 for new corner lights (probably buy those). and I need a not chrome grill cuz I hate it.

coilovers? going with k.i.s.s. I think on this one. shits fine that's on there I guess, hasn't caused any problems anyway.

I might do the seats? the leather couches are ok I guess. evo seats are nicer and hold you tho. but still need to find Jew deal. and make/find brackets.

I ordered a bunch of engine management stuff. hopefully have it here this weekend.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »

damn nigro, you win the lotto?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »

damn nigro, you win the lotto?

sold the crx. only spent maybe half of it. plus I'm not married with children. I can buy shit.  :-*

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »

also by a bunch of ECU stuff, im also jewish...

sent my DSMLink v2.5? for upgrade to ECMLink v3
bought ECMLink GM MAF cable (for native support, so i can throw this homo translator thing away)
4bar map sensor (cuz its a MAF car and cant log a MAP it doesnt have, probably dont *need* this)
new 30/30 boost gauge (#3 btw). current one doesnt seem trustworthy lol.
oh and a valvecover gasket. gonna shave and/or paint my cover

hopefully get some tuning in this weekend...

fuck need boost leak tester.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »

ok, bought some stuff for the G.

sent my v2.5 in to upgrade to v3. hope its worth it.

tough install. think ill be useless the rest of the weekend...

right here should be a pic of a ECM MAF cable... but there is no cable. its backordered on ECM's site, so i ordered it from a retailer that showed in stock...yeah they dropship from ECM.   :evil:

bought another boost gauge

Turbosmart 30/30...

bought a 4bar MAP to log boost also. oh yeah, but no cable to wire it in with   :evil:

another valvecover gasket. put new one on when i did the swap, think its got a little leak. planning on pulling the valvecover to possibly shave it, but repaint it forsure. will post pics of how it turns out. just need to get off my lazy ass to do it. (its cold out)

tomorrow ill probably throw the ECU back in, and see if i can get her fired off.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:30:43 PM by turbohf »

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2013, 10:29:30 PM »

oh, what you know...

shit doesnt work.

uninstalled/installed drivers a dozen times. installed software from disc, and website. etc.etc... too fuckin cold outside to be sitting in my not running ass car fuckin with laptop...

WTB:  AEM BOX FOR THIS FUCKER....

thanks, bye.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2013, 02:12:40 AM »

Lol....... Nigger riged ass shit! Why is it the dsm shit is never fun to setup? What about dsmlink?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »

Lol....... Nigger riged ass shit! Why is it the dsm shit is never fun to setup? What about dsmlink?

dsmlink = ecmlink   :-\

they changed the name when v3 came out?

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »

Why is it the dsm shit is never fun to setup?

Because it is built and designed by sadists.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2013, 12:27:42 AM »

ok, so i said FUCK THAT DSM/ECMLINK SHIT, last week or so... started looking for something else...

after some posts/texts/searching i found somethings.

$550 w/sensors... <~ehh, im too jew for that
$400 w/o sensors... <~ehh, almost jew enough (i have sensors)

wait...

ahh... $350 w/sensors... happy~> :Jew:

yup, bought myself an AEM EMS box..again.  for those that dont know/remember i had one in the CRX. so i have tuned on this before. and my good DSM/EVO buddy has tuned many before also. plan on getting this mostly dialed myself like the CRX, then finish it up with a pro, get dynoed, etc.

as you see it came with GM MAP (think its a 3bar) and IAT both with plugs... also came with some boost solenoids? idk. dont really care about those. thought he said it was coming with a harness, guess i misunderstood.

so i whipped up a speed density harness. its made to plug into the OEM MAF plug (power/ground/IAT) and timing jumper (map signal is there for AEM).

havent tested it cuz its fuckin cold as ballz outside. like my car was already frosted over at 6pm when i got home.

still havent decided if im going to use the 3 or 4 bar sensor. on pump ill probably be capping out at 25psi +/-... but if and probably when i fill this fucker full of some E85 and some 1450cc injectors ill probably be taking it to 35psi...
oh, on this turbo it looks like 25psi will get you ~450whp, 35psi is 550whp.... guess we will see  :noel:

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2013, 10:10:51 AM »

Sounds to me like a cheap holsut will make you more power!

Did you try texting JD for the ecmlink?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2013, 10:49:44 AM »

Sounds to me like a cheap holsut will make you more power!

Did you try texting JD for the ecmlink?

turbo i have is fine. it fits. and will make plenty of power. holsets require even more than standard dsm boost levels to make awesome power. and dont fit for shit.

im over the ecmlink. mental energy is not something im waisting any more of on that shit. ive moved on.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »

Right on man. Ill look into getting you types injectors....

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2013, 01:47:33 AM »

Right on man. Ill look into getting you types injectors....

hook me up man. im gonna need those im sure. i know i have said this many times, but im pretty sure this will be rockin E85 all spring/summer. unless the price/mileage just is stupid on it.

---

pinned my harness wrong lol... quick swap got results....

but it shows -13psi, and IAT of 127*...its 27* according to my ECT... so might need to look at something?

so that means?? IT FUCKIN CONNECTED  ;DDD ::)  did it instantly without fuss also. well other than AEM's redownloading of tune everytime, you get use to it. so yeah. coolant temp checked out (fuck its cold outside), and i rolled threw the throttle a couple times. felt good. gave the key a roll, but with the MAP showing -13psi its not gonna start, battery didnt seem happy...or maybe its the frozen 20w50 thats pissing off the starter?

:noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

bought more shit...

the AEM box likes the 2g knock sensor better than the old ass 1g style. so fuckit. bought one from mitsu.

JD hooked me up with an EVO map that had the same/similar injectors, cams, turbo... so I hacked up my base with those numbers for fuel and a stroker 2.3 DSM for timing. hope/should work just fine. I need to put coolant in the car, which requires me remember to get some. then I'll give it a try.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG

I want to see rippers!

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated

I want to see rippers!

I just want to drive it  :-\

NoPistons!

I love this car.  Unsuspecting and dirty.   I wouldn't waste money on expensive wheels before you get the suspension where you want it.  Money saved on wheels could be spent on better tires like some r888's or rt615's or something nice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up